pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Cyclone -- one of the best System 11 games ever made.

Best clown in pinball.
Great theme.
Great music and sound effects.
Ronald and Nancy Reagan on the backglass.
Some of the best call-outs in pinball: "You spend your money, you take your chances" and, "Hey you with the face!"
A fun game WITHOUT multi-ball.
Challenging skill shot when set up correctly.

I wanted to start up a Cyclone club so that other Cyclone owners can share the usual love for the machine as well as: repairs tips, restoration tips, part requests, topper ideas, and upgrade suggestions...

RESOURCES
cyclone ramp: http://www.pinballinc.com/ramps/Cyclone%20Ramp%20for%20Cyclone.html
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/rules/rules.html

[x] add to your favorites

-mof

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Hey mof... you wouldn't want to part with that Space Shuttle (or Space Station) would you?

Unfortunately no, I don't have any rotation pins in my collection. I failed to plan for swapping pins out, with no room to expand.
-mof

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Cyclone is one of my 2 grail games. It is the first of 2 machines that got me interested in pinball. I was a kid in the early 80's and definitely part of the video generation. When I was in college, Cyclone was the first game that really clicked with me and got me interested. Whirlwind followed next in that location spot and cemented the deal (grail #2).

Same here, Cyclone and Whirlwind were two must-have college-year nostalgia games for me in setting up my collection. I was so happy to find two good examples.
-mof

#15 10 years ago

So... I'm new to Cyclone -- can someone help me understand why the [4x] flashes on game start? I presume I have mine set on "medium".

thanks!
-mof

#26 10 years ago

Good day for my Cyclone:

Longer "external shooter spring" arrived from Marco, along with a new black shooter rod and washer, E-clip and Tip.

Problem: Tip breaks off every time I raise the PF.
Solution: Get a longer shooter spring.

Problem solved! See the "before/after" shooter spring pics and how the tip is no longer protruding to get chopped off by the PF.

enjoy!
-mof

Cyclone_-_bigger_spring.jpgCyclone_-_bigger_spring.jpg Cyclone_-_Just_the_Tip.jpgCyclone_-_Just_the_Tip.jpg

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I'm in the habit of pulling back the plunger on my games before raising or lowering the pf. But I like the way you think.

Well, I have 8 machines and only 2 had this issue, and since I am not good at remembering $hit, I thought it would be good to future-proof this bugger from more tip-ripping... (ouch!)

-mof

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

So how does this affect the plunge skill shot?

Good question. It doesn't. What really does is the strength of the internal shooter spring. I put a weaker one on there so that my friends would have a chance in hell of hitting the skill shot. I played a Cyclone at the Alameda Pinball Museum, and they have a REALLY strong spring on there which makes it REALLY hard to get the skill shot, so some day, I'll go back and put the strong one back on there. I like to start out and make games more easy so my friends don't give up so quickly on 'em when they first arrive -- especially the skill shots -- I like to cater the spring to the game.
-mof

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from laryans:

Mine does the same thing - the 4x flashes. Not sure why.

I took the glass off and gave it a try. I fired a couple shots into the boomerang. It seems the flashing indicator has to do with how close you are to a free ball. Meanwhile a steady 2x stays held which represents your multiplier. I am Not sure if my ideas are correct or not -- I would like to hear from other Cyclone owners

#38 10 years ago

I really appreciate understanding that better now. Sounds like the flashing 4x is a target, so start up the game on medium, see 4x flashing, then 3 hits to boomerang = extra ball? You make that, then next game it might be at 5x flashing on start up... I'll check that out.

thanks!
-mof

#39 10 years ago

Protecting Cyclone Ramps !

Anyone have a tip on how they have protected a ramp? Might be the entrance, or a ball drop area? I have some cracks in my Cyclone ramp where the Comet ramp drops the ball in. I'd love to know a best way to stop those cracks from changing. I talked to Cliffy, and he suggested ripping one of his post protectors into 2 pieces, and put one on each side of the Dracula plastic. The net effect is a Cyclone ramp that absorbs the fall much better I think. It used to slam into the nut on that upper right post on the Dracula plastic.

I'll show a photo tonight of what I have set up. It's nice, but... it doesn't solve my problem of protecting cracks that I already have -- I wonder what's good for that...

