image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4346.JPG
IMG_4359.JPG
IMG_4362.JPG
IMG_4361.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parkway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I made a previous post about the backbox lighting on my new Cyclone and LTG steered me in the right direction (burnt connector on the interconnect board). Got that fixed and I've been looking into two other problems; been using what I've learned here and have fixed several other small issues, but two have me stumped.

1. The GI for the playfield is dark; no lights at all (specials and inserts work fine). While looking for more burnt connectors, I found an electrical taped wire where one has been splced into another; definitely a hack job (first picture). It's also pretty melted and deformed. It goes with the connector on the bottom right of the power supply (second picture). I traced it down to the bottom of the playfield where it is sloppily soldered onto a light socket (third picture). The fifth picture (probably in a subsequent reply post) shows a square shaped connector that seems to be missing a wire. I'm still not great at reading the wiring diagrams and such, but my question is, is this causing my GI problems? Does that piece of speaker wire that someone used belong in the sqaure connector missing a wire?

2. When running the diagnostics, I get what I assume to be an error for the Mystery Wheel Opto. I thought it was working fine, but it sits there and flashes at me the below pictured message.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again. Despite it's couple of problems, I'm having a blast with the pin.

IMG_4361.JPGIMG_4361.JPG IMG_4362.JPGIMG_4362.JPG IMG_4359.JPGIMG_4359.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Mystery wheel message:

// Error: Image 58008 not found // // Error: Image 58009 not found //

#3 11 years ago

Square connector:

IMG_4346.JPGIMG_4346.JPG

#4 11 years ago

Anybody? Even just a nudge in the right direction? No more burnt connectors that I can see and fuses are good and brand new.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks, Viper. I appreciate it. I went and checked and reseated that connector; not burned as far as I can tell. GI still not working. However, as I was doing so, I caught sight of a relay board that lives all the way at the top of the underside of the playfield and the first couple of pins and the connector were toast! I have headers in the way from mouser, but could this be the problem? I didn't think to check the relay boards when I was looking for burnt connectors.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 11 years ago

Yup, that would be the one. Thanks again. In reading Clay's system 11 guide, I must have missed the mention of the GI relay. Pretty dumb on my part. I'll post back once I get it fixed. Thanks, again.

#9 11 years ago

Out of curiosity, could I use this as a replacement if for some reason I can't repair the current board?

http://www.pinballpcb.com/Snubber.html

#11 11 years ago

Thanks once again.

I'll try to repair the old one first; my soldering skills are pretty good. Once this is fixed, then the only other technical thing to fix is the left slingshot. But that's a thread for another time...

Thanks again and happy holidays.

#12 11 years ago

Repinned board and connector and we're in business. Thanks again.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parkway.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-gi-problem-and-ferris-opto?tu=parkway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.