pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#765 5 years ago

Hello all!! Just became part of the club as I grabbed a cyclone yesterday. Been looking for a decent priced machine for a couple years now and finally found one. I love this game!!

Quick question... I'm on the hunt for a paper copy of the manual, not the parts book, the main book. Anyone got one out there they might sell? Thank you and game on!!

1 month later
#779 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I know it was used on several games. Just need the decal if you get one. I think even Marco had them.

Go to redbubble and order the medium sized sticker. Very nice repro and it's like 10 bucks

1 year later
#880 3 years ago

Can a fellow Cyclone owner out there give me a pic or two of their backbox relay? I have a stray green wire hanging and I’m guessing it goes in the connector with the other green but just want to make sure... thank you.

8C5E5BB3-A3F6-4DF3-8C64-423244B2DF24 (resized).jpeg8C5E5BB3-A3F6-4DF3-8C64-423244B2DF24 (resized).jpeg0BDE8792-7A94-4882-9DFA-4D81F923B7CE (resized).jpeg0BDE8792-7A94-4882-9DFA-4D81F923B7CE (resized).jpeg
#882 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Here ya go. Mine looking a little toasty...
[quoted image]

Thank you... yeah that wire looks crispy!! Take care

3 months later
#900 3 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Does anyone have any used plastics? Specially looking for the ones around the Ferris wheel
Thanks

Yes

4 weeks later
#957 3 years ago

So, to change things up a bit.... how about those flags? Who produced the “extra” ones and is there a way to get those made for those owners that are missing the extra flags?

1 month later
#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks for the flag info. I think I have 16 out of the 17. Figured I was missing more than that since my sheet starts at #8 (see post above). I can clean up that page and scan them if anybody would like a copy.
Now should we move on to the left monorail vs. right monorail debate? Left monorail rules!!!

I would love to have a copy of you still have it. Thank you

#1039 3 years ago

I was wondering if someone could send me a couple pics of the connecting wires going to the flash lamp resistor board inside the game. I’m finally getting around to hooking it all up and I don’t have a pic of them before I took them apart. Thank you

4 weeks later
#1076 3 years ago

Fuse questions....
on the aux power driver bd, F2A and F2C aren’t used, correct?

Also, in the picture I attached, why would the previous owner disconnect the 8 amp on the wall? And I’m assuming the two blue wires hooked together laying there are supposed to be attached to that holder.

I’m installing Xpin boards and want to fix things that I’m running into along the way.

C21A4DB3-6403-45DB-B688-24568D3B8FD4 (resized).jpegC21A4DB3-6403-45DB-B688-24568D3B8FD4 (resized).jpeg
#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Can you post a pic of your aux driver board? Also I would put that fuse back in line on those 2 blue wires.

Yeah, I’m going to get that in line fuse hooked up. I got clarification on the aux board fuse situation.

I just love finding interesting vendor “hacks” on the old games....

8 months later
#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Is this an actual Cyclone part? I didn't see it on my game...
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6644

No. Not for the Williams Cyclone, at least.

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Lighted flippers in!
[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks cool, but how does it play? It seems like it would be more distracting then if they weren’t lit up. Curious…..

2 weeks later
#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Budnik74:

Anyone know where i can buy a playfield? My cyclone needs a new playfield and so far i cannot find one instock.

Hoping they make a hardtop for this title, honestly. The new ones are pretty much sold out, and it doesn’t sound like classic playfield is going to make anymore…☹️

6 months later
#1362 1 year ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

So I am dumb. I was replacing my Cyclone ramp sloppily with a new one and ended up doing so without turning the power to the game off. I didn't think the replacement of the ramp would require anything electrical, neglecting to consider the blue flasher at the top right of the machine. As I pulled the ramp up, blue flasher wires make contact with siderail, spark, and blue flasher doesn't work. At first I hoped all I had done was fried the flasher, but upon firing the game up I have new error with center drop target switch, and the ball does not launch to the shooter lane.
Does someone smarter than I know what I likely did to the machine and what I should consider starting with? I believe the two problems to be caused by this same spark....
And yes I know, I always turn my games off when working. I have no idea why I didn't in this circumstance.

Sounds like you might want to do some research on switch matrix issues and how to fix them.

2 months later
#1404 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I plan on starting a full restore on a Cyclone in a couple of months. It will get LEDs, new rubbers, and either a hardtop or new playfield. What MODs are there for this game and which do you recommend? Thanks!

