pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
There are 1,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 37.
#101 10 years ago

Well, put my cyclone next to my led'ed high speed and boy did the lighting look bland. I installed cointakers kit for the GI, that made it much better, but i will certainly be at least getting the set for under the playfield. With that said, i really have no clue where all the bulbs they gave me were supposed to go. I put the blues under the blue playfied plastics, green, orange etc... But i had like 15 white bulbs left over. None were wedges, so that eliminated most of the places i could put them. Just stuck them in the back box.

Also cleaned a few dirty spots on the playfield while i was changing the rubber out. Much more time consuming on a cyclone than high speed.

Fiddled with ferris wheel to see what you guys are talking about and i can't for the life of me see how the ball could get stuck in it unless it was seriously bend up. I'm not sure i could get the back stuck in there if i tried.

BTW, do not drop any playfield rubber in the spook house, real PITA to get out.

#102 10 years ago

Shot my first double-score million-point Comet ramp shot tonight! Nice to be rewarded with the special sound.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

My ball sticks coming out of the ferris wheel 1/4 times and goes around 2 times. Has anyone solved this? I have an extra band ready in case that's part of the fix. I bought it just as a backup plan in case some day it's slipping on the motor with the original band.
thanks!
-mof

Mof, If your experiencing the ball not coming out of the ferris wheel onto the ramp but loops around, Jeff Z's Cyclone repair page has the fix about 1/2 way down. I had the same problem a while back, his remedy for the problem worked out perfect. Check it out:

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/repair/repair.html

Terrific resource, Good Luck!

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Mof, If your experiencing the ball not coming out of the ferris wheel onto the ramp but loops around, Jeff Z's Cyclone repair page has the fix about 1/2 way down. I had the same problem a while back, his remedy for the problem worked out perfect. Check it out:
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/repair/repair.html
Terrific resource, Good Luck!

Now i see what you guys are talking about, it's not getting stuck in the wheel, it's just not rolling out properly.

Man, can't wait to get replacement ramps after seeing those perfectly clear ones on that link.

#105 10 years ago

Cyclone topper?
What the heck is that 1 foot clown head piece of plastic supposed to be for in a CPR set?
-mof

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Cyclone topper?
What the heck is that 1 foot clown head piece of plastic supposed to be for in a CPR set?
-mof

Yep. (From the CPR website):

Williams CYCLONE
Reproduction Plastics Set with Topper & Promos

Artwork by Mike Lorrain, CPR Art Team

25-piece set, genuine 10-color ink-silkscreened on laser cut PETG. Includes clears, double Spook House plastics, two rare promo pieces, a custom key fob, and huge topper piece. Vivid colors and brand new, perfect replacement for scratched, yellowed, broken, or incomplete Cyclone plastics sets. Protective coatings unpeeled.

viperrwk

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Yep. (From the CPR website):
Williams CYCLONE
Reproduction Plastics Set with Topper & Promos
Artwork by Mike Lorrain, CPR Art Team
25-piece set, genuine 10-color ink-silkscreened on laser cut PETG. Includes clears, double Spook House plastics, two rare promo pieces, a custom key fob, and huge topper piece. Vivid colors and brand new, perfect replacement for scratched, yellowed, broken, or incomplete Cyclone plastics sets. Protective coatings unpeeled.
viperrwk

Sure, but um... has anyone actually used it as a topper? How in the world would you display it, (assuming you wanted to)
-mof

#108 10 years ago

It comes with mounting tabs - you screw it into the top of the head.

viperrwk

#109 10 years ago

We have a winner ...

Cyclone_Topper.jpgCyclone_Topper.jpg

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

We have a winner ...

Can I ask for a few close ups of the stand for it?
I have the plastic but no stand.
=/
-mof

#111 10 years ago

Sure, Home Depot has the L brackets, screws, washers and hex nuts. If you decide to mount it, I suggest you position it to the rear of the back box as to not see the hardware. I assume CPR did not include the hardware due to it might damage some of the plastic set.

Topper_(front).jpgTopper_(front).jpg Topper_(rear).jpgTopper_(rear).jpg

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Sure, Home Depot has the L brackets, screws, washers and hex nuts. If you decide to mount it, I suggest you position it to the rear of the back box as to not see the hardware. I assume CPR did not include the hardware due to it might damage some of the plastic set.

