pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
There are 1,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from AZDbacker:

A little off topic but... My ferris wheel slips. I'm using a new belt and have cleaned everything top to bottom and still, every 5 or 6 games, it will slip >< Anyone here run into this and have a way to make this bulletproof?
Thanks!

use white rubber ring the rubber pulls tighter than the clear nylon i have no issues using the white rings just size it appropriately.

#352 7 years ago

Anyone have a used decent comet ramp for sale?
Bob

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Anyone have a used decent comet ramp for sale?
Bob

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

use white rubber ring the rubber pulls tighter than the clear nylon i have no issues using the white rings just size it appropriately.

I've read to not do that but if it works, I wouldnt care if it were a fan belt from a clown car. Thanks!

4 weeks later
#355 7 years ago
Quoted from AZDbacker:

I've read to not do that but if it works, I wouldnt care if it were a fan belt from a clown car. Thanks!

it works! and cost less!

#356 7 years ago

Hey guys, still hunting for plastics. Anyone have a set or their old set that's not in too bad a shape. The cyclone I picked up had full Mylar so the PF was in good shape but it was beat to death otherwise

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Hey guys, still hunting for plastics. Anyone have a set or their old set that's not in too bad a shape. The cyclone I picked up had full Mylar so the PF was in good shape but it was beat to death otherwise

PM sent!

4 weeks later
#358 7 years ago

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I replaced all the lights in my cyclone with LED's including the flashers. Now when I activate the flippers or the ball hit the sling shots some of the flashers light up brightly but only for a brief moment. If I hold the flippers , there is still only a brief activation of the flashers. I don't think it is a short but some sort of spike causing the sensitive LED's to light up. I could pull all the LED's for the flashers and go back to incandescence but is it something wrong with maybe the aux driver board, has anyone else experienced similar issues with their cyclone ?

#359 7 years ago

If Cyclone has the warming resistor boards (and i'm pretty sure it does), you have to cut all the ground wires from all of them and that will stop. Do a tech forum search for "warming resistors", you'll find tons of info.

#360 7 years ago

Thanks for the help, I read some more posts searching "warming resitors" and decided not to modify any original boards. I fixed the issue by swaping out some LED's in the backbox with regular bulbs, this fixed the problem with all but one LED flasher. I changed that flasher from LED to regular bulb and now all is good. Thanks to everyone that contributes to the Forum.

#361 7 years ago

Would anyone happen to have a good, scanned image file of plastic part number 563-3SP? I can't find any plastics to purchase. So my plan is to cut out the shape using 0.1" PETG, and then laminate the image underneath the plastic. Alternatively, if you know where I can find the real plastic part, that would be even better.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#363 7 years ago

Lately during gameplay, I have had on a few occasions where all the GI lights stay lit, but the game stops then restarts. I also see it is enough to rest the high scores. Any ideas what I need to do?

1 week later
#364 7 years ago

Proud new owner of a Cyclone! It has been in a home for 15 years. I found it on craigslist buried in the ad with a ton of other items. Lucky for me because it was a 5hr drive to get it and it was only $200!! The scoring displays were non functional and it would reset over and over. A new power supply and stuck slam switch were the remedy. After cleaning out all the glass that was shattered in it and tons of cleaning she is up and running. Here are the before pictures the day I got it and one after power supply.

Does anyone know where I can find a mystery wheel decal?

IMG_1845_(resized).JPGIMG_1845_(resized).JPG

IMG_1846_(resized).JPGIMG_1846_(resized).JPG

IMG_1848_(resized).JPGIMG_1848_(resized).JPG

IMG_1849_(resized).JPGIMG_1849_(resized).JPG

IMG_1850_(resized).JPGIMG_1850_(resized).JPG

IMG_1852_(resized).JPGIMG_1852_(resized).JPG

IMG_1867_(resized).JPGIMG_1867_(resized).JPG

#365 7 years ago

Also myself and another forum member have been discussing a problem we are both having. When you hit the spook house drop target the sound will fade, but Dracula's voice does not sound. Same issue happens if you let time expire before making it in for the mystery wheel. This is the only sound I have not yet heard. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from low80elco:

Proud new owner of a Cyclone! It has been in a home for 15 years. I found it on craigslist buried in the ad with a ton of other items. Lucky for me because it was a 5hr drive to get it and it was only $200!! The scoring displays were non functional and it would reset over and over. A new power supply and stuck slam switch were the remedy. After cleaning out all the glass that was shattered in it and tons of cleaning she is up and running. Here are the before pictures the day I got it and one after power supply.
Does anyone know where I can find a mystery wheel decal?

You can't go wrong for $200 bucks. Sweet deal. Try Planetary Pinball for the decal.

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

You can't go wrong for $200 bucks. Sweet deal. Try Planetary Pinball for the decal.

No luck. Thanks for the recommendation though! I found the scan online and I'm talking with a local sticker guy.

#368 7 years ago

Anyone know where to find a NOS or repro comet ramp? If so, please PM me!

#369 7 years ago

Also looking for the green plastic that goes from the back of the playfield to the Ferris wheel (right side of pic below).

PM me if you have one in tact and in decent shape!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Anyone know where to find a NOS or repro comet ramp? If so, please PM me!

I got mine from Bay Area Amusements but it looks like they are out of stock everywhere now...

