Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Houkaka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190813_144848 (resized).jpg

#1 9 days ago

While I'm still on my paternity leave and that the baby is asleep, I thought it would be a good idea to work on my dismembered Cyclone that has been sitting in boxes for about 7 years now.
Currently, I'm at the stage of rebuilding the lamp harness, but I'm missing some info about how the #18 lamps are connected together and to the harness.

Here's the info I've got:
1. Page 38 & 39 of the manual (lamp circuitry & lamps) don't tell much except for the color coding of the wires that connects to the lamps.
2. From my notes I've written while taking the machine apparts, both red-blk wires should be soldered together on the same terminal of the smaller #18 socket, same for the two yel-orn wires. I've got nothing about the larger socket except for its identification.
3. Image from the Cyclone gallery of underneath the playfield are too blurry to help me on that.
4. Haven't looked through the pictures of the club topic. Will update if I find something.
*Update: pic of that area underneath the playfield are still blurry on that topic, but the larger socket isn't wired to the small one from what I can tell.*

How is it wirred on your's? Pictures would greatly help.

Thanks in advance,
Francis
IMG_20190813_144848 (resized).jpg

#2 9 days ago

Red and brown/black ,flasher info on page 28 of manual .The larger sockets for flashers are different voltage than small sockets.

image (resized).jpeg
#3 9 days ago
Quoted from pintime:

Red and brown/black ,flasher info on page 28 of manual .The larger sockets for flashers are different voltage than small sockets.

Thanks a lot.
So yeah, turns out I've most probably labeled wrong the flasher. Page 40 of the manual (Solenoids/Flashers) gives the position of the flashers on the playfield and it matches with your picture (even tho the description of the flashers doesn't between p.28 and 40).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Lake Tahoe, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside