pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider splattii.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1389 1 year ago

Hi,

I picked up a Cyclone the other day and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with it. I went to buy another game a couple of weeks ago and when I arrived the owner had multiple machines. I asked if they were for sale and he proceeded to tell me they all were, he just hadn't had time to list anything yet. I've never owned a System 11 before so I went after the Cyclone and he asked if I wanted to play it. He turned it on and I started playing. Hit some bumpers, went over some switches, went on a rap and then hit the ferris wheel. Upon hitting the wheel something glitched, can't remember what, but frankly it seemed minor at the time. He turned it off, turned it back on and the game wouldn't play at that point. I could start a game, it would say "step right up, step right up" but upon pulling the rod the playfield goes dead (outside of the ferris wheel which spins a few times). When I say dead, I mean the bumpers don't work, the switches don't work, the flippers don't work etc... It's pretty much dead. When the ball drains the game ends so that's not correct either. At that point he said to call him in a week so he could fix it, but after a few weeks he said he hadn't had time and offered a discount. I decided to go for it.

When I run diagnostic mode the flippers and other solenoids work. All the switches work. The fuses seem fine. The only thing that seemed to be a potential issue would be during solenoid test 3 of the tests said "not in use". I'm not sure if that means they're problematic or that's the expected message. I also notice that the ferris wheel stops as soon as the ball get to the playfield, not sure why, but I tested all the switches at the top of the playfield and everything seems ok. Part of me thinks this is something simple because of how it broke but who knows. The 2nd of the 3 lights inside of the backbox is blinking so there is a problem, I just can't find it.

Edit: I remembered one more thing, the ball kicker that kicks the ball out after using the shooter rod works. That seems to be the only thing outside of the ferris wheel and lights that work (sounds work also)

Thank you

Added 21 months ago:

I was just playing around with it again and here's exactly what happens;

The playfield has lights
I add credit, it makes a chime sound
I hit the start button
It says "hurry, hurry"
While it's saying "hurry, hurry" the flippers work, the ferris wheel works, the bumpers work etc....
As soon as it's finished saying "hurry, hurry" the entire playfield dies with the exception of the lights and ball kicker
The backbox then says "X credits" suggesting there is no game being played, ie the game is over

Any ideas?

#1394 1 year ago

Thanks for the responses. I managed to fix it. The slam tilt was pressing against the door whenever the door was closed. I adjusted it slightly and the game plays great now outside of the Ferris Wheel which can't pull the ball up. I assume it's a belt issue as the belt is yellowing. I'll replace that and this should be an enjoyable machine. Not looking forward to it, they didn't make it easy unless there's a trick I'm not seeing

#1397 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Use rubber no need for that hard plastic overpriced band!

Do you know what size band I need? If I can get away with a rubber that would be ideal as I have a bunch on hand already. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider splattii.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only?tu=splattii and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.