Any tricks to popping the holes? I'd hate to break it apart.
-mof

#113 10 years ago

To be honest with you, I do not remember if the holes were pre drilled (outlined) or I had to create the mounting holes on my own for the clown topper. Either way it should not be difficult. Just make sure you buy the L brackets first so you know where to drill the holes. Score the plastic first so your drill bit has something to grab onto!

1 month later
#114 10 years ago

Hey guys, found these yesterday.
Really good deal considering i paid $14 shipped for the ducks alone last month.

Must have more than one set, because i purchased already.
It has the ducks, cats and the spook house guy for $12 shipped total.

ebay.com link: Cyclone Pinball Target Stickers

BTW, put a few leds under my playfield. Would have said "all", but instead of buying a kit, i purchased my own, which i am clearly not qualified to do, didn't realize some are bayonet some are wedge. I got all wedges. It's ok, i will put the rest in the backboard.

I did however forget the circle/octagon multiplier lights right in the middle. Should i assume they should all be blue?

Also, the whites look sooooo much better with leds. I'd say the doing the white bulbs are a must.

Thanks,
Joe

#115 10 years ago

Only this group would appreciate this. While at the Houston Arcade Expo last weekend, I found a NOS Williams Cyclone Comet ramp. No decals. I thought it was a remake, but it was an original Williams. Set me back a $120.00... I figured it was a score.

I will have to post my restored Cyclone on here. At this point it's more new than old. New CPR playfiled, plastics, new pop bumpers, LEDs, mantis protectors (which i had to modify), LED display, flipper rebuild, and the list goes on...

#116 10 years ago

Yes, the octagon are all blue, but I mixed mine up and added some different colors to match the mystery wheel.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Hey guys, found these yesterday.
Really good deal considering i paid $14 shipped for the ducks alone last month.
Must have more than one set, because i purchased already.
It has the ducks, cats and the spook house guy for $12 shipped total.
Ebay link
BTW, put a few leds under my playfield. Would have said "all", but instead of buying a kit, i purchased my own, which i am clearly not qualified to do, didn't realize some are bayonet some are wedge. I got all wedges. It's ok, i will put the rest in the backboard.
I did however forget the circle/octagon multiplier lights right in the middle. Should i assume they should all be blue?
Also, the whites look sooooo much better with leds. I'd say the doing the white bulbs are a must.
Thanks,
Joe

The whites do look much better LED'd. I did those on my EATPM first and now my Cyclone. Color matching under plastics looks nice too. Just don't overdo one color. The right side of the playfield can get a little color bombed blue.

3 weeks later
#118 10 years ago

PSA: Planetary has repros of the speaker panel now.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

The whites do look much better LED'd. I did those on my EATPM first and now my Cyclone. Color matching under plastics looks nice too. Just don't overdo one color. The right side of the playfield can get a little color bombed blue.

i put color changers in the octagon multiplier looks great

#120 10 years ago

SOLVED thanks! I need to get the one with diode & transfer wireform or transfer diode instead.

I just started a new thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-identifying-a-williams-replacement-microswitch-please

But maybe someone here knows which replacement microswitch I need to order for the top rollover lanes?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Now that i'm in the club, i have a question.Hopefully not a dumb one.
When i goto a site to buy more duck decals (mine are seriously worn down), they also have rabbits.
I figured that was for the other side, but those targets on my cyclone have cats on them, and when i trigger them, they make a meow sounds, so i assume the rabbits don't go there.
Where do the rabbits go? Do they make repro's of the cats? Mine aren't worn too badly, but seems pinball suppliers wack you on shipping, so i'd rather order everything at once.

rabbits are for comet

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Does anyone know where to get the Cyclone flag set??
Mine has the American flag in the middle but that's it. Anyone have them? I heard they look great!

i have three flags american canadian and one red ,white, blue, three verticle stripe how many flags does cyclone have total? and does any one have a pic of them all and where they should be thanks Freddy

1 week later
#123 10 years ago

It has 17 in the early production runs. I bought a set of NOS flags (all 17) on Ebay a couple months ago so i did my best to place them based on the original flyer:
http://www.arcadegamesuperstore.com/images/pinball/cyclone-flyer2.jpg
hope this helps.

#124 10 years ago

btw, here is a photo of the flags.

flags.pngflags.png
#125 10 years ago

Anyone Cyclone owners here tell me where I can this part missing from my ramp? The part that reads "Ride the Cyclone three times to get Jackpot"

image-4.jpgimage-4.jpg
1 week later
#127 10 years ago

I'm struggling with the outlanes in Cyclone. They destroy me like no other machine I have.

Has anyone tweaked theirs to make them slightly more forgiving?

Is there some skill I'm missing to make those things less auto-drain?

thanks!
-mof

#128 10 years ago

rpageler thanks for the flag pics i belive i can fab some from your picture.

mof if the out lane drains bother you try adjusting your table in or out of level its your game make it so you enjoy playing it.

#129 10 years ago

Cyclone targets.jpgCyclone targets.jpg jcar302 here are targets

Cyclone targets-502.jpgCyclone targets-502.jpg
#130 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm struggling with the outlanes in Cyclone. They destroy me like no other machine I have.
Has anyone tweaked theirs to make them slightly more forgiving?
Is there some skill I'm missing to make those things less auto-drain?
thanks!
-mof

I agree, i find that i have too many plays where i never even get to hit the ball a single time. I'm getting tired of worrying every time that i hit the ball into the upper part of the playfield that i really have no control over what happens next.

Freddy, thanks for the pics, i got a couple sets back a month or two now.

#131 10 years ago

Its all about nudging skills with cyclone to avoid side drains.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

rpageler thanks for the flag pics i belive i can fab some from your picture.

There is a discussion out there somewhere in which the person recreated the flags and founds some similar springs that worked...even gave a part # from home depot. wish i had book marked it.

#133 10 years ago

Trying my hand at a ferris wheel rubber replacement, pray for me !
-mof

8:30pm starting...

201312-cyc-ferris-1.jpg201312-cyc-ferris-1.jpg

9:00pm ferris wheel out, cleaning the heck out of it... Oh crap, this 30 minute experiment is going to turn into 3 hours, no doubt, I'll be cleaning everything... haha.

201312-cyc-ferris-clean-wheel.jpg201312-cyc-ferris-clean-wheel.jpg

#134 10 years ago

Just finished... (2 hours total, no biggie at all)

New Ferris Wheel Rubber installed, and 0 fail transfers of the ball = no need whatsoever to install that hack. It's true, use a good clear hard rubber, and the wheel just flies around. I think that extra velocity means the ball never sticks to the wheel.

Also...

I added condoms to the two incandescent bulbs that were Line of Sight, and now, it just adds to the overall colorful look. I am really happy with it.

-mof

Under looks clean now !
201312-cyc-ferris-under.jpg201312-cyc-ferris-under.jpg

All and all much nicer... Finished !
201312-cyc-ferris-finished.jpg201312-cyc-ferris-finished.jpg

#135 10 years ago

I'm feeling very good about the overall approach to an outdoor carnival scene, which in my opinion MUST be all incandescent. Just used LEDs under the 10 green/red/blue inserts in the lower PF, and used 4 bulb condoms to remedy the poor line of sight design on 4 bulbs. All fixed ! (left the rest 44s, and then 47s in the backglass to keep the heat down.)

I now have bulb condoms on the three trouble spots:

Yellow left, Blue right, Green top left in the "tree" area.

Check it !

Blue right
201312-cyc-LOS1.jpg201312-cyc-LOS1.jpg
Yellow left
201312-cyc-LOS2.jpg201312-cyc-LOS2.jpg
Green up top
201312-cyc-LOS3-4.jpg201312-cyc-LOS3-4.jpg
Finished !
201312-cyc-LOS-4condoms.jpg201312-cyc-LOS-4condoms.jpg

#136 10 years ago

I initially had some bright LEDs in those troublespots you mentioned but they were extremely blinding. I swapped in some dimmer color changing LEDs and now it's perfect. Your game looks great!

