A4CBE254-84F4-42AA-B3B6-4505FC8FCA70 (resized).jpeg
BFAB0A2C-0783-424C-8E15-71E45374839A (resized).jpeg
C29C794A-9E4D-4E1B-AC48-6B622DA834B8 (resized).jpeg
cylcone.jpg
IMG_7369.JPG
IMG_7367.JPG
IMG_7366.JPG
IMG_7364.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Mod - for sale

Cyclone/Comet/Hurricane | 3D Roller Coasters

Added: 2018-12-31 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 45 times (March 28th, 2024) • Expires: May 9th, 2024 16:30
Condition: New (selling multiple)

Price

$ 50 (Firm)

Price is firm

Contact seller

I've been commissioned by a Cyclone owner to custom create Cyclone and Comet coaster models that resemble the ones on the backglass of each game (plus I added the Hurricane), so I wanted to offer to other Cyclone/Comet/Hurricane owners out there. Their are a variety of mounting positions in each game, so it is up to you. Suggestion for mounting is to use Scotch Clear Mounting Tape (please browse through this entire post to see more pics of possible mounting positions). Dimensions of each coaster is 2" wide x 5.75" long x 1" tall.

I have 3 coaster options for purchase. Also, I can print in custom colors. The Cyclone coaster sled is printed in a light "denim blue", the Comet printed in yellow, and the Hurricane also in the "denim blue", but I can customize to a variety of colors if desired. The seats can be any two colors with the bottom seat and bars being the same color (black by default) and the back being a different color (blue for the Cyclone & Hurricane and red for the Comet by default) or they can both be the same. Current available colors include: white, black, gray/silver, red, denim blue, yellow, orange, light green, dark green, clear, glow in the dark green, white marble, galaxy black (silver specs), and copper. Alternatively, you may order in all white if you would like to custom paint your coaster(s) - FYI if ordered this way I will send the seats separately to make them easier to paint, and you'll just superglue them in place using the provided guides).

So, here is the pricing with shipping included to US residents (I will ship outside US, and will provide shipping charges upon request):

Single Coaster Order (Either Cyclone, Comet, or Hurricane)

Option 1) With Lighting Included = $50 includes shipping to US (will include 6.3V white LED strip with connectors, 12 inch extension cable, and alligator clips to attached to 5-6V GI socket)

Option 2) Without Lighting = $40 includes shipping to US (model will still include channel for LED strip, but you supply your own lighting)

Multiples) If you order 2 or more coasters at a time, then I'll discount each coaster by $5 (e.g. 2x lighted = $90, 2x w/o lighting = $70, 3x lighted = $135, 3x w/o lighting = $105).

Please PM me if interested with details, and I'll provide payment info. Lead time from payment to shipment is about 1 week, but often times I can turn around in a couple of days. All shipping is USPS first class unless you would like to pay the difference for USPS Priority Mail.

- Which Coaster(s)
- Coaster sled color (for each coaster if ordering more than one)
- Seat bottom & bar color (for each coaster if ordering more than one)
- Seat back color (for each coaster if ordering more than one)

Item photos

IMG_7362.JPG
cyclone.jpg
IMG_7350.JPG
IMG_7351.JPG
IMG_7343.JPG
IMG_7344.JPG
IMG_7345.JPG
IMG_7346.JPG
IMG_7347.JPG
Comet.jpg
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_7355.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG
HurricaneBG (resized).jpg
IMG_7364.JPG
IMG_7366.JPG
IMG_7367.JPG
IMG_7369.JPG
lighting.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas
Willing to deliver

Contact

Contact Mr_Tantrum via PinsideMail.

Contact seller

Seller insights

These are Mr_Tantrum's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mr_Tantrum's stats page

Item location

Fort Worth, TX, US

Other ads from this Pinsider

Mr_Tantrum currently has 82 other ads on the Pinside marketplace. Showing the 50 most recently placed ads.

30 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
25 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
20 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
25 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
35 (Firm)
20 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
25 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
20 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
25 (Firm)

#2 5 years ago

Very cool! I'm not into toys normally, but this makes me wish I owned a comet! Fair price as well!

#3 5 years ago

Looks really cool. Could you have done blue seats instead of red? For a perfect match?

#4 5 years ago

Would be helpful to see it installed in the actual pin.

#5 5 years ago

blue would be better...I would detail the face myself

#6 5 years ago

Let me see if I can address the question/points thus far:

1) Would be helpful to see installed in actual pin. I agree, but this will have to wait until one of my current orders receives their's and installs it. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Cyclone. However, my plan is to post pics as soon as someone can provide them (probably in a week or so).

2) Blue would be better. A couple of things here. First, I don't have blue filament, but that is easily resolvable in a couple of days if someone really wants blue and commits to ordering. Of course, that begs the question, which blue tone? The brand of filament I prefer offers Real (opaque & translucent), Aqua (opaque & translucent), Teal, and Navy blues. Secondly, the darker the color the less the light transfers through the model. Again, possibly okay for many with a lighter color blue and definitely okay if you opt to light externally somehow.

3) Can I do blue (or any other color) seats. I can do the seats in any color I offered (these are the filament colors I have on hand), and I can even buy blue filament (see above) if that is a requirement for someone to purchase (I do want to settle on a consensus "blue", however). Due to the 3D printing process, the bars and the seat bottom must always be the same color while the seat back can either be the same color as the bars & seat bottom or the back can be a completely different color. Of course, you always have the option of ordering everything in white and painting it to your liking.

Blue.jpgBlue.jpg

#7 5 years ago

I think the see thru Aqua blue would be best for the seats...at least in my opinion.....though white would be fine as well. I am just going to detail paint mine anyway.

#8 5 years ago

Fort the coaster, I'm leaning towards the light/baby blue - aqua. I think you want a little more opaque in order for the light to transfer through the entire model best. Either way, need someone to commit to the color to buy one before I purchase the filament.

Also, I'm getting very close to having my Comet coaster done. Will update this post soon and make both available for purchase.

#9 5 years ago

watching this. really want to see what it will look like installed.

#10 5 years ago

These are looking good!

#11 5 years ago

How much for the Comet/Cyclone/Hurricane 3-pack?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

How much for the Comet/Cyclone/Hurricane 3-pack?

Wow, that's a completely different coaster challenge. I don't know if I have what it takes (tools or skill) to design something close to that. I think about and maybe play with it over the weekend to determine what I can do. If I can achieve it, price will be the same as presented, but if you want a 3 pack I'd do it for $110 with lighting or $74 w/o lighting.

#13 5 years ago

One of my issues will be coloring as I don't have a way to print multiple colors on the same layers. If you wanted the red lips and brow, you would need to paint them.

#14 5 years ago

Looks lime it would fit okay in tne spot I wss talking about...

1546482688086800527793 (resized).jpg1546482688086800527793 (resized).jpg
#15 5 years ago

looking like progress is under way for toys for two older games that could use some extra things.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Looks lime it would fit okay in tne spot I wss talking about...
[quoted image]

Sweet - I guess you're ready to order then?

Seriously, if you do want to order something please PM me and we'll work out the details.

FYI, the lighting channel is designed to where the wires come out at the very back of the coaster center-bottom.

#17 5 years ago

Looks great but it will be difficult to put a drink on those coasters....

#18 5 years ago

Looks great! Has anyone bought one to put in their Comet? I'd like to see what it looks like in the game.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Looks great! Has anyone bought one to put in their Comet? I'd like to see what it looks like in the game.

Yes, I have a few on route to their owners. I’ve been promised pics as soon as they get them installed and will share ASAP.

#20 5 years ago

Well, I’ve Settled in a blue that is even different from all those above. The aqua blue is a baby/NC blue but they have a color called Blue Denim this is light but muted.

This will be the default for the Cyvlone sled and seat backs, but you can always choose one of my others. I’ll post a make as soon as I can in the next couple of days.

#21 5 years ago

Comet looks great! I'm definitely in. Just waiting to see the Cyclone in color. Tempted to try a custom paint job on them. Can't wait to see the Hurricane!!! I know you can do it. Remember just a few days ago you weren't sure how the Comet would come out, I think it might even look better than the Cyclone.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Comet looks great! I'm definitely in. Just waiting to see the Cyclone in color. Tempted to try a custom paint job on them. Can't wait to see the Hurricane!!! I know you can do it. Remember just a few days ago you weren't sure how the Comet would come out, I think it might even look better than the Cyclone.

