pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazc4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1399 1 year ago

I plan on starting a full restore on a Cyclone in a couple of months. It will get LEDs, new rubbers, and either a hardtop or new playfield. What MODs are there for this game and which do you recommend? Thanks!

#1401 1 year ago

Thanks! I have some Lexan. I also have the tools to cut and polish it at my work. I look forward to getting started on the restoration. I want to make it a one of a kind, HEP type Cyclone. I'll post here in a couple of months when I get started on it.

#1405 1 year ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

When I restored mine I did repainted my Ferris wheel and gave it some metal flake. Redid the ramp in a nice deep blue also….
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's sweet. I will definitely do something like that.

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I don't know if he's still doing them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-comet-coaster
I've been planning on lighting them up and triggering the lights with the ramp inserts, but other projects are distracting me. They still look great unlit though.

I am thinking if it's possible I'd add people on the coaster. Time to search Ebay for Ronald and Nancy.

1 month later
#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I have started work on my Cyclone. The first step was to scan it in and I now have a 600dpi record of what the playfield looked like, dirt and all, just in case something happened. I have Photoshop Elements and I have to say I was really impressed with its ability to merge the scans together (I used a standard Epson Perfection 8.5 x 11 scanner laying on the playfield) - i just gave it the overlapping pics and it stitched them together and even adjusted the colors to match it all.
I think I will do another one when I get the dirt and swirls off - if anyone is interested I can send them the full sized image (2gb) (but its pretty dirty, see below)[quoted image]

What did you use to scan it?

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I have an epson perfection scanner. I removed the plastic flashing around the edge which allows the glass to touch the playfield. This allows for good quality scans. Here is a piece of my original, scanned at 600dpi.
[quoted image]
The big problem is of course that it is only 8.5 x 11 and the scans need to be stitched together. I did the automated route and in checking it, its pretty close. The overall height of the graphic as measured on the playfield is 37.75 inches. As measured on my graphic, it is 37.7
However I did notice where the software messed up at the edges though. Here is the extreme top. Note how the software matched up down at the rollovers but didn't get the very top. I will have to do it manually I guess.[quoted image]

That's freakin cool. I want to learn how to do this.

2 weeks later
#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I have a scan of a repro playfield if you need

I could use that.

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

the top of my playfield is worn away around the 1-2-3 lights (see picture above) so I decided that when I put on a replacement graphic I would add in our family. I took pics of us looking up and patched them in. Its back at the back end of the playfield so not real noticable but I think its fun for our family!
[quoted image]

That's freakin awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazc4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only?tu=jazc4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.