pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
There are 1,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 37.
#902 3 years ago

Im a new owner of a Cyclone (about 2 months now). while searching for info I found this post. I looked for a cyclone for years until I recently found one local. It is a blast to play and I have alot to learn about how to maximize my scoring (4.7M is my best score so far).

I came to Pinside due to a problem that occurred today. The mystery wheel stop spinning today. I put the ball into dracula cave three times and no spin, but it did give me points (different each time). I am lost on where to start as I have never messed with one nor am I an electronics person... . I have not read thru all 19 pages yet to see if anyone has posted a similar issue I hope it is something easy...

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from Boones:

Im a new owner of a Cyclone (about 2 months now). while searching for info I found this post. I looked for a cyclone for years until I recently found one local. It is a blast to play and I have alot to learn about how to maximize my scoring (4.7M is my best score so far).
I came to Pinside due to a problem that occurred today. The mystery wheel stop spinning today. I put the ball into dracula cave three times and no spin, but it did give me points (different each time). I am lost on where to start as I have never messed with one nor am I an electronics person... . I have not read thru all 19 pages yet to see if anyone has posted a similar issue I hope it is something easy...

When mine did this on Diner it was an opto on the board behind the wheel (same mech). On my Cyclone the same problem was a chip on the main board. I tested the signal using a probe and the schematics.

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from Boones:

I too brought one home only a few weeks ago. My wheel was working perfectly then stopped spinning correctly, would give the score, and '1's would appear on the display. Occasionally on boot up it would give me an error message. All I did to fix mine was remove the back glass and rotated the wheel with my hand with the machine off. My wheel has a lot of run out on it. I resolved that I was going to have to replace the wheel or the motor, put the back glass back in and it has worked flawlessly ever since, And this machine gets played fervently.

#905 3 years ago

I just picked up a Cyclone that didn't have a speaker panel, so I am looking to buy one or make one. Is there another game that uses the same wooden panel?

Can someone take a picture of their wooden panel so I can see how its laid out to try and match it to another game?

Thanks

#906 3 years ago

Outside pic (inside coming in a few min)...

16047547426721948159929 (resized).jpg16047547426721948159929 (resized).jpg
#907 3 years ago

Wood is 27 3/16 X 7 1/2.

16047550771352031867011 (resized).jpg16047550771352031867011 (resized).jpg16047551515641113101042 (resized).jpg16047551515641113101042 (resized).jpg

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Wood is 27 3/16 X 7 1/2.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it just a one big square hole in the wood for the displays?

#909 3 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Is it just a one big square hole in the wood for the displays?

Yes, 1 big hole.

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Yes, 1 big hole.

Cool thanks.

#911 3 years ago

i have an extra front plastic face if you'd like it. It's not perfect but will do if you have nothing.

IMG_8982[21011] (resized).jpgIMG_8982[21011] (resized).jpg
#912 3 years ago

OK, this is going to probably sound very dumb, but I have only done it a small handful of times and have yet to figure out what awards it...... what gives you the "999 points bonus" at the end of a ball, with the short little "special tune"? Haven't figured out what I did to earn it yet.... and nothing in the rules sheet mentions it.

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from Chooch249:

OK, this is going to probably sound very dumb, but I have only done it a small handful of times and have yet to figure out what awards it...... what gives you the "999 points bonus" at the end of a ball, with the short little "special tune"? Haven't figured out what I did to earn it yet.... and nothing in the rules sheet mentions it.

I believe this occurs when you get the multiplier to 7x (max) by entering the boomerang.

#914 3 years ago

Two quick questions for Cyclone.

1. Is it worth getting an OCD LED for this game? I have it currently fitted out with NG LEDs and it seems fine, a bit harsh at times but liveable. From what I've read on the OCD LED website, my NG LEDs might not work well so I would be looking at swapping out to regular LEDs. Just wondering if anyone has done it and if it was worth it to smooth things out a bit.

2. Still on the lighting side, does anyone have ghosting on their inserts after a swap to LEDs? As stated above, I used NG LEDs for the inserts but I'm still getting ghosting on some lamps that share the same row as the lighted LED. eg. If the 'HOLD' lamp is lit, the 'Ride Again', 'WL Ferris Wheel Bonus', '2X' and left outlane 'Extra Ball' glow or flash dimly. This does not appear to happen if I swap back to the incandescent bulbs, likely due to the greater current required to light up the filament.

Question 2 is why I was looking into the OCD LED. I'm still trying to see if I can track down the cause of the flicker but would appreciate some input.

Thanks, Thom.

#915 3 years ago

I've got ghosting on my shoot again and extra ball inserts. Been playing around with different bulbs and have a some regular ones on the way, and I just ordered the OCD LED relay kit. My biggest problem is that when I hook up the strip lighting for the shooter lane and the ball return it pops my GI fuses, can't wrap my head around that one, so I've ordered a separate power supply for them as well

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from Chooch249:

999 bonus points does not sound familiar at all. Doesn't even make sense since the score always ends with zero. I just got 7x and it played the fancy song during the bonus calculation, but I didn't see anything about 999. On a side note, I think the boomerang is a million point shot once 7x is lit. But since it resets the bonus for the next ball, you have to get it on the same ball that you got the 7x with, . I've done that a grand total of 1 time! That boomerang is a tough shot!

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from Shewmanga:

I've got ghosting on my shoot again and extra ball inserts.

I get some very very slight ghosting in those. Not enough to bother me. I did by the LED OCD for my RCT, tried a few different bulbs but couldn't get rid of the terrible ghosting. The LED OCD took care of it no problem, great product!

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

999 bonus points does not sound familiar at all. Doesn't even make sense since the score always ends with zero. I just got 7x and it played the fancy song during the bonus calculation, but I didn't see anything about 999. On a side note, I think the boomerang is a million point shot once 7x is lit. But since it resets the bonus for the next ball, you have to get it on the same ball that you got the 7x with, . I've done that a grand total of 1 time! That boomerang is a tough shot!

I've never hit the boomerang more than 5 times on the same ball. Gee, thanks, now I have an impossible goal to reach lol

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Shewmanga:

I've never hit the boomerang more than 5 times on the same ball. Gee, thanks, now I have an impossible goal to reach lol

Oh you don't to hit them all on the same ball. Just have to hit 7x and the next one for the million points.

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Oh you don't to hit them all on the same ball. Just have to hit 7x and the next one for the million points.

So, I had to know, took off the glass and ran the ball through the left inlane and then rolled it in the boomerang. Never got any special song and my reward is 100k not a mil. Settings different?

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from Shewmanga:

So, I had to know, took off the glass and ran the ball through the left inlane and then rolled it in the boomerang. Never got any special song and my reward is 100k not a mil. Settings different?

I'm sure your 100k is correct. I only managed it once and it was a while ago. Remembered it was some good points, so was thinking 1 million.

Special song if after the ball drains at the end of the bonus award. It's just a quick short song.

I'd still love to know what the 999 thing is.

#922 3 years ago

Not sure I've ever got 7x with the hold bonus, maybe something there? That would be even more rare.

#923 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Not sure I've ever got 7x with the hold bonus, maybe something there? That would be even more rare.

well, like I said, now I have an impossible goal to reach. Considering it drains around half the time it comes out too? Pret near impossible.....

#924 3 years ago

Little tribute to Cyclone (the only pinball I own). Thought this group would enjoy it.

"Hey, you with the face"

theface.pngtheface.png
#925 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

For me, the boomerang is about getting the replay - for that I think you need to hit it 4-5 times. It‘s so dangerous though, coming out of the boomerang, sometimes going to the left flipper (mostly) and sometimes to the right flipper.

#926 3 years ago

If you roll the display then your high score shows up as 9,999,999. That's the only thing I can think of with all 9s.

I only recently discovered the little 7x sound and light show. Sometimes I play just for that.

#927 3 years ago
Quoted from lastlight:

Little tribute to Cyclone (the only pinball I own). Thought this group would enjoy it.
"Hey, you with the face"
[quoted image]

Nice work!!! that is pretty awesome

#928 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

For me, the boomerang is about getting the replay - for that I think you need to hit it 4-5 times.

My machine is set to auto adjust things so they're not too easy. I assume that can be turned off. At any rate mine is up to 6x now for special, so it almost never happens.

#929 3 years ago

Been shooting the boomerang so much that my blinking number is now 7X. That means it's almost impossible for me to get the 7X hold bonus. I have the machine set to give me an extra ball when the blinking number is achieved. So last game last ball I hit 7X and then hit the last duck to qualify the hold bonus. Since I had the extra ball it was no longer the last, so no bonus for me. Guess I need to adjust the settings. I did also manage to hit the 100K after 7X for the 2nd time ever. Barely missed the next shot too, that hurt. Wonder what that would have been worth, I'll guess 100K again. Let's see who can find out, no glass removal allowed!!!

16055627556861299090672 (resized).jpg16055627556861299090672 (resized).jpg

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from Taurontex:

Two quick questions for Cyclone.

2. Still on the lighting side, does anyone have ghosting on their inserts after a swap to LEDs? As stated above, I used NG LEDs for the inserts but I'm still getting ghosting on some lamps that share the same row as the lighted LED. eg. If the 'HOLD' lamp is lit, the 'Ride Again', 'WL Ferris Wheel Bonus', '2X' and left outlane 'Extra Ball' glow or flash dimly. This does not appear to happen if I swap back to the incandescent bulbs, likely due to the greater current required to light up the filament.
Question 2 is why I was looking into the OCD LED. I'm still trying to see if I can track down the cause of the flicker but would appreciate some input.
Thanks, Thom.

I have no ghosting on my machine at all, but I'm using the 1smd non-ghosting bulbs from Comet on all playfield inserts. I use the 2smd frosted on GI.

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

My machine is set to auto adjust things so they're not too easy. I assume that can be turned off. At any rate mine is up to 6x now for special, so it almost never happens.

Mine is up to five.

