pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 6.49.57 PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 7.27.29 AM (resized).png

There are 1,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 36.
#851 4 years ago

Flashers under the subway maybe?

#852 4 years ago

It was the flashers. Thanks for the help.

#853 4 years ago

Yay! That's awesome.

#854 4 years ago

What about the flashers was causing it? Something related to them being weird 1251 bulbs?

#855 4 years ago

Does anyone now where I can purchase a new red ferris wheel from? or does anyone have a spare one they are willing to sell, only after a new one. I know that Marco sell them but I purchased the last red one from them about 1 month ago and they are now out of stack.

Also, are the decals available for the ferris wheel,

cheers
Trevor

#856 4 years ago

I puchased the decals from Pinball Heaven, but they don't seen to have them listed right now. Can't hurt to email them. Bay Area Amusements is also out of stock.

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I puchased the decals from Pinball Heaven, but they don't seen to have them listed right now. Can't hurt to email them. Bay Area Amusements is also out of stock.

great, thanks very much for the info.
cheers

#858 4 years ago

I still need a mystery wheel that isn't broke AF

#859 4 years ago

What is your configuration of red posts above the "Freak Shows" plastic? I have three. This area was the subject of a service bulletin that makes it sound like there should have been two red posts. In any event, my game has always been as pictured and I've never had a stuck ball.

2019-12-22-38 (resized).JPG2019-12-22-38 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#860 4 years ago

I tore mine down for a resto. Here is the pic I have of that.

20181021_111253 (resized).jpg20181021_111253 (resized).jpg
#861 4 years ago

Looks like mine didn't address the service bulletin--it only had one post. Here's the service bulletin, courtesy of Jeff-Z.

EDIT: Oh, it was JeffZee who posted the question I love your site Jeff! I used your EATPM rules to help with my latest gameplay video on YouTube.

IMG_2339 (resized).JPGIMG_2339 (resized).JPGsb-07 (resized).jpgsb-07 (resized).jpg

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

What is your configuration of red posts above the "Freak Shows" plastic? I have three. This area was the subject of a service bulletin that makes it sound like there should have been two red posts.
[quoted image]

I believe it’s the addition of two more posts. One was original making three .

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I believe it’s the addition of two more posts. One was original making three .

Do you know if it should be 1 rubber spanning them, like JeffZee has or 3 single rubber nubs, one on each? Mine was 3 nubs.

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Do you know if it should be 1 rubber spanning them, like JeffZee has or 3 single rubber nubs, one on each? Mine was 3 nubs.

That style post is made for small rubbers.
so three individual

#865 4 years ago

Not according to the service bulletin (see above). 23-6305 = 2" ring.

Edit: A 2" was what was around my three.

#866 4 years ago

Hmmm, I've got only 1 blue star post up there.

#867 4 years ago

Can somebody scan the plastics 564-14SP, 564-15SP and 564-2SP for me?

2 weeks later
#868 4 years ago

Going back to the above discussion on the Freak Shows plastic, I didn't like the ring approach because the top mini post was unsupported and the ring warped the plastic. Not only was my old plastic warped, it looked like someone had been using it to hold their soldering iron.

shop-28 (resized).jpgshop-28 (resized).jpg

I found some inspiration on the mini-playfield of my Pin*bot where the mini posts were used to support guide plastics. So instead of applying the side-stresses of a ring, I made a rigid plastic to span the three mini posts. I used PETG because I had a scrap at hand. But polycarbonate would have worked just as well. Here's my template if anyone is interested. You'd probably have to make allowances for your own post spacing. The plastic should deflect any random air balls. Yet the plastic virtually disappeared after the ramps were in and the game was back together. I don't know that stuck balls are even an issue with Cyclone. So this all may have been a waste of time.

shop-30 (resized).jpgshop-30 (resized).jpg

shop-29 (resized).jpgshop-29 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#869 4 years ago

Cyclone is the first game I bought in 2006. I recently completed a round of renovations. I keep track of all this on my webpage. Maybe I did something someone else will find useful. Click...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/repair/repair.html

shop-46big (resized).jpgshop-46big (resized).jpg

1 week later
#870 4 years ago

Anyone happen to have a CPR playfield they aren't going to use and would like to sell?

1 week later
#871 3 years ago

Going to give our Cyclone (that just came out of years of storage) a full teardown, clean and some new parts.

Noticed the part that connects the Cyclone ramp with the playfield, is broken at the thread. (Ofcourse it snapped inside the playfield, probably while in storage or during transportation)

Anyone have a clue where to find one of these bad boys? Can't seem to find them here in the Netherlands and neither in Germany..

Thanks in advance!

20200331_164457 (resized).jpg20200331_164457 (resized).jpg
#872 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Going to give our Cyclone (that just came out of years of storage) a full teardown, clean and some new parts.
Noticed the part that connects the Cyclone ramp with the playfield, is broken at the thread. (Ofcourse it snapped inside the playfield, probably while in storage or during transportation)
Anyone have a clue where to find one of these bad boys? Can't seem to find them here in the Netherlands and neither in Germany..
Thanks in advance! [quoted image]

You can re tap the end! that will work for ya.

1 month later
#873 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased the repro translates? I would like to replace my translate but not sure how good the coloring and quality of the repro ones are.
cheers

1 week later
#874 3 years ago

Had a very annoying problem with our Cyclone:
In game the mystery wheel would not spin, and in test mode the home reward (10k) would be correct but after that every spin would not show the correct value.

Turned out the screw of the mystery wheel became loose on the motor
That was difficult to find because sometimes it would just stop at the right value 10 times before getting a value wrong..

My fix: the screw does not have a point, so making a point on it so it does not slip on the motor again. Also adding some loctite to it.

20200524_104944 (resized).jpg20200524_104944 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#875 3 years ago

The ferris wheel is not able to go around when a ball is in it, I think that the rubber is slipping so I will replace it.
Does anyone know what size rubber is needed?
And does anyone have advice on taking the ferris wheel out?

#876 3 years ago

Mystery wheel: Check that the hub is not cracked. Mine was, screw would not stay tight so a few wraps of copper wire around the outside of the hub (not over the screw hole) fixed it right up.

Ferris wheel: Get the urethane belt made for this. Maybe PBR? Can't remember who had them. Regular rubber won't last.

Don C.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Mystery wheel: Check that the hub is not cracked. Mine was, screw would not stay tight so a few wraps of copper wire around the outside of the hub (not over the screw hole) fixed it right up.
Ferris wheel: Get the urethane belt made for this. Maybe PBR? Can't remember who had them. Regular rubber won't last.
Don C.

Bought mine from Marco

#878 3 years ago

You are set, then. Enjoy! I had a really bad problem with errors. It was dirt and lack of oil in the bearings. Sprayed in some cleaner, then Teflon oil and let the test run overnight a couple days. Now I get an error a couple times a year. Obviously I am too cheap to buy a new motor.
Don C

#879 3 years ago

UPDATE: SOLD!

If anyone in the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany is interested: our Cyclone is for sale
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/97499
20200523_191631_HDR (resized).jpg20200523_191631_HDR (resized).jpg

1 month later
#880 3 years ago

Can a fellow Cyclone owner out there give me a pic or two of their backbox relay? I have a stray green wire hanging and I’m guessing it goes in the connector with the other green but just want to make sure... thank you.

8C5E5BB3-A3F6-4DF3-8C64-423244B2DF24 (resized).jpeg8C5E5BB3-A3F6-4DF3-8C64-423244B2DF24 (resized).jpeg0BDE8792-7A94-4882-9DFA-4D81F923B7CE (resized).jpeg0BDE8792-7A94-4882-9DFA-4D81F923B7CE (resized).jpeg
#881 3 years ago

Here ya go. Mine looking a little toasty...

15946755688971993519269 (resized).jpg15946755688971993519269 (resized).jpg
#882 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Here ya go. Mine looking a little toasty...
[quoted image]

Thank you... yeah that wire looks crispy!! Take care

1 month later
#883 3 years ago

I have an issue with my new Cyclone that maybe someone will know where to start.

I thought there was a problem on the board as the right 4 lights in each row of the light matrix always all come on at the same time. Test any of the right 4 on every row and the other three light as well.

Did the jumpers and a single bulb test and the board is only activating 1 column at a time.

So the problem seems to be in the wiring. Any suggestions other than getting a multimeter and the schematics and have at it?

1 week later
#884 3 years ago

Hi. New Cyclone owner here. I played it in college in the late 80's and fell in love. Always said I would own it one day. That day was 6 weeks ago. So much fun. Mine is in great shape and played well when delivered. I've replaced the outgassed display. Had a local pinball guy fix the one LED that was not lighting in the jackpot column. I replaced the speakers with Flipper Fidelity Complete System and the bass rumbles now, like it should. I installed colored LEDs in the Mystery Wheel and may do the same in the Jackpot column. I've spent hours reading through these posts and learned a lot. Thank you. I'm definitely doing the purple light in the spook house mod; thanks for the idea.

#885 3 years ago

Welcome to the club! Cyclone was my first too. Sounds like you're off to a good start on the maintenance/upgrade side.

1 week later
#886 3 years ago

hello everyone
just acquired a cyclone and am in need of parts, looking for the motor bracket for the Ferris wheel and mystery wheel. Also in need of a sound board and more. please let me know if you have anything to spare.
thanks

1 week later
#887 3 years ago

Just joined the club this week.
I just finished the part I hate most about shopping a new game: putting together the rubber/bulb type/placement map for ordering.
I have done this the last few games....too many times have I scribbled down what I thought I needed then ended up a bulb or ring short!
Anyways, attached is the fruits of my labor, hope it is useful to someone as a starting point down the road.
I'm pretty thorough, but no accuracy warranties expressed or implied! lol

Cyclone Flashers-Rubbers.PNGCyclone Flashers-Rubbers.PNGCyclone Lamps.PNGCyclone Lamps.PNG
#888 3 years ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

Anyways, attached is the fruits of my labor, hope it is useful to someone as a starting point down the road.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing, very useful!

#889 3 years ago

Hi. Finally sorted out the diode/wiring to add the purple LED to the Spook House hole and am very happy with the result.

IMG_4476 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_4476 (1) (resized).jpg
1 week later
#891 3 years ago

Anyone need a mystery wheel? I found one with no decal so maybe NOS? with some light wear.

Seen here at marco....

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8161

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from ekoss:

Hi. Finally sorted out the diode/wiring to add the purple LED to the Spook House hole and am very happy with the result.
[quoted image]

Share how you did it

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

Just joined the club this week.
I just finished the part I hate most about shopping a new game: putting together the rubber/bulb type/placement map for ordering.
I have done this the last few games....too many times have I scribbled down what I thought I needed then ended up a bulb or ring short!

Keroppi, thanks for this. I just joined the club and am tearing into the machine as we speak.

Quick question (apologies in advance if this has been covered). On the back wall of the playfield there are six bulbs for the Ride the Comet bonus. On either side there are amber domes. Are they functional or just there? I don’t see anything on the coil list that refers to them.

A11DE21A-35EE-4FC4-8AED-E81592D0D0CB (resized).jpegA11DE21A-35EE-4FC4-8AED-E81592D0D0CB (resized).jpegD988E5BD-BF98-4545-9BC0-C1FAA8B4C14C (resized).jpegD988E5BD-BF98-4545-9BC0-C1FAA8B4C14C (resized).jpeg
#894 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Keroppi, thanks for this. I just joined the club and am tearing into the machine as we speak.
Quick question (apologies in advance if this has been covered). On the back wall of the playfield there are six bulbs for the Ride the Comet bonus. On either side there are amber domes. Are they functional or just there? I don’t see anything on the coil list that refers to them.

They're flashers.

And congrats! Cyclone is an awesome game!

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

They're flashers.
And congrats! Cyclone is an awesome game!

Thanks for verifying that. I have been able to get the right one to work but not the left using the same bulb and socket. I’ll keep working at it - too bad it’s tucked away back there where it’s hard to get at.

#896 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

On either side there are amber domes. Are they functional or just there? I don’t see anything on the coil list that refers to them.

They alternate flashing when the ball is on the ferris wheel... I believe randomly when you ride a ramp and when double scoring starts.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Thanks for verifying that. I have been able to get the right one to work but not the left using the same bulb and socket. I’ll keep working at it - too bad it’s tucked away back there where it’s hard to get at.

The left one takes a 906 bulb. It's easier to change with the playfield up on the prop rod, and reach over the top of the playfield to get at it.

-Paul

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

The left one takes a 906 bulb. It's easier to change with the playfield up on the prop rod, and reach over the top of the playfield to get at it.
-Paul

I can get to it okay but since it’s not working I’d like to disconnect the board and remove it from the game to check it. I’m not sure how the board detaches and once I’ve pulled the connectors it may be difficult to plug them in again blind. If I can figure out how the board detaches I think I can see what’s going on with the playfield vertical.

3 weeks later
#899 3 years ago

Does anyone have any used plastics? Specially looking for the ones around the Ferris wheel
Thanks

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Does anyone have any used plastics? Specially looking for the ones around the Ferris wheel
Thanks

Yes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Keller, TX
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rutledge, PA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
There are 1,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.