#137 10 years ago

What drives up the jackpot in Cyclone?
-mof

#138 10 years ago

By playing hours and hours of Cyclone, my pinball skills have just gone up 20%... I can't believe I almost put this thing on the chopping block out of frustration. It forces you to become an aim-master AND a ball control-master. Wow... Never again judge a game without FRESH rubbers to allow for more ball control. I learned my lesson !
Not to mention Treasure Coving the mylar, and waxing the unmylared areas... This thing is playing like it should now...
-mof

#139 10 years ago

I picked up my Cyclone here just in the past couple months and just now have it back together, so havn't played too much. My biggest gripe so far is the boomerang. Are they supposed to be so darn loud when ejecting the ball? It's like metal hitting metal (which it is) just sounds awful IMO. Was thinking of modifying it to quiet it down a bit. Anyone else have issues with there's? Also, sometimes it takes 2 shots to even get the ball out. Fun game though. LEDS look good in this one.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I picked up my Cyclone here just in the past couple months and just now have it back together, so havn't played too much. My biggest gripe so far is the boomerang. Are they supposed to be so darn loud when ejecting the ball?

No. Mine is rather quiet. Let us know what you find when you look into it.
-mof

#141 10 years ago

Don't know if anyone has posted any info on this either, but calibrating the Mystery Wheel. Sometimes it's on, sometimes it's off. And sometimes before it even says "round and round she goes" , it already has decided want your reward is, and I forget what shows up on the display, but it doesn't seem normal. Just curious what other problems people have with this and what general maintenance is typical to keep them working as they should.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Don't know if anyone has posted any info on this either, but calibrating the Mystery Wheel. Sometimes it's on, sometimes it's off. And sometimes before it even says "round and round she goes" , it already has decided want your reward is, and I forget what shows up on the display, but it doesn't seem normal. Just curious what other problems people have with this and what general maintenance is typical to keep them working as they should.

Mine does this too. It works for a while, then doesn't and it puts what appears to be "1"s across the display before displaying a score. Then it corrects itself and works fine for a while. At least it doesn't affect game play...
-mof

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Mine does this too. It works for a while, then doesn't and it puts what appears to be "1"s across the display before displaying a score. Then it corrects itself and works fine for a while. At least it doesn't affect game play...
-mof

That's about exactly it. It's almost like it has to get warmed up. After about hour Xmas night, it was working fine every time, then the next day, you fire it up and it's all bleeped up again.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What drives up the jackpot in Cyclone?
-mof

The Gate Jackpot has minimum and maximum values of 500k and 4M points and carries over from one game to the next. If the current Gate Jackpot is between 500k and 1M, an additional 1M points are added to the Jackpot after all earned credits have been exhausted. Thus each new player will have a starting Gate Jackpot value of at least around 1.5M points. The Gate Jackpot's value is displayed in lights on the left side of the backglass and is increased by 5k points with each pass through one of the three top rollover lanes.

#146 10 years ago

Did an apron clean out + solenoid cleaning. Wow. Trough ball feed pops the ball LOUDLY into the shooter lane now. Worth it !!!
=)
-mof

Before and After

201312-cyclone-apron-cleanout.jpg201312-cyclone-apron-cleanout.jpg
201312-cyclone-apron-after.jpg201312-cyclone-apron-after.jpg

#147 10 years ago

Has anyone tried adding a lamp socket to:

1. drac hole?
2. boomerang?
3. cut through ball trough to light up the clown?

Thinking about what to try next...

-mof

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Has anyone tried adding a lamp socket to:
1. drac hole?
2. boomerang?
3. cut through ball trough to light up the clown?
Thinking about what to try next...
-mof

I'm doing the lighted flipper buttons, you could do that next?

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I'm doing the lighted flipper buttons, you could do that next?

thanks...

My goal is to brighten up the playfield a little... looking for a few spots to add light/color.
-mof

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

thanks...
My goal is to brighten up the playfield a little... looking for a few spots to add light/color.
-mof

Since this is one of the few games if not the only one with red posts on the left side and blue posts on the right side of the playfield, I added some blue on the right and red on the left and threw in some nice green up top around and near the ferris wheel. Definitely add LEDS in the backbox, makes a big difference IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 1,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.