pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 6.49.57 PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 7.27.29 AM (resized).png
There are 1,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 36.
#1501 1 year ago

that makes sense!
I have 4 wires that are loose and have a crimped connector on them. I am guessing they originally went to J1.
Thanks!

DSC05915 (resized).JPGDSC05915 (resized).JPG
#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

that makes sense!
I have 4 wires that are loose and have a crimped connector on them. I am guessing they originally went to J1.
Thanks!

Yup--same four wires. So as long as your GI lights are working you're good.

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

The interconnect board is there for both convenience of assembly and disassembly. If the wires are crimped in a butt connector then you won't be able to easily remove the backbox insert. For some people that doesn't matter, until you need to remove the backbox insert. Then you're cutting wires.

At the very least, use a detachable (can be disconnected) connector. Perhaps Molex 0.093" pins and housings. If you want a replacement board, I have that board reproduced as well. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs/page/10#post-6308140 bullet point #3.

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

The interconnect board is there for both convenience of assembly and disassembly. If the wires are crimped in a butt connector then you won't be able to easily remove the backbox insert. For some people that doesn't matter, until you need to remove the backbox insert. Then you're cutting wires.

At the very least, use a detachable (can be disconnected) connector. Perhaps Molex 0.093" pins and housings. If you want a replacement board, I have that board reproduced as well. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumbass-test-and-reproduction-pcbs/page/10#post-6308140 bullet point #3.

Handy advice and hardware as well. Thanks!

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

At the very least, use a detachable (can be disconnected) connector

that makes a lot of sense! thanks for the info. Must be a decent amount of power going through there if the connectors were burned on the original.

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Must be a decent amount of power going through there if the connectors were burned on the original.

The high amps is what kills the connector.
The odd thing about electronics is, [the lower the voltage, the higher the current]
The GI circuit is basically 20+ Amps AC.
The connectors that are used can only handle about 2.5 Amps per pin max.
Add the draw of current from #44, #555 lamps,etc...and something got to give.

#1507 1 year ago

Wow, i think this cyclone was in a bad area at some point. I removed a metal plate in the front and this was behind it

4150C75E-130E-4022-A4D3-E18E1BC3A5D0 (resized).jpeg4150C75E-130E-4022-A4D3-E18E1BC3A5D0 (resized).jpeg
#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Wow, i think this cyclone was in a bad area at some point. I removed a metal plate in the front and this was behind it
[quoted image]

Typical. Laundry mats, liquor stores...etc. The sad part is when the perpetrator
causes so much damage, and there is only a few dollars in quarters.

#1509 1 year ago

A friend of mine kept a rusty Volvo going for years, with chicken wire and Bondo. What's your plan? What're you going to use?

#1510 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

[quoted image]

Adds charicter.

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from clodpole:

A friend of mine kept a rusty Volvo going for years, with chicken wire and Bondo. What's your plan? What're you going to use?

I plan to cut out a square and put in a replacement chunk. I will probably have to put some bracing behind it to keep it strong

#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from clodpole:

A friend of mine kept a rusty Volvo going for years, with chicken wire and Bondo...

Ted's Volvo clattered and smoked sometimes enough that other drivers would point and stare and even yell stuff at him. All that stopped when he stuck a "DIESEL" emblem on the back.
Eventually, the broken distributor advance thing got found and fixed so it didn't clatter.

#1513 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I plan to cut out a square and put in a replacement chunk. I will probably have to put some bracing behind it to keep it strong

This might work best with a router.
Good luck!

#1514 1 year ago

Could someone kindly post the measurement of their cyclone playfield glass?

Bought a machine and hoping to order antiglare glass in advance.

Appreciate the help!

#1515 1 year ago

By the way, glass I'm looking at is 43" x 21" x 3/16" thick. Thanks again.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

By the way, glass I'm looking at is 43" x 21" x 3/16" thick. Thanks again.

That's the size alright. 21x43x3/16 works too.

#1518 1 year ago

Just got a project Cyclone mostly restored and took it out for a spin. I like to take pins to community events when I find a good match, and in this case I took Cyclone out to a "Night to Shine" prom for special needs kids and adults. It was great to see so many people playing pinball for the first time, and for three hours the machine was never idle and no one was camera shy. A few photos below.

NTS1 (resized).JPGNTS1 (resized).JPGNTS2 (resized).JPGNTS2 (resized).JPGNTS3 (resized).JPGNTS3 (resized).JPGNTS4 (resized).JPGNTS4 (resized).JPG
#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Just got a project Cyclone mostly restored and took it out for a spin. I like to take pins to community events when I find a good match, and in this case I took Cyclone out to a "Night to Shine" prom for special needs kids and adults. It was great to see so many people playing pinball for the first time, and for three hours the machine was never idle and no one was camera shy. A few photos below.