On my Comet ramp entrance, I have the two pieces from Mantis Amusements, and only after adjusting the posts to full turn, was I then able to tighten the top screws well to hold them in place. I am not happy with the design of them. I wish they used Cliffy's strategy to always have TWO screw points to anchor it down and stop it from moving. I think it's better than nothing, but I have a lot of missed shots on my Comet ramp, and I never know if it's the new entrance from the Mantis metal, or it it's something about the switch on the ramp entrance. I need to set up a video camera so I can slow it down and watch the problem better. I'll do that soon.

(see pics)

enjoy!
-mof cyclone_ramp_cracks.jpgcyclone_ramp_cracks.jpg cliffy-absorbtion.jpgcliffy-absorbtion.jpg

#46 10 years ago

Finally after 8+ weeks of ownership, got to this on my list:
"Replace Duck Target Stickers"
Wow what a difference. Before they were white and ugly, now they look great especially in low lights.
I almost placed them on top of the old stickers, then thought... No way! I unscrewed each target and got ever sliver of old grief off of there with rubbing alcohol and a good thumbnail.
Case Closed.
Enjoy!
-mof

new_cyclone_ducks.jpgnew_cyclone_ducks.jpg

3 weeks later
#53 10 years ago

Problem. (SOLVED!)
"Advance Ferris Wheel" light works GREAT on left side. Every pop bumper shot seems to light it up.

My right side one doesn't work. Already replaced the bulb.

Any ideas? (Yeah, here's an idea: use an actual flasher 89 instead of a 63, nub !)

thanks!
-mof

1 week later
#56 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

What lamp number is it (pp39 in the manual)?
If it's only the one not working you have to look at the socket.
viperrwk

page40:
the one that works is: 01C
Adv Ferris Wheel Bonus #89 flasher
the one that doesn't work is: 02C

thanks!
-mof

1 week later
#58 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

If the teeth flasher in the backbox isn't working either I would suspect either Q25 or the flashlamp resistor on the resistor board in the cabinet. Have to go look at it to figure out which resistor. Too hard to figure out on the tablet.
viperrwk

Teeth flasher? Do you know when that is supposed to light up? Do you mean the front of the roller coaster car?

Do you know what measurement I should take where to test it?
-mof

#59 10 years ago

GOOD GRIEF !!!

It was all me... I was using a new 63 bulb instead of a 89 flasher... LOL !

nub!
-mof

1 week later
#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

So, the ferris wheel motor volume seems to be increasing over the last week of my ownership. Possibly because we're enjoying the heck out of it. Works fine but it is becoming a distraction. I see that new motors are readily available. If I buy a new one, should I replace immediately or wait until the old one burns out? Thanks! ~ Mycal

I hear you on that one, mine is rather loud as well. Would love to know how to quiet it all down and make it happier.
-mof

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

how many Cyclone owners have a full mylar on the playfield? Of those, anyone remove it? If so, how difficult and any issues?
Jesse

I'm full mylar up to the pops. I'm keeping it, since the artwork is perfect, and I'd rather not chance it. I am happy with the ball travel. It's smooth.
-mof

1 month later
#74 10 years ago

Next thing I'd like to tackle in my Cyclone is the lighting.

Here's my plan:

ALL incandescents with the exception of:
2x,3x,4x,5x,6x,7x = blue non ghosting (6)
bonus, hold = green non ghosting (2)
boomerang = blue non ghosting (1)
shoot again = red non ghosting (1)

I installed 'em, and it's... crazy awesome. They were too bright, so I grabbed a Sharpie, and drew a nice criss-cross pattern across the tops. This dropped the brightness about 15% to better match the incandescent bulbs.

I still would like to kill two line-of-sight design flaws with the game. Anyone have any good ideas for 'em ? I was thinking of installing a grey plastic square underneath the ferris wheel ramp. Another option is a flex LED, but I really don't want to mix LEDs in the GI.

