pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 6.49.57 PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 7.27.29 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahock13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#255 9 years ago

Best = Most accessible * highest value. Therefore Ferris Wheel bonus. Cumulative Comet shots are a close second.
Worst? Well hard to say that 2x anything is a bad thing but, were I to take your question really technically, I'd probably say that trying to score the Jackpot bonus while in 2x mode is extremely difficult due to the time constraint.

7 months later
#284 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'll post a few ideas in your Cyclone thread. It's never a good idea to troubleshoot in a club thread...
-mof

Mof, can you clarify your comment. This is the kind of stuff that I read this forum for!

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Oh, it's just that the best way to get help is to make a separate thread in "Tech" whenever your need assistance, and more people with chime in with help. Use THIS thread to alert other Cyclone owners to look at THAT thread.

Got it, that makes sense. So when you said "I'll post a few ideas in your Cyclone thread," what do you mean? What's the easiest/quickest way to locate the related thread in tech?

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The dude has had his own Cyclone tech-help thread up and running for a while...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-tech-help
-mof

Thanks, that's where I thought you might be going with this. And totally agree that a sub-thread makes sense. Interesting stuff! I enjoyed reading it.

1 week later
#292 9 years ago

Hi folks, I need to calibrate the Mystery Wheel which has lost its home position. I've searched prior posts but I haven't located the process for doing this. There must be a way to properly align the wheel with the awards without having to do it by trial-and-error?

On a semi-related note my wheel does not align correctly with the space in the backglass because the white fiberboard hinge hardware has loosened and sagged over years. This is not terribly hard to fix but thought I'd reach out and see if anyone has tips?

1 week later
#293 9 years ago

Further to the above, further investigation reveals that my mystery wheel plastic shaft is cracked. I know this is a common issue - what is the best glue/adhesive/approach to fix this. I imagine I'll get one shot at at it and if I do it wrong it may never spin true again.mystery-wheel.jpgmystery-wheel.jpg

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

There is no calibration involved with the mystery wheel. As long as the decal is installed properly on the front of the wheel and it's not slipping on the shaft and the mystery wheel opto board is functioning correctly, it will find the correct position.

Fantastic. I didn't know that. Thin CA is what I was planning to use to repair the plastic shaft - thanks for confirming viperrwk. Appreciate the help.

3 weeks later
#298 9 years ago

I spotted this Spook House entryway plastic in a youtube before/after video:

(4:08). Looks like maybe this individual made it out of one of the leftover keychain promo plastics? ... not a bad idea. Been trying to come up with a solution for this missing plastic on my machine.

spook-house-entry-plastic.jpgspook-house-entry-plastic.jpg
2 months later
#304 9 years ago

Tech question about wiring a new flipper assembly posted here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-wiring-new-cyclone-sys11-flipper-assembly#post-2321618

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 week later
#305 9 years ago

Hi, anyone care to weigh in on this ... 70VDC at the flipper coils (vs. 50VDC expected). Someone told me that's high and I may have a failing component on the AUX PS. Another guy brushed it off and said it was totally normal - peak voltage vs. RMS. Thoughts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Keller, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahock13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only?tu=ahock13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.