pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#737 5 years ago

I've been commissioned by a Cyclone owner to custom create a Comet Coaster model that resembles the one on the backglass, so I wanted to gauge interest from other Cyclone owners out there in potentially purchasing one. The idea is to mount it on the shelf at the back left. I'm still in the prototype stage but very close to finalizing, so I wanted to show my progress. FYI, dimensions are 2" wide x 5.875" long x 1" tall.

I'll have 2 options for purchase (please PM me if you are interested).

- With Lighting Included = $44 includes shipping to US (will include white Comet Pinball Matrix LED strip, 12 inch Matrix extension, and Matrix alligator clips to attached to GI socket)
- Without Lighting = $32 includes shipping to US (model will still include channel for LED strip, but you supply your own lighting)

Model Rendering
Coaster.jpgCoaster.jpg

Actual Model
IMG_1684.JPGIMG_1684.JPG

Placement (model will set on ledge in front of bottom red part of "RIDE THE COMET FOR A MILLION" sign)
cyclone1.jpgcyclone1.jpg

First Prototype (in plain white just for testing - final will be 3D printed in colors as shown above, or I can do custom colors)
IMG_1681.JPGIMG_1681.JPG

Lighting Channel and Strip
IMG_0088.JPGIMG_0088.JPG

#739 5 years ago

I'm getting really close to a final, and here is my latest effort. Turns out the filament I used (marble) is a little too dark to dissipate the light the way I want. I'm reprinting in white and will post when done (I think this will be the final version). Unfortunately, I only own a Getaway so no pics of it actually installed in a Cyclone.

cyclone.jpgcyclone.jpgcyclone1.jpgcyclone1.jpgcyclone2.jpgcyclone2.jpg

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nice work, old friend...

Thanks, and nice to hear from you again - hope all is well.

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Very cool, but isn't that the Cyclone? If it's a Comet for the Cyclone I figure it should look like the one on the Comet backglass. I not really into mods for my Cyclone, but that is really nice looking. Bet blue seats would be perfect.
[quoted image]

Yes, it is the coaster modeled off the backglass of the Cyclone (which is what I was asked to create). I don't have the pin, so I may be getting things confused, but I guess both coasters are referenced in the game? I know there is the "RIDE THE COMET FOR A MILLION" sign in the back left where this is designed to go (why I was making the assumption), but now that I've looked at the playfield images I also notice a "RIDE THE CYCLONE THREE TIMES TO GET THE JACKBOT" sign in the back right. I see that the left ramp graphic on the Cyclone looks like the coaster you show from The Comet backglass, and the right ramp graphic looks like the Cyclone coaster that I designed.

So, if the above is the case, the Cyclone coaster I created is designed to be placed on the ledge under the "RIDE THE COMET" sign. Is that a continuity problem for anyone (this was the preference of the owner who commissioned me to create the coaster)?

#747 5 years ago

Width = 2"
Length = 5.75"
Height = 1"

Exactly how much room do you have where you are considering? If enough interest, I could potentially redesign/resize a Cyclone that would fit there.

I think that creating a model that resembles the Comet coaster might be more of a challenge for me given the design tools/skills I have access to, since it's features are not as defined nor regular.

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks, I'll check when I get home and see if it would fit, I suspect it will. Yes, the Comet does look like it would be a lot tougher. One of those light blue color you poster in the other thread would look great.

Well, I'm going to give a shot at the Comet, and I'll let everyone know if/when I'm successful. Freddy had an idea that I like of positioning the two coasters on the ramps as pictured (please be sure to complement him for his masterful artwork)

Comet.jpgComet.jpgCyclone.jpgCyclone.jpg
#752 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

This is what I was thinking...[quoted image]

I think it would definitely have to be smaller there, so let me know dimensions when you can if that is what you really want. Also, is there an easy/non obvious way to run a lighting cable from that position to wherever you need to power it?

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Yes, that's part of the reason I thought it might be a good spot.

Just posted an update with the new Comet coaster added: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-comet-coaster

#755 5 years ago

Just added a colored version of the Comet (yellow sled with red seat backs to resemble Comet backglass)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-comet-coaster

5 months later
2 weeks later
#796 4 years ago

Just created my new Cyclone apron cards. Cost is $10 for the pair (includes US postage - will ship outside of US with postage quoted per order) which are photo printed on ultra gloss photo paper with clear gloss vinyl overlaid on top. Please PM me if interested.

Cyclone_FreePlay (resized).jpgCyclone_FreePlay (resized).jpgCyclone_Instruction (resized).jpgCyclone_Instruction (resized).jpg
1 year later
#1025 3 years ago

For anyone who has purchased any of my coasters in the past (Comet, Cyclone, Hurricane) could you please post pics of them installed? I've had a few people ask where they go, but since I don't own any of the coaster pins its just a guess on my part.

3 years later
#1779 54 days ago

Greetings, Cyclone owners! I have a friend who is restoring a Cyclone, and he asked me if I could come up with a plastic deflector for the center target that causes ball launches. He told me that many had fashioned their own in various ways from what he had seen, but I actually designed one from scratch without looking at what others have done.

I'm offering these ball deflectors for $22 including US postage. I make them out of 3mm clear extruded acrylic, laser cut, and laser etch the ghosts on them (same ghost that is on the target decal). I'd like to do an initial run of them instead of one-offs, so I'll give it through the weekend to gauge interest. If you would like to purchase one, please PM me for details.

BTW, I also created a flag set for him. I'm happy to offer those to others, as well.

IMG_0357 (resized).JPGIMG_0357 (resized).JPGIMG_0356 (resized).JPGIMG_0356 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPGIMG_0358 (resized).JPG

#1781 53 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Nice work. Could you show us what it looks like uninstalled? Wondering how wide and deep it is and whether that left side is going on top of the screw or within it?

It goes back just far enough for the edge to not be exposed by the plastic above. Also, the left side has a notch and the right an oval hole to allow for variation in fitment. I don't have one made, but here is a rendering.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1782 53 days ago

I also forgot to mention that I offer the following additional items for Cyclone:
- My 3D printed coaster | https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73183
- A "Ride the Cyclone" Decal
- A 4-piece Ferris Wheel replacement decal set
- A custom ball toss target decal (finished version has rounded corners and hole punch in middle for rivet head)
- A Cyclone wheel decal
- A Six Flags Over Texas flag decal set (as pictured also has a TPF flag)
- A Coin Door Decal

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1785 47 days ago

A couple of people asked me about the "Ride the Cylcone" plastic since they are apparently unobtainable. While I don't have the ability to recreate or access to injection molding, I do have the ability to laser cut acrylic and 3D print. I came up with this replacement option and wanted to gauge interest. This was created by tracing/measuring an OEM piece where I laser cut the base from 3mm acrylic and 3D printed and cemented the triangle prism made from "clear" filament on top.

Price would be $35 shipped and include the "Ride The Cyclone" decal pre-installed.

Please PM if interested in purchasing.

IMG_0410 (resized).JPGIMG_0410 (resized).JPGIMG_0411 (resized).JPGIMG_0411 (resized).JPG

IMG_0413 (resized).JPGIMG_0413 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1786 47 days ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I have a Cyclone that I am finishing up a restore on. I have music and dracula voice but nothing else. Nothing plays in sound test. I have heated all the connector pins on the sound board and replaced all the sound ROMs with new ones from Matt's Arcade. I get one bong on startup which is telling me the sound board is testing ok. I have replaced the U24 6802 chip and no change.
Any ideas where to go next?

I bet there is an issue with the MPU.

#1789 47 days ago

Full discloser to the thread . . . he already told me what the problem was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.