You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150508_214257.jpg
20150508_210946.jpg
1431117650169.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So my flippers look like a rats nest right now. They were causing the game to reset itself. I have totally new coils and rebuilds for them but my question is are they supposed to have a wire soldering them together like that? Anyone have a good pic of what should go where?

1431117650169.jpg1431117650169.jpg
#2 8 years ago

Some one jumpered them. You are missing the yellow resistor on the eos switch on the left one.

#3 8 years ago

What does jumperIing them do? How about the extra diodes soldered on the outermost switches?

#4 8 years ago

Just a nicer term of some one hacked them to make them work. I looked for a picture of my cyclone but I don't have one. If you have rebuild kits the should come with new yellow resistors. Check out this video maybe it will help.

#5 8 years ago

they jumped it to use the capacitor for both flippers ( Hack) each coil needs its own capacitor.

#6 8 years ago

From the video I think most of the stuff is correct on your flippers even the wire that connects them it is the gray one in the video. Looks like the only thing you are missing is the yellow resister.

#7 8 years ago

Yea yellow capacitor not resister.

#8 8 years ago

What about these clearly not factory diodes? Do I need them anymore? I assume they were put in when I diode went bad on the coils to fix the reset problem it would cause.

#10 8 years ago

Let's try that again

20150508_214257.jpg20150508_214257.jpg
#11 8 years ago

No that protects against radio frequency interference that must stay!

KNOT!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-flipper-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.