3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s11ssol2 (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hi guys, i see that this topic has been covered a few times but it appears as though im experiencing a different problem. My ferris wheel relay doesn't appear to be grounded by the driving transistor. If i ground the relay drv input my wheel spins, so i moved up to the transistor, grounded that and my wheel spins. That led me to the pre driver transistor, Q2 which i also replaced but it appears the center leg is grounded, would this be a problem with U17 thats only effecting the ferris wheel driver and pre driver, or would the rest of the solenoids using u17 be experiencing issues as well?

Thanks for your time!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from awsome-dudes:

so i moved up to the transistor, grounded that and my wheel spins.

Did you test/replace Q6 at this time?....grounding the tab on the transistor only verifies the wiring is good from the transistor out to the relay. Grounding the tab on a driver resistor does not test the transistor.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Did you test/replace Q6 at this time?....grounding the tab on the transistor only verifies the wiring is good from the transistor out to the relay. Grounding the tab on a driver resistor does not test the transistor.

Yes Q6 was also replaced.

#4 3 years ago

OK, though you did not mention it, I assume you already had the game in test mode and it does not spin there either, correct?

Below is a diagram of the controlled solenoid logic, I would use an oscilloscope, logic probe, or DMM to verify the test points indicated there have a pulse high when the feature is triggered in the solenoid test. The results you find compared will determine which part of the circuit to direct attention to next.

s11ssol2 (resized).pngs11ssol2 (resized).png
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

OK, though you did not mention it, I assume you already had the game in test mode and it does not spin there either, correct?
Below is a diagram of the controlled solenoid logic, I would use an oscilloscope, logic probe, or DMM to verify the test points indicated there have a pulse high when the feature is triggered in the solenoid test. The results you find compared will determine which part of the circuit to direct attention to next.[quoted image]

I did try test mode as well. I will double check test points this evening.

#6 3 years ago

Went ahead and replaced u17 because i had spares on order anyways. Ferris wheel then came on 24/7, when back to Q2 as it was shorted even after I replaced it (my guess is u17 caused it to short), swapped it out again and everything appears to be in working order!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from awsome-dudes:

Went ahead and replaced u17 because i had spares on order anyways. Ferris wheel then came on 24/7, when back to Q2 as it was shorted even after I replaced it (my guess is u17 caused it to short), swapped it out again and everything appears to be in working order!

Good job! Playtime!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Good job! Playtime!

first I gotta fix the dang mystery wheel xD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-ferris-wheel-wont-spin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.