Looking for ideas on how to kill the two line-of-sight (LOS)...

thanks!
-mof

201309_cyclone_10-LEDs.jpg201309_cyclone_10-LEDs.jpg 201309_cyclone_sodas_los.jpg201309_cyclone_sodas_los.jpg 201309_cyclone_boomerang_los.jpg201309_cyclone_boomerang_los.jpg

#75 10 years ago

Also decided it was time to install a shooter light. Since I went 95% incandescent for Cyclone, I decided to install it below the shooter rod, and not drill baby drill through steel. Took 15 minutes, but it's well worth it, since now I can play in low light, and see my skill shot precisely.

I taped the bulb into place so that I can experiment with the location of the bulb before screwing it in.

please enjoy
-mof

201309_cyclone_shooter1.jpg201309_cyclone_shooter1.jpg 201309_cyclone_shooter2.jpg201309_cyclone_shooter2.jpg

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

If you want to stay incandescent, you can use a bulb condom:
http://marcospec.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=silicone+lamp+cover
You could also try a different color LED - I'd go with a frosted cap one as that will minimize the hot spot.

I might try condoms at some point. Has anyone else done something cool to remedy these two LOS issues?

thanks!
-mof

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Ya, flippers are all brand new, whoever wired them before had a disaster of a mess, probably what caused some of the board issues i had. So i replaced most of the parts including the coils with the right ones.
They just seem really powerful for a pin that has so many short shots.

I agree that my Cyclone is a bit on the powerful side. It feels really good overall to me. I think it's important to protect the front of the Cyclone ramp and find a way to minimize wear on the ball drop from Cyclone->Comet ramp.

-mof

#93 10 years ago

My ball sticks coming out of the ferris wheel 1/4 times and goes around 2 times. Has anyone solved this? I have an extra band ready in case that's part of the fix. I bought it just as a backup plan in case some day it's slipping on the motor with the original band.

thanks!
-mof

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from msarac:

Mine did this when I first brought it home, and 75% of the time the ball would actually jam the wheel on the trip back up. I tried a new playfield rubber as a replacement and still had the problem, even after adjusting everything. I then put on an actual drive belt it hasn't happened once in hundreds of games. Well worth the $6.50!
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-CY03-8145

Ok will try mine then. Any tips on replacing it? Is it easy?
-mof

#105 10 years ago

Cyclone topper?
What the heck is that 1 foot clown head piece of plastic supposed to be for in a CPR set?
-mof

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Yep. (From the CPR website):
Williams CYCLONE
Reproduction Plastics Set with Topper & Promos
Artwork by Mike Lorrain, CPR Art Team
25-piece set, genuine 10-color ink-silkscreened on laser cut PETG. Includes clears, double Spook House plastics, two rare promo pieces, a custom key fob, and huge topper piece. Vivid colors and brand new, perfect replacement for scratched, yellowed, broken, or incomplete Cyclone plastics sets. Protective coatings unpeeled.
viperrwk

Sure, but um... has anyone actually used it as a topper? How in the world would you display it, (assuming you wanted to)
-mof

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

We have a winner ...

Can I ask for a few close ups of the stand for it?
I have the plastic but no stand.
=/
-mof

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Sure, Home Depot has the L brackets, screws, washers and hex nuts. If you decide to mount it, I suggest you position it to the rear of the back box as to not see the hardware. I assume CPR did not include the hardware due to it might damage some of the plastic set.

Any tricks to popping the holes? I'd hate to break it apart.
-mof

2 months later
#127 10 years ago

I'm struggling with the outlanes in Cyclone. They destroy me like no other machine I have.

Has anyone tweaked theirs to make them slightly more forgiving?

Is there some skill I'm missing to make those things less auto-drain?

thanks!
-mof

#133 10 years ago

Trying my hand at a ferris wheel rubber replacement, pray for me !
-mof

8:30pm starting...

201312-cyc-ferris-1.jpg201312-cyc-ferris-1.jpg

9:00pm ferris wheel out, cleaning the heck out of it... Oh crap, this 30 minute experiment is going to turn into 3 hours, no doubt, I'll be cleaning everything... haha.

201312-cyc-ferris-clean-wheel.jpg201312-cyc-ferris-clean-wheel.jpg

#134 10 years ago

Just finished... (2 hours total, no biggie at all)

New Ferris Wheel Rubber installed, and 0 fail transfers of the ball = no need whatsoever to install that hack. It's true, use a good clear hard rubber, and the wheel just flies around. I think that extra velocity means the ball never sticks to the wheel.

