pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patwoodraillvr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1236 2 years ago

Recently bought a Cyclone. I'm a woodrail collector and this is my first SS machine, I love it!! Doing all kinds of things to it as I continue to recondition it. I have a few questions for the group (I'm sure I'll have more as time goes on). First question, the cabinet is in pretty nice shape with the exception of the artwork on the back box right side. It's missing. I bought a stencil set from Pinball Pimp and want to repaint the artwork on both sides of the head so they match in colors. Has anyone done this before? If so can you recommend paints to use that will match the colors of the lower cabinet at least close enough that they won't stand up as different from head to body? With the shelves in most home supply stores near empty of paint cans it's hard to go out and find the colors needed. The orange looks almost like a match to Chevy Engine paint competition orange. The yellow is a tough one. Thanks in advance for any help here.

#1238 2 years ago

Hey Paul, I found a color just yesterday that's almost a dead match for my yellow. It's a Krylon Safety Yellow.. and the orange red is very close to a chevy performance red/orange that I have in a testor's can.. Hope this helps someone else down the line.

4 months later
#1322 2 years ago

Just picked up my second Cyclone (I'm going to run one of them in my Bar/Restaurant). The new one is in great shape but as on my Pinbot some of the playfield inserts have risen up. So this must be a common problem, I think I read something somewhere about this. Is there a fix? I was thinking maybe warm them up and tap them down? Also on this one I'm just digging into it the right flipper is chattering bad. I just installed new coil sleeve, end stop and linkages.. I cleaned up and adjusted the points. The EOS is clean and even shorting it out manually did nothing to stop the chattering. I pulled the whole assembly and plan on rebuilding both points sets and replacing the cap and checking the diodes. Someone did have the wires reversed on the first set of points but not sure if they hurt, it didn't change anything when I reversed them to match right side. My question is can the driver fail and also contribute to this problem? or is it just a bad set of points that can't be cleaned well enough.

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

More like new points at the flipper buttons. If you rebuilt the flipper assembly and still have charter, look at the switches under the cabinet button. The power runs thru the button to the flipper on these games and I have seen where the either wore a groove in the pad, the contact was installed backwards, or the arcing was so bad it pitted and scored the pad so bad I’m surprised it worked at all.

Yes, will do that tomorrow. Just brought it home this afternoon so started on the flippers. I visually inspected the operation of flipper button contacts and without digging in they did look to be making and breaking with no major arcing or anything outwardly suspicious. But I do agree that anything can be going on. I've even seen where the contact on a point blade was spinning and loose so that the face of the point and all else looked good but it wouldn't make a good connection because the point and the blade weren't making.

How about the playfield insert question? anyone have any ideas? (don't want that to get lost in the thread..) Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patwoodraillvr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only?tu=patwoodraillvr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.