#371 7 years ago

Looking for a used (but decent), or new "Comet" ramp if anyone has one.

#372 7 years ago

I had a request on my youtube Flipper Rebuild / Repair video for the info card that I use on my Cyclone in place of the pricing card. I didn't make it and I forget where I got it, but here it is.

cyclonecard144 (resized).jpgcyclonecard144 (resized).jpg

#373 7 years ago

Still waiting on pinscore displays and a couple relays, but pretty happy with the way this one is turning out.

20160815_115708(1) (resized).jpg20160815_115708(1) (resized).jpg

20160815_115908 (resized).jpg20160815_115908 (resized).jpg

20160815_115911 (resized).jpg20160815_115911 (resized).jpg

20160815_115913 (resized).jpg20160815_115913 (resized).jpg

20160825_161955 (resized).jpg20160825_161955 (resized).jpg

20160825_162011 (resized).jpg20160825_162011 (resized).jpg

20160825_162014 (resized).jpg20160825_162014 (resized).jpg

20160825_162017(1) (resized).jpg20160825_162017(1) (resized).jpg

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I had a request on my youtube Flipper Rebuild / Repair video for the info card that I use on my Cyclone in place of the pricing card. I didn't make it and I forget where I got it, but here it is.

Thanks! This looks great, any chance anyone has a corresponding instruction card?

#375 7 years ago

Anyone have a spare left sling plastic they're willing to sell?

#376 7 years ago

Marco specialties has one listed on their site. Just bought a set myself. (Left & right sling)

#378 7 years ago

Thanks, was hoping to find a used left. Already into this project a bit more than expected and was looking to save a few bucks. Last resort, there is always Marco!

#379 7 years ago

Well it is a last resort, when I asked about ordering they said they had two sets left and I bought one of them. They would be down to 1 set now.

#380 7 years ago

Well now THAT changes things. Just ordered from Marcos, thanks for the heads up.

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Well now THAT changes things. Just ordered from Marcos, thanks for the heads up.

Surething, your playfield pics above, is that with LED's & where are they from?

#382 7 years ago

Yes, all non ghosting frosted cool white leds from pinball life.

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Yes, all non ghosting frosted cool white leds from pinball life.

I'll have to check that out, just ordered a cointaker back glass set.

#384 7 years ago

Hello,

I pick a cyclone on Sunday for 200.00. I found it needs a cpu board because of battery acid damage. I tried to see if the board could be repaired but everyone is telling me to buy a new one. Does anyone have one they would like to sell? Rottendog has one for 405.00 plus shipping. Can someone advise me on a replacement?

Thanks

#385 7 years ago

Looking for the "ride the Cyclone" sign if anyone knows of one. Thanks! Mine is missing.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Looking for the "ride the Cyclone" sign if anyone knows of one. Thanks! Mine is missing.

Is it the sticker you are looking for?

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Is it the sticker you are looking for?

At this point yes the sticker would be fine, actually the whole pice but I'm thinking with a 2x4 end cut at the right angle and some plastic with heat I could make my own piece.

#388 7 years ago

1. I wonder why there's no way to know what your ferris wheel bonus is while you build it up. You can hold right flipper and wait 20 seconds, but sheesh...

2. Anyone know how the end of ball bonus works? Seems REALLY small in this game. I played with glass off, and found out each set of 3 targets lights Bonus and Hold -- but not sure what completing 1 means versus 2...

Anyone know the rules REALLY well and care to chime in?

-mof

#389 7 years ago

bump for Cyclone rule-master to speak up.
-mof

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

RULE#1-keep the ball in play
RULE#2- if unsure of the rules refer to RULE#1

#391 7 years ago

Blue LED's in the multiplier section, wow what a difference!

IMG_5914 (resized).JPGIMG_5914 (resized).JPG

#392 7 years ago

Awesome!!! Wished I had the parts to repair my Cyclone!!!

1 week later
#393 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

2. Anyone know how the end of ball bonus works? Seems REALLY small in this game. I played with glass off, and found out each set of 3 targets lights Bonus and Hold -- but not sure what completing 1 means versus 2...

Jeff Z to the rescue again!
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/rules/rules.html

2 weeks later
#394 7 years ago

I need a favor fella's... can someone please take a photo of this backbox GI control relay in their game? Obviously mine (pic below) was hacked and the backbox GI works backwards (lights off when they should be on, and vice versa).
I need the correct pin connections for the brown and green wires... There's not a pinout or schematic in the manual!!

Thanks in advance!

Image1.jpgImage1.jpg

#395 7 years ago

No Problem, hope this picture helps you out!

Cheers!!

Cyclone Relay (resized).jpgCyclone Relay (resized).jpg

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

No Problem, hope this picture helps you out!
Cheers!!

It sure did! I'm back to working correctly! THANK YOU!!!

#398 7 years ago

This is all I have atm, more after I finish the shop out. As you'll notice, the backbox GI is off, but not anymore!
What looks like wear on the PF above the "HOLD" & "BONUS" inserts, is not wear, its tape glue on the glass. There is a full mylar on it, so no PF wear or discoloring. Even the 1 2 3 inserts are all there 100%!

IMG_3500 (resized).JPGIMG_3500 (resized).JPG

#399 7 years ago

I gotta straighten out my monorail plastic. Looks good!
-mof

#400 7 years ago

Parts are so hard to find for this game!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 1,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.