When I restored mine I did repainted my Ferris wheel and gave it some metal flake. Redid the ramp in a nice deep blue also….

11F90DA8-DB10-4771-B3C0-F1F27AF2ED55 (resized).jpeg11F90DA8-DB10-4771-B3C0-F1F27AF2ED55 (resized).jpegCF83673E-AC23-4733-B2F0-FF6D1D2EEC52 (resized).jpegCF83673E-AC23-4733-B2F0-FF6D1D2EEC52 (resized).jpegE7F6DF76-4929-409F-9F96-7116A3D16017 (resized).jpegE7F6DF76-4929-409F-9F96-7116A3D16017 (resized).jpeg
#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I love the metal flake. And that clear plastic ramp looks amazing too. Did you polish it somehow? I've tried using the stuff they recommend for car headlight covers but it doesn't seem to have done much.

Those ramps are brand new, no flame polishing required.

5 months later
#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks for the prompt and helpful replies from PDX_Pinball and Xenon75 as well as the PMs from another pinsider. I will try CPR as well, just in case. As much as a PF swap intimidates me, I have done those before, and because of the insert damage I'm thinking the hard top might not be any easier or achieve the results I want.

I’ve done a playfield swap on my cyclone and it’s actually pretty easy. Take lots of pictures and when you think you’ve taken enough, take a lot more from every angle.

Trust me.

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks for the encouragement. That is now my plan--I just have to find a repro playfield. I also have a rotisserie, so that helps as well. The new element to me is dealing with the stapled-down braiding, but there isn't too much of that.

I bought a cheap pneumatic, staple gun in the correct size staples, and just followed the lines under the playfield. I used a existing playfield, not NOS, but way better then the one in my game.

I have the original I took out of it and was going to sand it and install a hard top on it and sell it that way since I didn’t need two….I bought all new inserts to put in it also. Just another project on the back burner….

That swap is easy though. It was my second swap I’ve done.

1 week later
#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I like the ferris wheel but mine had broken pins and was pretty dull and scratched. I wanted to paint it a candy apple red with glitter to really make it look fancy but I was worried any future owners might want the original so I created a replacement ferris wheel and 3d printed it, then painted the replacement.
It looked great but the clear plastic side seemed a bit unimaginative so I whipped up a graphic using struts from a ferris wheel and stuck it onto the plastic. Now to put on the replacement stickers and it is done!
3d print file on thingverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5763124
its just a little bit bigger than the original as I was reading in this thread about how the ball sometimes doesn't come out when its supposed to.
[quoted image]

Nice job on the Ferris wheel!!

During Covid lockdown, I did my playfield swap and decided to do 2 coats of red, coat of metal flake, and 2 coats of clear on my wheel. Also decided to paint the ramp blue. Really pops!!

1F7F0172-D592-4BD6-ADD2-1A1CB22F0E83 (resized).jpeg1F7F0172-D592-4BD6-ADD2-1A1CB22F0E83 (resized).jpeg7968863A-4CDE-435A-AB1B-065A543DF911 (resized).jpeg7968863A-4CDE-435A-AB1B-065A543DF911 (resized).jpeg7F04D5A0-255D-4B60-B673-D137C9BE8985 (resized).jpeg7F04D5A0-255D-4B60-B673-D137C9BE8985 (resized).jpegA985F4B1-C35B-4AF1-BE4D-D572F10F1778 (resized).jpegA985F4B1-C35B-4AF1-BE4D-D572F10F1778 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#1555 10 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

My new to me Cyclone came with displays not working well. I knew this and it was factored into the purchase price.
They seem to come to life after the game has been on for a while.
Top left display is on right away although dim at first and with some segments missing.
Next display to come on is the lower left one. It comes on after 1-2 minutes of turning the game on and is again, weak on some segments and missing for others. This display eventually comes back fully with all segments bright and working.
Third display to come back to life is top right and it comes back dim and some of it stays that way. The last three or so characters stay dim or not there at all. This is all after about 45 minutes of having the game powered on.
Last to come back to life is the lower right display. Say around the 1 1/2 to 2 hour mark. It eventually comes back mostly complete, although a bit dim.
So, my displays aren't working well. Is there anything I shiould be trying on the power board or the fuses or connectors to improve this? I can measure voltages to confirm things with a little guidance. Or are these displays simply toast and a new set of displays is going to be required?

