pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 72Devilz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#616 5 years ago

I just picked up a Cyclone the weekend before last that a friend found for free in a driveway during a community yard sale (original post here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-pays-to-have-friends-looking-out-for-you ). The machine was only about 20% functional with no working GI, no working controlled lights, no working slings or kickers, no working ferris wheel, a burned up power supply socket and just absolutely filthy however everything was intact, after working on it almost every night for the past week I've fixed all the issues and it is back to it's former glory. I've added a few lighting mods to the Tram score, subway skill shot tunnel and under some of the right side plastics to make them more legible. I have caught some heat for the GI lighting but the phone makes it look far more blown out than it really is and I am still experimenting with GI placement to find a happy medium. I am bringing this one to the GSPF in Lodi Ca. this coming friday - sunday to give her a proper break in, hope to see some of you there!

d186742fceb9912ebdb8fd81b5b62c903a525c7a.jpeg (resized).jpgd186742fceb9912ebdb8fd81b5b62c903a525c7a.jpeg (resized).jpg

24e5422182b1043f842d2a6ccef985e97f345f29.jpeg (resized).jpg24e5422182b1043f842d2a6ccef985e97f345f29.jpeg (resized).jpg

a8be9ec8d83d98ee8bde94816e4f71aba6c825e9.jpeg (resized).jpga8be9ec8d83d98ee8bde94816e4f71aba6c825e9.jpeg (resized).jpg

bbf8bfe69c50ecaeda922a2b3ee2becbc3f7411c.jpeg (resized).jpgbbf8bfe69c50ecaeda922a2b3ee2becbc3f7411c.jpeg (resized).jpg

#617 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,
I'm putting new rubber on my Cyclone.
While i have the game apart........
This bracket (the black one) is attached to the plastic that's to the right of the ferris wheel. It doesn't seem to do anything, and I haven't noticed it on other machines.
Any idea what it could be for? Should I just remove it?
TIA

I'm in agreement with Jaytrem, looks like it was put in place due to a broken plastic. My plastic was broken in that exact place, luckily I found it in the bottom of my machine, I have seen a few other pictures with the plastic missing in the same place. I'd remove it and attempt to repair the broken plastic if possible.

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

My only mod is I lit up the spook house with purple.

Ha, great minds think alike! I did purple GI and flasher (more lavender) as well, looks great & spooky under that plastic!

I used LED strings made for Neon sign retrofitting (Street Fighter brand) that I had leftover from a recent job. Each self adhesive module has 2 LEDs and the spacing between modules was perfect for the tram and tunnel. They are rated for 12vdc but the light output is about 1/4 the brightness when tied into the GI which was perfect for that mod.

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

My purple light is actually under the playfield by the subway, so the subway kinda glows. I gotta admit I stole the idea from somebody else on here. Liked the way it looked on his and was very pleased how it came out on mine.

So if I follow you lit from under to make the gobblehole glow or are you glowing the boomerang inserts? Did you go regular purple or UV purple? Great idea BTW!

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I also get balls that fly off of the comet ramp before the first curve. Is that a common issue? Any idea how to reduce those?

I also get airballs off the Comet ramp on occasion, freaks me out when that ball strikes the glass! I was thinking of cutting some blister pack material to fashion a shield on the ramp where it has a sharp lift after the ramp entry switch to stop the glass strikes.

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from oldgodzilla:

For those that replaced your flashers, did you use any colors?
-og

Yes, I color matched the flashers. Yellow for jackpot, whites for back box fireworks and coaster, blue for top right and under right plastic, orange for playfield and back board, reds for left behind and under ball shoot plastic, whites for boomerang (had issues which caused two leds to burn out, put regular flashers back in) and I used a purple for the spook house.

1 week later
#663 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Can someone please take a photo of the backbox lock mech? Looking for where the cam attaches to the rod.

Here you go, I had to drill out the lock that was in mine due to no keys. Installing that cam plate was a PITA! I must have dropped it down the black hole in the head three times and had to fish it out of the bottom box. Hope these help ya!

IMG_8656 (resized).JPGIMG_8656 (resized).JPG

IMG_8654 (resized).JPGIMG_8654 (resized).JPG

IMG_8655 (resized).JPGIMG_8655 (resized).JPG

11 months later
#775 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Can someone please help me out. I need to know if the back box lamps #57-64. 500,000-4,000,000 are #44 bayonet or #555 wedge.
Same for lamps #27-32 Comet 20K - 1 million.
Are the GI lamps in the back box bayonet or wedge?
Thanks.

All controlled are wedge. The lamps under the coaster on the right and Williams sign & clown are bayonets. The Comet 20k - 1M controlled are wedge in my machine. The configuration can vary depending on when the machine was made but this is the configuration in my machine.
3E4E0563-99A9-4EB8-A1FD-7504E41C0476 (resized).jpeg3E4E0563-99A9-4EB8-A1FD-7504E41C0476 (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#989 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Scans are done. Not the greatest, but should be good enough to reproduce the flags. Below are the Google Drive links. Enjoy!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pn-N70M6xqz-HO9IpOcWNHamL6Jp4fFa/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ktoynn_fthdT4ij4o9fYQLpdeJAWnaZq/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing these! I recently purchased some laser printable vinyl to make some replacement target decals and the vinyl will work perfectly for these flags!

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Arrrrrrrggggggg!!!!!
Today, I had my Cyclone powered up, I wasn't paying too much attention to it, but I heard several chimes, as though it was rebooting then, BAM! Everything went dark except for G.I. No display, no MPU test lights, nada. Should I assume power supply? I'm fairly unfamiliar with SS. How do you check voltage on the power supplies? If the machine sits, turned off for a while and I turn it back on, the knocker fires once, the +5v LED lights and then goes back out. All fuses check out good.
Thanks.

You definitely need to check the power supply but if you aren’t familiar with testing electronics you may want to consult with somebody familiar with that type of work. There are hazardous voltages present in power supplies and you can get bit poking around. Schematics are readily available and you may want to read the pin wiki for system 11 games which should cover common issues and troubleshooting. It’s likely that if your power supply is original it needs to be rebuilt with new capacitors which is pretty straightforward if you are good with a soldering iron.

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Thanks, I'll check the HV side and see what readings I get. I'd rather not spend the money on a replacement board right now.
I suspect a cap blew as I'm pretty sure I heard a small pop, but can't be sure. I don't see any obvious damage.
Stay tuned.......

When Caps blow they are pretty obvious and usually stink very bad. You need to verify the 5vdc section (MPU unplugged then plugged in) first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 72Devilz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only?tu=72Devilz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.