New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 145491)

Cyclone fuses - what are these for??

By schmitsky

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by schmitsky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2015-11-30_11-50-34.jpg
image.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hello all,

Complete newbie here but excited about getting to grips with my new project - a rather dirty Cyclone that appears to have made its way from Germany to Australia...

Anyway, there seem to have been a couple of strange additions to the backbox - a couple of brackets instead of the interconnect board on the left, some large wood additions on the right - both easily removed with a screwdriver, but the bit I can't understand (and I'm very new at circuit boards) is the addition of extra fuses on the backboard - see pics. Can anyone help me out as to why they might be there? I'm assuming I should remove them (once I've worked out where all the wires go)?

As a fyi I haven't turned the machine on yet as I need to change the plug from European to Australian but I've been told the GI board works but not much else - much investigation to come I think!

Thank you in advance!

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Looks like someone added the piece of wood, and then had to move the fuses that are normally on the RH side of the backbox.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks - those ones on the right are still there I think - you can see them in this pic once the wood was removed. Are these 4 random ones also additional ones which are usually on the right too?

image.jpg

Many thanks!

#4 4 years ago

Those are the fuses for the GI, normally located where the piece of wood is now mounted as vid mentioned. I really wonder what that piece of wood is for? Almost looks like its holding the power board in place...

Also, get rid of those leaky batteries ASAP!

2015-11-30_11-50-34.jpg

#5 4 years ago

That's super helpful thanks - didn't find those fuses in the backbox parts listing in the manuals. I will put them back where they belong! Yes, the batteries are coming off tomorrow - it only arrived this afternoon and I've only had a chance to unscrew those bits of wood so far.

Thanks again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Highland Village, TX
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Highland Village, TX
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 50.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
COINTAKER.COM
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside