pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
There are 1,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 37.
#951 3 years ago

Jackpot doesn’t double, but Comet Million does! Double Comet Million and 7x bonus keep me coming back. I’ve only done each of those once.

I like trying to get the combo challenge I made up for myself—Cyclone to right flipper, then Comet to right flipper, then Ferris Wheel to left flipper (and repeat!).

#952 3 years ago

Nice, I will have to try that out

#953 3 years ago

Yeah, I remember the first time I hit the no double, double Jackpot. Whaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaa!

#954 3 years ago

I was looking at the promotional flier and noticed that the spookhouse drop target decal was different in that early picture. I hadn't noticed that before. I was always too distracted by the flags.
Cyclone Spookhouse Drop (resized).pngCyclone Spookhouse Drop (resized).png

Now I'm looking at it like it's like a spot the differences game:
- flags
- spookhouse drop target
- speaker surround plastic
- green on the "Ride the Cyclone" decal (mine is red)
- no ducks on the shooting gallery (even though the text in the flier says "hitting all 3 ducks")
- no cats in the ball toss (flier mentions cats too)
- apron says Lane Change
- coin door is different than mine (photo looks like my System 9 Sorcerer)

Also interesting that the machine pictured in the flier photo is showing P-0 as the ROM version. I've had the flier framed on my wall for years and hadn't noticed most of those things before.

#955 3 years ago

Cool, never looked that close before. I'll take a look at my Cyclone and other fliers.

Speaking of flags, here is a pic of some of the other options. Unfortunatly I don't have the full page....

16060575770971483508054 (resized).jpg16060575770971483508054 (resized).jpg
#956 3 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

- apron says Lane Change

Your apron doesn't say "lane change"? Mine does.

I notice the monorail plastic is missing. It's called the Shuttle Train on the flier.

#957 3 years ago

So, to change things up a bit.... how about those flags? Who produced the “extra” ones and is there a way to get those made for those owners that are missing the extra flags?

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

So, to change things up a bit.... how about those flags? Who produced the “extra” ones and is there a way to get those made for those owners that are missing the extra flags?

I assume the machines came with the extra flags when they were first sold. My set came with my used machine, but I have seem them on ebay every so often.

#959 3 years ago

Today I was telling my kids that the governor of Maryland didn't want to vote for Trump or Biden, so he voted for Ronald Reagan. They asked...Who's that? The guy in the front seat of the Cyclone of course!

#960 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I assume the machines came with the extra flags when they were first sold. My set came with my used machine, but I have seem them on ebay every so often.

Mine doesn't have nary a one on it. Might try to replicate one day....

#961 3 years ago

I made an error on my question earlier (shows you how very few times I have accomplished it) ... it is not a 999 point bonus, but either a 999k or a 99k bonus. It awards after the normal bonus, when you get it. Only did it 2 maybe 3 times since January 1998 and I play it a lot. Still haven't figured out what awards that. It also plays a unique short tune... "doodly doot de doo" for a lack of a way to "sing " the tune on a forum lol.

#962 3 years ago

I did the flags on my game. Scroll down toward the bottom of the page...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/repair/repair.html

shop-46big (resized).jpgshop-46big (resized).jpg

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Your apron doesn't say "lane change"? Mine does.

And Jeff Zee's does too! Do I have the wrong apron?!

8B6CC637-F09A-46C3-B797-129A72ABEF15 (resized).jpeg8B6CC637-F09A-46C3-B797-129A72ABEF15 (resized).jpeg

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from Chooch249:

I made an error on my question earlier (shows you how very few times I have accomplished it) ... it is not a 999 point bonus, but either a 999k or a 99k bonus. It awards after the normal bonus, when you get it. Only did it 2 maybe 3 times since January 1998 and I play it a lot. Still haven't figured out what awards that. It also plays a unique short tune... "doodly doot de doo" for a lack of a way to "sing " the tune on a forum lol.

After looking around the web I think I may have figured it out. Apparently the max bonus is 99K. So I'm guessing it plays the same song as the 7X when you accomplish that??? That would require quite a long ball time, would make sense that it's kinda rare. Ways to increase bonus (form another site, actually Jeff's who is a few post above)...

https://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/rules/rules.html#:~:text=The%20Cyclone%20ramp%20is%20lit,to%20score%20the%20Gate%20Jackpot.

The end of ball bonus increases by 1k points for each of the following: start of ball, each rollover, each stationary target and each inlane. Outlanes are worth 3k points

#965 3 years ago

I manually dropped the ball into the boomerang 7x last night to see. It does award 100k and makes a sound, but not the tune I was referring to, and def said "100K" but without the word "bonus", and was awarded on the spot. Whatever does what I am referring to is a totally unique sound and was either 99k or 999k "bonus" and awarded at the end of a ball and in addition to and after the regular bonus. I think I am going to go thru audits and check sounds and see if that tune comes up and what it is labeled as.... maybe that will tell us.
Or maybe I am mistaken and it is just the total bonus and plays the song because you maxed it out... like I said, I have only done it 2x maybe 3x in over 2 years. For whatever reason I thought it was an additional bonus after the regular bonus.

#966 3 years ago

Yup, different song. I cheated...

#967 3 years ago

CHEATER!!! lol. so what is the best way to increase the jackpot?

#968 3 years ago

I've never heard that tune on mine.....yet

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

CHEATER!!! lol. so what is the best way to increase the jackpot?

Yup, the highest I got was 40k in about 20 games. Not even half way there. I did learn that the Hold Bonus does 2 things. 1. It carries the bonus over to the next ball. 2. If you achieve the Hold Bonus on your last ball, you get all the total of all the Hold Bonuses from the game. I knew about 2 but not 1.

To increase the Jackpot jackpot? Only way to do that is hit the 1-2-3 rollovers as many time as you can.

To increase the bonus? Seems like my best bet is riding the Comet over and over. I tried to shoot the ducks a bunch, but got way to many fast outlane drains. I guess a good strategy might be to achieve the Hold Bonus on as many balls as you can, that way it carries over. At any rate, 99K is probably beyond my skill level.

#970 3 years ago

Jaytrem.. YEP! That's it. I manually maxed the bonus to 99k and it makes the sound and flashes 99,000 when you get it. Nothing additional on top of the bonus you already had, just that you hit the max. Now back to the 7x.... who else besides me thinks that it's a gyp that after getting the 100K it resets back to zero x? 2x thru 6x always remains where you're at on the next ball. Maybe not give you 100k again but keep the 7x . Geez.

#971 3 years ago

Pretty risky shots to get 99k isn’t it? For that same amount of shots, you can get 1 mill on the comet

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I did the flags on my game. Scroll down toward the bottom of the page...
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/repair/repair.html
[quoted image]

Quoted from metalkatt:

There's a discussion about the flags from 2005 that is very interesting (before Mark Clayton died). Here it is (rec.games.pinball usenet group). I advise anyone interested in this topic to print/save that discussion before it's gone for good. Some highlights:

* There were originally 17 unique flags.

* David Eisner of http://www.pinwest.ca made the flags originally. Mark Clayton took it over when he stopped. the pinwest website is down as far as I can tell.

* Another David -- David Gersic -- says he has Photoshop PSD files for the flag images. Someone contact him!

* The springs David Eisner used (not Mark's shifty ones) are Handyman SP-9606 (5/32" x 2.5" x 0.20 or in metric 4mm x 6.4 cm x .5 mm). I was able to buy some on ebay in Feb 2019. Here's a link for pack of 2:
ebay.com link: Prime Line Handyman SP 9606 Extension Spring 5 32 by 2 1 2 Pack of 2

There may be other places to buy. I have not actually used mine yet.

#973 3 years ago

Thanks for the flag info. I think I have 16 out of the 17. Figured I was missing more than that since my sheet starts at #8 (see post above). I can clean up that page and scan them if anybody would like a copy.

Now should we move on to the left monorail vs. right monorail debate? Left monorail rules!!!

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I can clean up that page and scan them if anybody would like a copy.

yes, please!!!

#975 3 years ago

ditto

#976 3 years ago

The flags cleaned up pretty well. Got them under a coffe table book overnight to hopefully flatten and stick better The USA and France are not on there, couldn't easily find them. Those 2 were on the game when I got it. I did find a flat Canada and was able to unstick the heart flag.

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks for the flag info. I think I have 16 out of the 17. Figured I was missing more than that since my sheet starts at #8 (see post above). I can clean up that page and scan them if anybody would like a copy.
Now should we move on to the left monorail vs. right monorail debate? Left monorail rules!!!

Yes please
Cheers

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I can clean up that page and scan them if anybody would like a copy.

I'm in. Please and thank you

#979 3 years ago

Count me in too! I only have the USA flag in mine

#980 3 years ago

I have A sheet with some original flags

FED6D94F-BA3D-4B7A-A98E-8C82591A353E (resized).jpegFED6D94F-BA3D-4B7A-A98E-8C82591A353E (resized).jpeg
#981 3 years ago

Scans are done. Not the greatest, but should be good enough to reproduce the flags. Below are the Google Drive links. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pn-N70M6xqz-HO9IpOcWNHamL6Jp4fFa/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ktoynn_fthdT4ij4o9fYQLpdeJAWnaZq/view?usp=sharing

#982 3 years ago

My cyclone doesn't have the flags at all. I have seen a few out in the wild back when the game was new with flags. I figured it was in a bag with the game when new and was an operator installed thing and most just didn't install it. Kinda surprised that with all the re-pro stuff out there these have yet to be remade.

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Scans are done. Not the greatest, but should be good enough to reproduce the flags. Below are the Google Drive links. Enjoy!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pn-N70M6xqz-HO9IpOcWNHamL6Jp4fFa/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ktoynn_fthdT4ij4o9fYQLpdeJAWnaZq/view?usp=sharing

Thank you, on the project list!

#984 3 years ago

Thanks Jay

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Jay, can you measure the size of the sheet (width / length). I'm going to print these professionally and try to provide to the community.

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from grimholtz:

Jay, can you measure the size of the sheet (width / length). I'm going to print these professionally and provide to the community along with the springs.

Cool, no problem.

Both shapes are: 82mm x 25 mm. The triangle ones tend to have some slight variance, but that seem to be due to sloppy cutting.

Looks like the one I'm completely missing is the Orange White Green (or is it black?) rectangle. Reverse Irish flag??? I think I might know where my USA and France flags are. Need to move a pin to get to them.

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Thank you, on the project list!

Nice avatar!!! I have a huge collection of old space Legos. Used to fill up a double decker 6X8 layout. No where to set them up here, so been thinking of selling and buying another pin.

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Nice avatar!!! I have a huge collection of old space Legos. Used to fill up a double decker 6X8 layout. No where to set them up here, so been thinking of selling and buying another pin.

Thanks, this is actually a picture of my OG’s, my dad bought my first sets for me when we lived in the UK in 78-1980. Luckily these survived!

Bought some spring sets on eBay, have two OG’s in mine

6CAAEA15-E8B8-4773-9E10-AB7364FFCBF0 (resized).jpeg6CAAEA15-E8B8-4773-9E10-AB7364FFCBF0 (resized).jpeg
#989 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks for sharing these! I recently purchased some laser printable vinyl to make some replacement target decals and the vinyl will work perfectly for these flags!

#990 3 years ago

Arrrrrrrggggggg!!!!!

Today, I had my Cyclone powered up, I wasn't paying too much attention to it, but I heard several chimes, as though it was rebooting then, BAM! Everything went dark except for G.I. No display, no MPU test lights, nada. Should I assume power supply? I'm fairly unfamiliar with SS. How do you check voltage on the power supplies? If the machine sits, turned off for a while and I turn it back on, the knocker fires once, the +5v LED lights and then goes back out. All fuses check out good.

Thanks.

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Arrrrrrrggggggg!!!!!
Today, I had my Cyclone powered up, I wasn't paying too much attention to it, but I heard several chimes, as though it was rebooting then, BAM! Everything went dark except for G.I. No display, no MPU test lights, nada. Should I assume power supply? I'm fairly unfamiliar with SS. How do you check voltage on the power supplies? If the machine sits, turned off for a while and I turn it back on, the knocker fires once, the +5v LED lights and then goes back out. All fuses check out good.
Thanks.

You definitely need to check the power supply but if you aren’t familiar with testing electronics you may want to consult with somebody familiar with that type of work. There are hazardous voltages present in power supplies and you can get bit poking around. Schematics are readily available and you may want to read the pin wiki for system 11 games which should cover common issues and troubleshooting. It’s likely that if your power supply is original it needs to be rebuilt with new capacitors which is pretty straightforward if you are good with a soldering iron.

#992 3 years ago

Thanks, I'll check the HV side and see what readings I get. I'd rather not spend the money on a replacement board right now.

I suspect a cap blew as I'm pretty sure I heard a small pop, but can't be sure. I don't see any obvious damage.

Stay tuned.......

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Thanks, I'll check the HV side and see what readings I get. I'd rather not spend the money on a replacement board right now.
I suspect a cap blew as I'm pretty sure I heard a small pop, but can't be sure. I don't see any obvious damage.
Stay tuned.......

When Caps blow they are pretty obvious and usually stink very bad. You need to verify the 5vdc section (MPU unplugged then plugged in) first.

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

When Caps blow they are pretty obvious and usually stink very bad. You need to verify the 5vdc section (MPU unplugged then plugged in) first.

thx, I'll check voltages at TP 1-4 if that's how to do it.

#995 3 years ago

Just in case you need them, you can download the manual/schematics here...

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=617

#996 3 years ago

I knew I had these original laying around!
14 out of the 17.
If someone wants pm me with an offer.

BEAA0BAF-671B-4C23-BA01-93F807B811E1 (resized).jpegBEAA0BAF-671B-4C23-BA01-93F807B811E1 (resized).jpeg
#997 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Just in case you need them, you can download the manual/schematics here...

Thx, gottem.

#998 3 years ago

to continue.....

I'll probably take this to a different thread, as it isn't Cyclone specific. Before I do that, Here are my readings. 3J5-4 and 3J5-3 are correct. 3J5-6 is only .65VDC, 3J6-2 is -43VDC, While all of the 5VDC pins on 3J6 read 1.3VDC.

Sounds like a pretty sick power supply. Any thoughts on what to look at?

Thanks

#999 3 years ago

Had a couple people ask about the flag kit, so we ran the OEM springs as well as the original flag art (and added some bonus flags) - now available. Also have the springs 10-405. On the main page just got them sorted out today!

Planetary Pinball

10-405x17 (resized).jpg10-405x17 (resized).jpgPF-FLAG-KIT (resized).pngPF-FLAG-KIT (resized).png
#1000 3 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Had a couple people ask about the flag kit, so we ran the OEM springs as well as the original flag art (and added some bonus flags) - now available. Also have the springs 10-405. On the main page just got them sorted out today!
Planetary Pinball[quoted image][quoted image]

Thats Awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 1,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.