Also...

I added condoms to the two incandescent bulbs that were Line of Sight, and now, it just adds to the overall colorful look. I am really happy with it.

-mof

Under looks clean now !
201312-cyc-ferris-under.jpg201312-cyc-ferris-under.jpg

All and all much nicer... Finished !
201312-cyc-ferris-finished.jpg201312-cyc-ferris-finished.jpg

#135 10 years ago

I'm feeling very good about the overall approach to an outdoor carnival scene, which in my opinion MUST be all incandescent. Just used LEDs under the 10 green/red/blue inserts in the lower PF, and used 4 bulb condoms to remedy the poor line of sight design on 4 bulbs. All fixed ! (left the rest 44s, and then 47s in the backglass to keep the heat down.)

I now have bulb condoms on the three trouble spots:

Yellow left, Blue right, Green top left in the "tree" area.

Check it !

Blue right
201312-cyc-LOS1.jpg201312-cyc-LOS1.jpg
Yellow left
201312-cyc-LOS2.jpg201312-cyc-LOS2.jpg
Green up top
201312-cyc-LOS3-4.jpg201312-cyc-LOS3-4.jpg
Finished !
201312-cyc-LOS-4condoms.jpg201312-cyc-LOS-4condoms.jpg

#137 10 years ago

What drives up the jackpot in Cyclone?
-mof

#138 10 years ago

By playing hours and hours of Cyclone, my pinball skills have just gone up 20%... I can't believe I almost put this thing on the chopping block out of frustration. It forces you to become an aim-master AND a ball control-master. Wow... Never again judge a game without FRESH rubbers to allow for more ball control. I learned my lesson !
Not to mention Treasure Coving the mylar, and waxing the unmylared areas... This thing is playing like it should now...
-mof

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I picked up my Cyclone here just in the past couple months and just now have it back together, so havn't played too much. My biggest gripe so far is the boomerang. Are they supposed to be so darn loud when ejecting the ball?

No. Mine is rather quiet. Let us know what you find when you look into it.
-mof

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Don't know if anyone has posted any info on this either, but calibrating the Mystery Wheel. Sometimes it's on, sometimes it's off. And sometimes before it even says "round and round she goes" , it already has decided want your reward is, and I forget what shows up on the display, but it doesn't seem normal. Just curious what other problems people have with this and what general maintenance is typical to keep them working as they should.

Mine does this too. It works for a while, then doesn't and it puts what appears to be "1"s across the display before displaying a score. Then it corrects itself and works fine for a while. At least it doesn't affect game play...
-mof

#146 10 years ago

Did an apron clean out + solenoid cleaning. Wow. Trough ball feed pops the ball LOUDLY into the shooter lane now. Worth it !!!
=)
-mof

Before and After

201312-cyclone-apron-cleanout.jpg201312-cyclone-apron-cleanout.jpg
201312-cyclone-apron-after.jpg201312-cyclone-apron-after.jpg

#147 10 years ago

Has anyone tried adding a lamp socket to:

1. drac hole?
2. boomerang?
3. cut through ball trough to light up the clown?

Thinking about what to try next...

-mof

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I'm doing the lighted flipper buttons, you could do that next?

thanks...

My goal is to brighten up the playfield a little... looking for a few spots to add light/color.
-mof

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Since this is one of the few games if not the only one with red posts on the left side and blue posts on the right side of the playfield, I added some blue on the right and red on the left and threw in some nice green up top around and near the ferris wheel. Definitely add LEDS in the backbox, makes a big difference IMO.

I think I'll try adding a red LED to the drac hole. I did it on Taxi, and it looks good. I'm not sure where to position it on Cyclone -- too bad I don't have any flex reds.

-mof

#153 10 years ago

I tried red in the Drac Hole, then I realized there's a lot of red around that area, and the blue pops so nicely in the 2x-7x zone, so I went with blue, and I think it's a keeper. Now to find a nice place to mount it.
-mof

201312-cyclone-blue-drac-hole.jpg201312-cyclone-blue-drac-hole.jpg

#156 10 years ago

My mystery wheel is fixed afaik... Dirty opto.