Awesome! You're a good man!

#1520 1 year ago

I've got a nice Cyclone for sale if anyone knows someone looking for one.

Thanks!

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Cyclone Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Had a no-show buyer, so my Cyclone is back up for sale. Very nice player's condition .. shopped last month with all new clear ramps, new plastics and rubbers, all Comet LED's exce...”
2023-02-22
Cortland, NY
3,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 661 times
Contributed to Pinside

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Awesome! You're a good man!

Thanks. I've taken pins on about 20 outings now, and even though I had a bit of trepidation about this one, it turned out to be the most gratifying of all.

#1522 1 year ago

Hi Guys,

So I just bought a refurbished Cyclone, with a LED upgrade.

Really hoping to do the purple Dracula scoop light upgrade.

Is this the part that you all have used before, or something else?

Tried my best to read thru all the years of posts, sorry if I missed this along the way, but hoping someone can show where they alligator clipped in for power, thanks!!!!

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-scoop-illumination?_pos=1&_sid=26e92892e&_ss=r

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Why? A lot easier to just use wood filler, you’d be able to patch that like it never happened

#1524 1 year ago

Hi Guys, Does anyone know where I can get custom apron cards like cconway84's machine??? Really like the clean design of these, thanks!!!

bbb (resized).jpgbbb (resized).jpg
#1525 1 year ago

Here are my cyclone instruction cards for anyone who would like to use them.

Cyclone final (resized).jpgCyclone final (resized).jpgcyclone (resized).jpgcyclone (resized).jpg
#1526 1 year ago

Guys, How do I program my (new to me) cyclone for free play? Appreciate any help.

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Guys, How do I program my (new to me) cyclone for free play? Appreciate any help.

Number 23 in the AD (adjustments) menu. Once you're there, use the Start button to change "No" to "Yes."

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Hi Guys, Does anyone know where I can get custom apron cards like cconway84's machine??? Really like the clean design of these, thanks!!!

My favorite site for free play custom cards is below, in alphabetical order:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Here are my cyclone instruction cards for anyone who would like to use them.

really nice!

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Hi Guys, Does anyone know where I can get custom apron cards like cconway84's machine??? Really like the clean design of these, thanks!!![quoted image]

I'm with Westsiderkg on this. I've seen the thread that has the custom apron card images but I don't know how to get them printed. Is there anybody who sells them printed?

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from SimpleSam:

I'm with Westsiderkg on this. I've seen the thread that has the custom apron card images but I don't know how to get them printed. Is there anybody who sells them printed?

Send the images to a local print shop. These are the instructions I used for printing them. Cost less than $10.

Single sided. 12 pt kromecoat. One copy. Finished sizes for all will be 3 1/4" x 6". Stretching aspect ratios on supplied images is fine to achieve this result.

#1532 1 year ago

cconway84 was kind enough to share his local, professional printer with me - thanks again.

Good news for me was they were able to make the apron cards. Bad news was I had to place a minimal order of 25 sets, lol. I really loved the design, so I paid it....now I have 20ish sets remaining....I'm going to keep a few in my parts drawer for keepsakes, and just incase my kids somehow destroy the ones in the actual machine!

Maybe back in the day they'd print down a single batch for cconway84, but not for me.

Anyway, maybe others will have better success than me getting their local print shop to just print one set, but if anyone can't, and wants a set, just PM me and I'll mail you one in bubble wrap for the $10 until this batch is gone.

Hope this helps out my fellow pinsiders, and thanks again cconway84.

#1533 1 year ago

Could someone help me with mirror blades?Just wasted $130 with cointaker. Not their fault, but their blades...and it seems all others I can locate online, do not match our machines hinge design. Thanks!

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Could someone help me with mirror blades?Just wasted $130 with cointaker. Not their fault, but their blades...and it seems all others I can locate online, do not match our machines hinge design. Thanks!

Aviation snips

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Aviation snips

Ha, yes...but the williams hole.....

20230225_152012 (resized).jpg20230225_152012 (resized).jpg
#1536 1 year ago

Joined the club! Could someone tell me the default settings for the ferris wheel and jackpot increase? Mine seem super low.

#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Joined the club! Could someone tell me the default settings for the ferris wheel and jackpot increase? Mine seem super low.

Page 23 of the manual summarizes. Default settings are Medium. Pop bumpers advance Ferris Wheel bonus by 3k (adjustment 41). Completed lanes advance Jackpot by 5k (adjustment 42).

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Page 23 of the manual summarizes. Default settings are Medium. Pop bumpers advance Ferris Wheel bonus by 3k (adjustment 41). Completed lanes advance Jackpot by 5k (adjustment 42).