#932 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Been shooting the boomerang so much that my blinking number is now 7X. That means it's almost impossible for me to get the 7X hold bonus. I have the machine set to give me an extra ball when the blinking number is achieved. So last game last ball I hit 7X and then hit the last duck to qualify the hold bonus. Since I had the extra ball it was no longer the last, so no bonus for me. Guess I need to adjust the settings. I did also manage to hit the 100K after 7X for the 2nd time ever. Barely missed the next shot too, that hurt. Wonder what that would have been worth, I'll guess 100K again. Let's see who can find out, no glass removal allowed!!!

I'm stoked - we're finally having a rules discussion in the Cyclone thread ! I'm a bit confused though - with the bonus multipliers inserts, if they're blinking they're qualified and ready to collect ? And if you make it to 7x (solid, I assume) then hitting it gets you 100K ? (seems kind of measly, considering all that work !). So if you're playing that strategy then you'd want to be racking up the bonus during play (I forget which switches award which bonus, but I think that is documented in various instructions) and try to get the hold bonus. I've never actually played Cyclone that way - it sounds like fun - I'm usually going for the ramp jackpots and double scores all the time - is it even possible getting a comparable number of points going for bonus and multipliers ?

At least on my game, it wouldn't seem worth it going for an extra ball off the boomerang - I loose too many balls either by missing the boomerang and rebounding into the right outlane or trying to handle it coming out of the boomerang (usually also into the right outlane). I get a replay after 4-5 hits. Same with the duck targets - too hard to get them 3 times on a single ball to go for the extra ball.

I think I need to dip into the menu adjustments to see what else there is.

#933 3 years ago

8/10 my ball goes down the drain when it comes out of the boomerang. Gonna replace my flipper bushings as they have some slop in them. Hopefully that'll help. For that very reason I try to avoid the spook house and the boomerang

#934 3 years ago

I have at most 1 out of 25 drain from the boomerang, it's very rare. Sounds like you need an adjustment of some type.

Still no luck getting the 7X hold bonus. I turned my blinker back to 4x. So that's all I've been trying to do. I did get a huge jackpot by accident! Haven't had it that high in ages.

#935 3 years ago

Just put up my highest score yet
20201117_120912 (resized).jpg20201117_120912 (resized).jpg
Edited to say the '9' was flashing on and off and muh phone didn't catch it

#936 3 years ago

Need 1 boomerang and 1 duck, can I do it???

16056486501171569277342 (resized).jpg16056486501171569277342 (resized).jpg

#937 3 years ago

Nope, missed both.

#938 3 years ago

Success!!! Finally got the 7X Hold Bonus. Probably took about 50 games. Turns out it just plays the same mini song that is plays for the regular bonus.

Still no clue what the 999 thing might be though???

#939 3 years ago

Hi all,

Any ideas why my Cyclone (I'm sure this isn't just a Cyclone thing) occasionally resets in the middle of a ball?

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,
Any ideas why my Cyclone (I'm sure this isn't just a Cyclone thing) occasionally resets in the middle of a ball?

Hmmm, reply button switch gap too small? Might be a good idea to post in the system 11 thread.

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I have at most 1 out of 25 drain from the boomerang, it's very rare. Sounds like you need an adjustment of some type.
Still no luck getting the 7X hold bonus. I turned my blinker back to 4x. So that's all I've been trying to do. I did get a huge jackpot by accident! Haven't had it that high in ages.

This is how mine plays as well. Never goes straight into the drain.

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

This is how mine plays as well. Never goes straight into the drain.

Most of the time it comes out strong towards the right. If I catch it just right I can keep it in play. If I don't, it's gone. About 1/4 of the time it comes out weak on the left. I've checked everything and can find no problems, unless I don't know what I'm looking for. Movement is free, kinda might be a bit sloppy. Only thing I know I've got wrong is my flipper bushings are a bit worn and have a new set on the way

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Hmmm, reply button switch gap too small? Might be a good idea to post in the system 11 thread.

Thx

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Mine was doing this a few months ago. It’s the power supply. Check your voltages. I did a cap kit and the can transistor on the big heat sink. Had to replace the socket too. No resets now

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Hi all,

Above was for you. Accidentally hit wrong quote

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Mine was doing this a few months ago. It’s the power supply. Check your voltages. I did a cap kit and the can transistor on the big heat sink. Had to replace the socket too. No resets now

Thank you.

The machine used to just do it on a four player game. Yesterday is rebooted during the second ball of a one player game.

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Thank you.
The machine used to just do it on a four player game. Yesterday is rebooted during the second ball of a one player game.

yup mine was doing the same. check your voltages coming from the power supply. If I remember correctly, it is the top connector. then check the cpu and make sure it is getting the +5

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

yup mine was doing the same. check your voltages coming from the power supply. If I remember correctly, it is the top connector. then check the cpu and make sure it is getting the +5

Will do, thx.

#949 3 years ago

hi, looking for the spook house plastic. any out there?

thanks,

#950 3 years ago

So get this crap. After watching the above posts about strategy, I decided to try some of them. So was going for the boomerang and got to the 7x but I want to say the bonus was only 200k. kind of risky to get such little reward. I was also on double score and accidentally hit the jackpot. so you would think I would get double jackpot when double score was active? NOPE!!! If double score is active, why wouldn't my jackpot be double? Come on man!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.