FYI, one owner purchased both coasters in all white as his plan is to custom paint them, so I'm obviously open to do that for those who are interested. When purchased this way, I will ship with the seats not yet glued in to make them easier to paint (seems like a delicate process to me). However, I do have seat guides printed into the sled which makes it very easy to glue them to the correct position using superglue or whatever else your favorite plastic adhesive is (must make sure it is something that won't melt the model).

Just received my blue filament, but in the middle of some other prints. May be late tomorrow before I can finish/post the colored Cyclone. Also, still haven't started on the Hurricane but not adverse to it at this point.

denim.jpgdenim.jpg
#23 5 years ago

Would you be able to make larger ones? Might look good as a topper.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Would you be able to make larger ones? Might look good as a topper.

The largest I could print in a single piece would be 25cm long x 8.5cm wide (about 10" x 3.5"). However, I could print in multiple pieces and glue together to make even larger. I would have to calculate a price based on the size, so let me know what you are thinking if truly interested.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The largest I could print in a single piece would be 25cm long x 8.5cm wide (about 10" x 3.5"). However, I could print in multiple pieces and glue together to make even larger. I would have to calculate a price based on the size, so let me know what you are thinking if truly interested.

3.5" while keeping the same aspect sounds pretty good. Definitely interested, thanks! Probably don't need lights in them. I did pick up some tiny tip paint brushes today, they didn't have the paint I want though.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

3.5" while keeping the same aspect sounds pretty good.

Agreed! I was thinking the same thing—toppers. I was thinking with lights though, tied into the lights at the entrance to the ramps.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Agreed! I was thinking the same thing—toppers. I was thinking with lights though, tied into the lights at the entrance to the ramps.

Do you have a thought on how to light?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also some flashers tied in.

#29 5 years ago

More exactly 9.84" long x 3.34" wide x 1.76" tall

Including shipping, I would do $42 w/o lighting for 1 or $74 for 2 (this will take more than 12 hours each to print).

I think lighting them will take a different solution than the smaller ones, and could get expensive using Comet Matrix lighting. I think I would leave this to the one who purchased, but if others can come up with a consistent methodology, I could most likely build in the appropriate channels to support the lighting plan.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
#30 5 years ago

I think the topper should just be the face!
The same size as Hurricane topper!
He you you with the face !

9BF2267B-B7EA-4C38-BD4A-877BECF78F44 (resized).jpeg9BF2267B-B7EA-4C38-BD4A-877BECF78F44 (resized).jpeg

AD5C7AA7-7A36-4DCC-8D11-838C7B9B7267 (resized).pngAD5C7AA7-7A36-4DCC-8D11-838C7B9B7267 (resized).png
#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I started designing a breakout circuit board for the lamp matrix connectors in the backbox so I could wire it there. I was just kind of playing around with the idea. Something like that might already exist.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I think the topper should just be the face!
The same size as Hurricane topper!
He you you with the face !
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That could be good size then: 9.84" wide x 3.975 deep x 4.30 tall. I could leave the back open so you could mount lighting however you like.

topper.JPGtopper.JPG
#33 5 years ago

CC70F44D-3803-4646-A66D-40F983C47659 (resized).jpegCC70F44D-3803-4646-A66D-40F983C47659 (resized).jpeg
Heads are 29” wide so I think should be as wide as a taxi topper aprox. 18” wide

#34 5 years ago

I'm loving the ideas i'm seeing here. quick thought Flashers for the eyes and some general illumination then maybe extra light that would go off with flashers in eyes yet another midnight pinball thought.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

I'm loving the ideas i'm seeing here. quick thought Flashers for the eyes and some general illumination then maybe extra light that would go off with flashers in eyes yet another midnight pinball thought.

I can design the model if there is true interest/commitment, but someone else will need to come up with the lighting plan, where to mount what, how to wire to the game, etc.

