(Topic ID: 185568)

Cyclone Drain Triggers Ferris Wheel / Spook House Doesn't Work

By harryhoudini

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

On the last legs of a full rebuild and I'm having a few issues that I'm hoping might be solved with some help here. Not sure they are related.

1. When the ball drains it triggers the ferris wheel. So the wheel spins and everything, awards the prize and then accepts that the ball drained. I can't imagine how this is happening, the wires definitely are not crossed that I can see. The harness won't even let them get close and each harness being different I can't see how I mixed up anything.

Upon further investigation I see how there are several switches/coils that share a common wire (white/red) that match up (including the drain switch and the spook house). So is this simply a crossed connection, frayed wire, etc. somewhere? Or do I need to be looking at a board?

2. One "string" of lights does not work. Again, all on the same common wire (green/red). This is like the "3rd" light in a lot of things.. like the top gates, the ducks, etc. Same question, where do I start with this issue?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

For issue #1 can you go into switch test and manually try each one of the switches? Especially the ferris wheel, trough, spook house etc.

I should have noted, I did. If I trigger the trough switch it lights up as spook house. Also, when triggered the machine "freaks out" repeatedly triggering the spook house "center drop" switch. It went on for 10 seconds or so and then finally stopped. I couldn't make it happen again but surely seems like some sort of short, no? I inspected it all and didn't see anything obvious between the spook house kicker, switch and trough switch.

So I guess i am unsure if it is a switch itself, wiring or somewhere on the boards. There was also, and maybe this is no longer an issue I am not sure, an issue where the spook house ghost would not pop up at all. I think it is working now, have to confirm that one.

#4 7 years ago

Just confirmed... so right flipper made the "center drop" freak out and trigger over and over. Then when the trough was triggered it showed "spook house score" and "center drop" at the same time and then center drop freaks out and triggers over and over. I don't ever see a "trough" switch on the display.

I am fairly sure the white/red wire is the common element between all of those items. Except score spook house is on white/orange (per the manual) so maybe that is helping diagnose. May not be just the white/red but somewhere that those two meet? On the playfield or in the back box maybe?

Again, I've traced them pretty well and don't see any issues (I fixed one "splice" the PO made with some wire twists and electrical tape.. geesh) otherwise.

#5 7 years ago

If this helps at all here is the current underside of the playfield.

https://goo.gl/photos/RznRDyUniFcfxTmJ8

#7 7 years ago

Still learning how all this works. Never had any electrical experience with this kind of stuff.

So I tracked down the "switch issue" to be the ramp switch for the comet (I think that was the one) that was freaking out. Luckily i had another (I have like 10 broken ramps for this damn thing when I was trying to get them remade a while back on here) so I swapped it out and that solved it.

Having an issue with the lights on a particular "string" that is the 3rd light for the top gates, 3rd light for the ducks, etc. Going to work on nailing that down now.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-drain-triggers-ferris-wheel-spook-house-doesnt-work?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.