I have an aftermarket board for this if you are interested…I put a Xpin board in so I no longer need this one. It works fine and eliminates those old, tired scoreboards. PM me if you are interested. I can send you pics.

#1566 10 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Yes, please do. Send pics that is, or more details. Still weighing my options of whether to tackle the high voltage power supply issues or get new displays that don't use the high voltage power supply.

Everything works fine, Orange displays

IMG_0784 (resized).jpegIMG_0784 (resized).jpegIMG_0785 (resized).jpegIMG_0785 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1570 9 months ago

Anyone out there have an extra wire ramp they are willing to sell?

#1581 9 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Does anyone have a source for the airball deflector plastic piece to go across the Spook House drop target? Are they for sale somewhere or were these only custom made? I'd love to get one for my game as a direct hit to the drop target almost always careens up into the glass and scares the sh!t out of me every time!

The guy I bought two off of doesn’t seem to have his website any longer. You can make your own though. Buy some lexan and use a dremmel to shape it

#1585 9 months ago
Quoted from justler:

Anyone have pics of the mpu board decently close up so I can see the color of wires and connectors to make sure mine are in the right place?
Could also use a pic of the board mounted to the left side of the backbox (not sound board) and the one below the power supply? I think I have the right locations. But just want to check!
Here’s what I have so far.
[quoted image]

Do you have a manual?

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=617

There’s a digital copy on there

3 weeks later
#1614 8 months ago

Just putting this up in the club before I post it to the general public. Orange pinscore displays, work great and are like new. I had them in my game for about a year (it was off most of the time as I moved across the country). I upgraded to white version so I could do something a little different with my displays. They sell for 300 brand new. I’d be willing to part with it for 200 plus shipping

IMG_0989 (resized).jpegIMG_0989 (resized).jpegIMG_0990 (resized).jpegIMG_0990 (resized).jpegIMG_0991 (resized).jpegIMG_0991 (resized).jpeg
#1616 8 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Has anyone here bought the replacement ramp set from Starship Fantasy for Cyclone? Could you share some photos? Starship doesn't have photos up for these ramps and I would like to see for myself exactly which brackets and decals and whatnot come with them. This would be for the Cyclone ramp, the Comet ramp, the ferris wheel return ramp as well as the subway underneath. Thanks.

I put them on my game when I shopped it out and I believe they come with the needed decals. The fit was good.
IMG_1453 (resized).jpegIMG_1453 (resized).jpegIMG_1454 (resized).jpegIMG_1454 (resized).jpegIMG_1475 (resized).jpegIMG_1475 (resized).jpegIMG_1476 (resized).jpegIMG_1476 (resized).jpegIMG_1477 (resized).jpegIMG_1477 (resized).jpegIMG_1478 (resized).jpegIMG_1478 (resized).jpeg

You have to do some riveting of parts from the old ramps onto the new ones though. I remember that part.

#1619 8 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Thanks for posting the photos. They do look great.
The riveting is the main thing I am concerned about. I had thought that all riveted brackets came new with the replacement ramps and that you would not need to reuse anything off your old ones. The two obvious ones above the flipper inlanes on both return ramps plus the flaps at the entrances to the Cyclone and Comet ramps. It is not clear to me whether the bracket that is riveted to the top of the ferris wheel return ramp would come new with the replacement ramp or whether you had to reuse your old one? This is the one which screws down the top of that ramp to the playfield and which the ball falls out onto when leaving the ferris wheel.

The riveted parts you had to reuse are the metal ones at the ball drop sections

3 weeks later
#1648 7 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I couldn’t find those parts on Marco, that’s part of why I asked. Do you see them there, in stock? Send the link please if you do.

https://troxelrepair.com/product/williams-buttons/

#1650 7 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Great. Thanks for the link. I messaged him through the website as it won't let me select an address outside of the US for shipping.

If he can’t do international, I have one that I never used I might be able to sell you. I thought I needed it on my Pinbot but I didn’t.

2 weeks later
#1657 7 months ago

I don’t think there’s a metal diverter there.

IMG_1278 (resized).jpegIMG_1278 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1718 6 months ago
Quoted from steve8091:

I printed prototypes of the Ferris wheel ramp stickers, to add some color to the left side of the machine. I made them separate pieces as a mock-up because I was able to do it for almost no cost, but the full design would be a single piece. I am pretty pleased with the result. Cheers!
[quoted image]

This look good…nice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metalkatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only?tu=metalkatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.