Also, I can go bigger than the max I listed, but would have to print in pieces and glue together. The good thing is on something that large, many of the details could be printed separately in different colors and then glued together.

I’m guessing I would charge between $60-$75 for such a thing depending upon size, complexity, shipping, etc.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Can't wait to see the Hurricane!!! I know you can do it.

I made some progress today.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
#37 5 years ago

These are great! I’d love both of them, will place order when I get back from CES

#38 5 years ago

Here are updated photos with lighting for each. I reworked the internal face of the Cyclone to better light-up.

IMG_7351.JPGIMG_7351.JPGIMG_7355.JPGIMG_7355.JPGIMG_7362.JPGIMG_7362.JPG
#39 5 years ago

Looks even better than I would have thought lit up! I wonder if there are some figures that would be a good size to fit in there so you would have passengers.
If there is a good place on Comet that you can plug into I am pretty sure I'll be getting one soon

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Looks even better than I would have thought lit up! I wonder if there are some figures that would be a good size to fit in there so you would have passengers.
If there is a good place on Comet that you can plug into I am pretty sure I'll be getting one soon

I need some Comet owners to chime in. The lighting I provide is Comet Pinball (the LED company) 6.3 volt matrix with 12” extension and clips to attach to GI light socket.

People are tough and impractical to 3D print in mass, and would have to be hand painted. Someone could design/print full color 2D characters to glue or tape into seats.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I made some progress today.[quoted image]

That's a great start on the Hurricane. Thanks for doing it.

The lit Cyclone and Comet look great too!

#42 5 years ago

To cool. My Hurricane awaits a great mod finally!

#43 5 years ago

Look on ebay for painted seated figures... 1:32 might work... I use them fir trains... Or maybe slightly smaller like O scale seated figures... Super cheap...

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

Look on ebay for painted seated figures... 1:32 might work... I use them fir trains... Or maybe slightly smaller like O scale seated figures... Super cheap...

Some measurements:

- Overall bench width: 22.35 mm
- Overall bench depth: 19.21 mm
- Overall bench height: 43.66 mm

These will determine the size of figure that can be used (need to be able to insert under each set of restraint bars), and you will have to cut their legs off since there is very little space from the seat to the floor (just a couple of mm).
- From top of seat bottom to bottom of restraint bar at top: 16.5 mm
- Inner width between restraint bars: 9.6 mm
- Out width between restraint bars: 15 mm

#46 5 years ago

Here are some placement ideas for the Cyclone.

20190106_145314.jpeg20190106_145314.jpeg20190106_145343.jpeg20190106_145343.jpeg20190106_145422.jpeg20190106_145422.jpeg20190106_145447.jpeg20190106_145447.jpeg20190106_152355.jpeg20190106_152355.jpeg
#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here are some placement ideas for the Cyclone.
[quoted image]

Can you make it “shorter” to cover the shooter gauge? Same length just shorter on the part that goes over the gauge

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Can you make it “shorter” to cover the shooter gauge? Same length just shorter on the part that goes over the gauge

If I'm understanding you, I could just cut out a seat or two. I would need the exact measurement that it would need to be. Happy to do it, if you are committed to buy. Please note that the coaster is 1" tall. Would this give you enough clearance under the glass?

Please clarify the following:

length = from front to back (5.75")
width = from left side to right side (2")
height = from bottom to top (1")

I assume by "shorter" you mean to reduce the length, correct?

#49 5 years ago

Here is how the Hurricane head came out - I'm happy with it, so now just have to design the rest of the coaster.

IMG_1702.JPGIMG_1702.JPGIMG_1701.JPGIMG_1701.JPG
#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If I'm understanding you, I could just cut out a seat or two. I would need the exact measurement that it would need to be. Happy to do it, if you are committed to buy. Please note that the coaster is 1" tall. Would this give you enough clearance under the glass?
Please clarify the following:
length = from front to back (5.75")
width = from left side to right side (2")
height = from bottom to top (1")
I assume by "shorter" you mean to reduce the length, correct?

No I mean shorter in height on only the section on top of the gauge

ETA... looking back on your post, it looks like it’ll fit there already

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-comet-coaster?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.