pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 6.49.57 PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 7.27.29 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 10 years ago

Now that i'm in the club, i have a question.
Hopefully not a dumb one.

When i goto a site to buy more duck decals (mine are seriously worn down), they also have rabbits.

I figured that was for the other side, but those targets on my cyclone have cats on them, and when i trigger them, they make a meow sounds, so i assume the rabbits don't go there.

Where do the rabbits go? Do they make repro's of the cats? Mine aren't worn too badly, but seems pinball suppliers wack you on shipping, so i'd rather order everything at once.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

Cool. I hadn't noticed that.
You can also find them on ebay (8 available): Ebay link
$6.50 + 2.25 shipping = $8.75 vs $13.75 total from little shop of games
jcar302: Congrats on the Cyclone purchase! I don't have much repair experience to offer but its great that viperrwk is sharing his knowledge. I hope that you're flippin' at full strength soon. PS I grew up in Brick, NJ. Noticed that you're in Jackson. Did you play Cyclone at Great Adventure, Point Pleasant and Seaside as a youth, like I did?

Ya, viper has been great, i'm getting some good lessons in trouble shooting that should apply to most system 11 games (my favorites), so what i learn will help with future purchases (already have high speed)

I grew up playing cyclone and midway demolition derby (i own one) in long branch, i always lived in jackson, but my grandfather lived on the ocean in long branch, unfortunately that pier met the same fate as half of seaside, fire.
I worked in Great adventure for 7 years as a kid, partied like a rock star in seaside through my 20's and now use pt pleasant for causual boardwalk trips. My wife (34) is from bricktucky (boy does that comment piss her off, lol). I do a fair amount of work over there too. Small world.

On another note, i've still yet to find the ducks for any reasonable shipping amount.
If i go little shop, they want $9 to ship one set of ducks and cats. $9? I've had brake rotors shipped to my house for less than that.

The cats on ebay are a fair price, but i need the ducks alot more.
For the record, i'm not cheap, i just think shipping a .10 lb envelope shouldn't cost $9.

#83 10 years ago

We goto asbury now and then too. When she moved to jackson, i agreed we could goto the ocean often, so...

I swapped in my spare 11a board and cyclone is all good to go. I'll send the original out to be fixed.
Put in some new rubber, ramp protectors too.

I can see how the ramps get all busted up, with fresh flippers the ball flys out of the playfield with ease, even jumped off the center ramp and over it to the top of the playfield.

Any suggestions for lighting up the playfield better? Not sure i'm ready to drop 2 bills on led's yet,

But the general lighting which all works, seems pretty dim. Definitely not playing real well in the dark.

#86 10 years ago

Well, i ordered the coin take GI kit for the time being so that i can finish changing out the rest of the rubber, didn't want to take it all apart just to have to do it again immediately for bulbs.

After letting a few people play cyclone, people seem to like it alot better than the high speed i have.
I'm starting to understand the "flow" comments people make about pinball, you get in a groove with cyclone and you can really ring up some points.

Just seems like such a violent game compared to my high speed. I really do see how so many of these are beat to death. The ball smashes off of so many things at full power.

That poor spook house guy, not sure how he still works, ball hits him then something else (many times the glass) so hard every time.

I even had the ball go up the right side and loop around and get stuck under the rubber between the ferris wheel and pop bumpers (all the way to the top).

This game is much more fun than i remember it to be, then again that was over 20 years ago and i had to pay to play it.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

Same at my house... for non-pinheads that is. HS is too difficult for them.

Have you checked to make sure the correct flipper coils are installed?

Ya, flippers are all brand new, whoever wired them before had a disaster of a mess, probably what caused some of the board issues i had. So i replaced most of the parts including the coils with the right ones.

They just seem really powerful for a pin that has so many short shots.

#92 10 years ago

I noticed today the bezel is missing from my coin door return. Not sure what it even looks like. Is there a place i can get one?

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

My ball sticks coming out of the ferris wheel 1/4 times and goes around 2 times. Has anyone solved this? I have an extra band ready in case that's part of the fix. I bought it just as a backup plan in case some day it's slipping on the motor with the original band.
thanks!
-mof

About the only thing that could be is that the ferris wheels is deformed a little bit and the ball is wedged in there.

One of the sites has new ferris wheels in red and blue. Did they even come with blue when new? I like blue better than red and have been thinking of swapping it out.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

The blue Ferris wheel is for Hurricane.
If the Ferris wheel doesn't deliver the ball smoothly to the ramp it could stay in and go around again. Check the belt, mount, hub and side plastic.
viperrwk

Does the blue one fit just the same?