Just removed it in 30 seconds, and used a dry Qtip first, then another with a dash of 90% on there and then followed with a dry one. Seems like we are good.

5 minute fix. Went weeks with an easy to fix problem... sigh!

-mof

#157 10 years ago

Just achieved my best HS ever. 14 hours of TLC and the reward is nice ! Been consistently getting about 4mil a game (near replays) with an occasional 6-8mil. I have my game on 5-ball, and so don't compare my score to yours if you are on 3-ball, I still have the training wheels on ! Just hit 10mil. First time ever...

It never occurred to me how odd it is to have a 7-digit display in a game where scoring 10million (2x the replay) shouldn't be too uncommon of an occurrence.

-mof

201401-cyclone-mof-HS-10068280.jpg201401-cyclone-mof-HS-10068280.jpg

#159 10 years ago

On 5-ball it's factory afaik: 4,200,000 and 8,400,000.
-mof

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from Toddzilla:

Many times it's a dirty opto. Also make sure the allen screw where the wheel attaches to the motor shaft is tight. Not too tight though, the plastic will crack.

Yeah, I spoke too soon, it's acting funny again. I get errors in test mode...

Err9 H 256

Sometimes it gets it right.

When it gets the 256 error, the wheel fails to come to a rest, the musical tones go "doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, ... doooooooooooooo" and hold while still spinning.

When it works right, it just makes the tones and stops promptly (in test mode).

-mof

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Toddzilla:

Many times it's a dirty opto. Also make sure the allen screw where the wheel attaches to the motor shaft is tight. Not too tight though, the plastic will crack.

Where is this attachment? Just looked don't see it.
-mof

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Toddzilla:

It's between the board and the steel plate behind the wheel. You'll need to remove the 4 screws that attaches the plate/wheel assembly to the head's door and pull the whole assembly out. It's almost impossible to see but it's there. If it's slipping, it'll cause problems. Just make sure it's snug and don't gorilla torque it, that rascal will crack!

ty
mof

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Toddzilla:

It's between the board and the steel plate behind the wheel. You'll need to remove the 4 screws that attaches the plate/wheel assembly to the head's door and pull the whole assembly out. It's almost impossible to see but it's there. If it's slipping, it'll cause problems. Just make sure it's snug and don't gorilla torque it, that rascal will crack!

I tried removing the 4 screws, but didn't see clearly how to then remove the gears.
One thing I am aware of is now the wheel has a hair less drag on it... but it's still erring out during test.
-mof

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Toddzilla:

Sounds like you removed the screws to the back of the motor? I was referring to the ones attaching the whole assembly to the door pictured below. Sorry for the confusion. You can see the allen screw in the second pic.

DSC00952.jpg 65 KB
DSC00954.jpg 48 KB

Ha, oh well, the field trip turned out the be a 1 hour time suck and frustrating, but at least I've done it ! haha

ty for the pics!

Ya, I don't think I have an allen wrench long enough to make it. Will figure that out another day.
-mof

#174 10 years ago

Dang, other than the mystery wheel, this Cyclone is playing great... Got the GI problem licked with the new connector. Now I'm wondering about removing the mylar...

Has anyone tried doing a mylar remove on their Cyclone? I've never done one. I have a few weird creases in the mylar on this guy... Would sure hate to hurt any of the perfect paint job on this guy...

-mof

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

CPR still has silver and bronze grade playfields in stock. Planetary still has gold class playfields. If you think Cyclone is a keeper and you want a nice playfield I would buy it now even if you don't install it now as when its gone, it's usually gone forever.
viperrwk

How do we know it's a gold at Planet?
-mof

#188 10 years ago

Good point. I would like to know the same thing. My guess is between 50-100 hours. I can't think about following through with my first swap, until I figure out a rotisserie and a tumbler solution.

-mof

2 weeks later
#193 10 years ago

I'm thinking of going the same route, but doing a CPR restore would be months away for me. Hope you take 900+ pictures as you go, for those of us thinking about doing the same. As for the blue plastic, wish I had info to help out.
-mof

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

lol. PM me- i have an extra one i'll send you.

Life on Pinside is good!

Anyone else missing any other hard to find parts?
-mof

#222 10 years ago

Sometimes you get a game that makes you better. The last game I put 8 hours of play into, to up my skills was Cyclone played over Christmas break.