Thanks

#1539 1 year ago

If anyone has a lead, or is thinking of posting a NOS translite / backglass please PM me, looking for one. Open to flawless pre-owned as well, no reproductions please, thanks.

#1540 1 year ago

Does anybody by chance have a new, unused 546-3sp plastic sitting around that they can part with? Repo ok if it's CPR. Hate having to buy a whole set just for 1 cracked playfield piece, thanks! Pls PM me.
20230226_090925 (resized).jpg20230226_090925 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1541 1 year ago

Does anyone have a cyclone CPR playfield for sale?

#1542 1 year ago

I am getting a # 37 error - adjust switch 37....has anyone else had this before? Appreciate any troubleshooting help! Thanks everyone.

#1543 1 year ago

Ended up fixing the 37 error with just a bit of bending the adjustment switch, if it helps anyone else down the road.

By the way, does anyone know of a source for the "ride the cyclone" plastic?

shop-40 (resized).jpgshop-40 (resized).jpg
#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Ended up fixing the 37 error with just a bit of bending the adjustment switch, if it helps anyone else down the road.
By the way, does anyone know of a source for the "ride the cyclone" plastic?[quoted image]

Sadly I believe it's unobtanium.
Mine is totally warped and misshapen from heat over the years. Maybe someday...

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

does anyone know of a source for the "ride the cyclone" plastic?

I don't have any info, but if your ramp problem is only the end(s) - I designed and 3d-printed a new end for the drop side, which was broken on mine (I actually designed ends for all 3 ramps as mine were all broken) I haven't uploaded them yet, but I will be happy to send you the files.

edit: oops, wrong ramp....sorry

Screenshot 2023-03-18 130537 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-18 130537 (resized).pngIMG_6933 (resized).jpgIMG_6933 (resized).jpg

#1546 1 year ago

That's cool Mark, thanks for making these!

1 month later
#1547 11 months ago

Im submitting my ticket for admission to the amusement park. Just picked it up.

1855C956-361B-4157-B666-622711E03665 (resized).jpeg1855C956-361B-4157-B666-622711E03665 (resized).jpeg41DEBDD1-A8CA-4EE5-944B-E3617ABC04C8 (resized).jpeg41DEBDD1-A8CA-4EE5-944B-E3617ABC04C8 (resized).jpeg6B4F4242-DE68-4FB5-9933-E5D7DC1C33FA (resized).jpeg6B4F4242-DE68-4FB5-9933-E5D7DC1C33FA (resized).jpeg7EEF7FB0-48CF-48F0-9F7A-D3D6E2C8602E (resized).jpeg7EEF7FB0-48CF-48F0-9F7A-D3D6E2C8602E (resized).jpeg9B41236B-76AB-47FF-AF4D-0866D4555672 (resized).jpeg9B41236B-76AB-47FF-AF4D-0866D4555672 (resized).jpegDCFC7612-40C7-4248-BAFA-733AAF5383F6 (resized).jpegDCFC7612-40C7-4248-BAFA-733AAF5383F6 (resized).jpeg
#1548 11 months ago
Quoted from cshelden:

Im submitting my ticket for admission to the amusement park. Just picked it up.

Congrats. Great machine. Interestingly, I have previously routed RUSH and Led Zeppelin at a local pizza shop, each for a year. But since I started routing Cyclone there a few months ago, its monthly earnings have been double what either of the other Stern titles earned. There really is a nostalgia factor for this title. Enjoy!

#1549 11 months ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Congrats. Great machine. Interestingly, I have previously routed RUSH and Led Zeppelin at a local pizza shop, each for a year. But since I started routing Cyclone there a few months ago, its monthly earnings have been double what either of the other Stern titles earned.

It’s highly playable by any player. Perhaps that is why. Plus it’s fun.

#1550 11 months ago

I just finished restoring my Cyclone today. As part of this project, I swapped the playfield. So, when I installed the new Cyclone ramp, it seemed to want to stay up high. When I installed the Comet ramp which sits on top of the Cyclone ramp, I had to push down quite a bit on the Comet ramp to be able to put the screw down into the post where the two ramps meet. I triple checked everything and I simply cannot get the Comet ramp down any lower. When I put the glass in the game, the glass rubs against the Comet ramp a bit.

Anyways when we played the first game, the ball went up the Cyclone ramp. When it got to the part where the Comet ramp sits on top of the Cyclone ramp the ball got stuck (see attached). Anyone have any idea what I might have done wrong and how to fix this?

Thank you.
20230430_165429_HDR (resized).jpg20230430_165429_HDR (resized).jpg20230430_165450 (resized).jpg20230430_165450 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 1,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only/page/31?hl=sawbill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.