#101 10 years ago

Well, put my cyclone next to my led'ed high speed and boy did the lighting look bland. I installed cointakers kit for the GI, that made it much better, but i will certainly be at least getting the set for under the playfield. With that said, i really have no clue where all the bulbs they gave me were supposed to go. I put the blues under the blue playfied plastics, green, orange etc... But i had like 15 white bulbs left over. None were wedges, so that eliminated most of the places i could put them. Just stuck them in the back box.

Also cleaned a few dirty spots on the playfield while i was changing the rubber out. Much more time consuming on a cyclone than high speed.

Fiddled with ferris wheel to see what you guys are talking about and i can't for the life of me see how the ball could get stuck in it unless it was seriously bend up. I'm not sure i could get the back stuck in there if i tried.

BTW, do not drop any playfield rubber in the spook house, real PITA to get out.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Mof, If your experiencing the ball not coming out of the ferris wheel onto the ramp but loops around, Jeff Z's Cyclone repair page has the fix about 1/2 way down. I had the same problem a while back, his remedy for the problem worked out perfect. Check it out:
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/repair/repair.html
Terrific resource, Good Luck!

Now i see what you guys are talking about, it's not getting stuck in the wheel, it's just not rolling out properly.

Man, can't wait to get replacement ramps after seeing those perfectly clear ones on that link.

1 month later
#114 10 years ago

Hey guys, found these yesterday.
Really good deal considering i paid $14 shipped for the ducks alone last month.

Must have more than one set, because i purchased already.
It has the ducks, cats and the spook house guy for $12 shipped total.

ebay.com link: Cyclone Pinball Target Stickers

BTW, put a few leds under my playfield. Would have said "all", but instead of buying a kit, i purchased my own, which i am clearly not qualified to do, didn't realize some are bayonet some are wedge. I got all wedges. It's ok, i will put the rest in the backboard.

I did however forget the circle/octagon multiplier lights right in the middle. Should i assume they should all be blue?

Also, the whites look sooooo much better with leds. I'd say the doing the white bulbs are a must.

Thanks,
Joe

1 month later
#130 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm struggling with the outlanes in Cyclone. They destroy me like no other machine I have.
Has anyone tweaked theirs to make them slightly more forgiving?
Is there some skill I'm missing to make those things less auto-drain?
thanks!
-mof

I agree, i find that i have too many plays where i never even get to hit the ball a single time. I'm getting tired of worrying every time that i hit the ball into the upper part of the playfield that i really have no control over what happens next.

Freddy, thanks for the pics, i got a couple sets back a month or two now.

2 years later
#426 7 years ago

Hey guys, I just picked up another cyclone.
Odd thing is, this one the mystery wheel is a real wheel that spins.
My other one is just light bulbs that give the illusion that it spins.

I'm curious on the history of this change.
Which one is more collectable?
Advantages of either one?
I'd have to guess the bulbs only wheel is more reliable.
Is there different roms for one?
Thanks,
Joe

5 years later
#1436 1 year ago

This might be an odd question, but i'll ask anyway.
I will most likely be bringing my cyclone home from my parents house and swapping it out with game show for my father.

It's a reimport i've had for a pretty long time.

So, the wheel is not real. It's more a light show.
The decal is on the glass. Had me fooled until i had 2 cyclones at the same time and i was troubleshooting one using the other and had the glass out of both.

Now that the stepper board, motor and wheel can be purchased, could i retrofit the real wheel in?
Rom change?
The reality is that the fake wheel is most likely less troublesome, but i'm curious anyway.

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I would assume it to be an easy swap. Even if there are board issues on that "solenoid" (drives from a sol line), it should be an easy fix. You could test the line before hand with a probe.

Thanks, when i bring it home, i might give it a try.

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

There are pictures of this on IPDB claiming it's the Japanese export version. I'd keep it as is and have something unique. There can't be that many of them.

I've had that thought as well.
No matter what i did, i was never going to permanently alter it.

The reality is that it's just an idea at this point.
Who knows, i may not keep it that long after i shop it out again.

When i get it here (my parents only live a couple miles away), i'll take some pics so everyone can see what it looks like.
Because i remember the first time i noticed it, i was seriously confused.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rutledge, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only?tu=jcar302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.