I got a Black Hole two weeks ago, tuned it up for 30 hours like a maniac, and put in 4 hours of play over the weekend...

I walk by Cyclone and it calls to me. I turn it on tonight and realize I haven't turned it on in 3 weeks. No warm up.

Nailed a new high score.

5-ball, 11,310,650

Sweet !
-mof

20140127_162137.jpg20140127_162137.jpg

2 months later
#254 10 years ago

Easy Player Question:
What are the best/worst things to target when in 2x scoring mode?
-mof

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from ahock13:

Best = Most accessible * highest value. Therefore Ferris Wheel bonus. Cumulative Comet shots are a close second.
Worst? Well hard to say that 2x anything is a bad thing but, were I to take your question really technically, I'd probably say that trying to score the Jackpot bonus while in 2x mode is extremely difficult due to the time constraint.

Are there any shots that are not affected by the 2x?
-mof

7 months later
#283 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Ok Cyclone owners, help me out. What activates the "spin mystery wheel" lamp in front of the spookhouse? My lamp works, but won't activate and the drop target stays down and will not reset. So i also get no " won't you come in". Just trying to remember what lights that lamp to enter, and why the target doesn’t reset. Otherwise the wheel spins, scores etc.. anyone?

I'll post a few ideas in your Cyclone thread. It's never a good idea to troubleshoot in a club thread...
-mof

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from ahock13:

Mof, can you clarify your comment. This is the kind of stuff that I read this forum for!

Oh, it's just that the best way to get help is to make a separate thread in "Tech" whenever your need assistance, and more people with chime in with help. Use THIS thread to alert other Cyclone owners to look at THAT thread.

Does that make more sense?
(I don't just want Cyclone owners' help, when I'm in a jam)
(Also -- it's messy to put your personal fixit thread in this big club thread for quick questions and answers to general Cyclone stuff.)

-mof

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from ahock13:

Got it, that makes sense. So when you said "I'll post a few ideas in your Cyclone thread," what do you mean? What's the easiest/quickest way to locate the related thread in tech?

The dude has had his own Cyclone tech-help thread up and running for a while...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-tech-help
-mof

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Just thought maybe someone here has had a similar problem. Didn't think it would be an issue. Now worries, it's all good.

Def not an "issue" I just want you and others to get the best help possible. Isolated threads for that work best.
-mof

4 months later
#306 9 years ago

Fuse F1 for the aux driver board -- cyclone manual says 2A SB, other internet sources show this is 5A SB on other 11B games. I believe it's 25v to the slingshot solenoids.

-mof

9 months later
#316 8 years ago

After 3 years of ownership, I think my Cyclone deserves a shop job! Can't wait to get dirty...
-mof

7 months later
#388 7 years ago

1. I wonder why there's no way to know what your ferris wheel bonus is while you build it up. You can hold right flipper and wait 20 seconds, but sheesh...

2. Anyone know how the end of ball bonus works? Seems REALLY small in this game. I played with glass off, and found out each set of 3 targets lights Bonus and Hold -- but not sure what completing 1 means versus 2...

Anyone know the rules REALLY well and care to chime in?

-mof

#389 7 years ago

bump for Cyclone rule-master to speak up.
-mof

4 weeks later
#399 7 years ago

I gotta straighten out my monorail plastic. Looks good!
-mof

4 months later
#455 7 years ago

LEDs do look nice and bright...

But It's funny how a super well-lit LED'd Cyclone actually looks less like an amusement park to me... it's just not the way I remember them -- my brain very much prefers dark spots, and natural lighting -- incannies -- to really capture this theme...

The total brightness reminds me more of modern indoor settings -- like leaving every light on in a Target or something.

-mof

6 months later
#485 6 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

Joining the club

From here, looks HUO!
Crisp head corners
Bright white PF
-mof

6 months later
1 week later
#551 6 years ago

Anyone need a clear plastic to protect the drac plastic?

Just saw this:

ebay.com link: itm

8 months later
#711 5 years ago

It was fun being in the Cyclone club for 5 good years.
I felt I had to move on -- to bring in a lovely pinbot to keep me company -- made by nearly the same design team. =)
-mof

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.