Topic Stats

• 820 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by dmieczko
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 258 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3BC1DED4-1AAB-4D8F-AD06-D6C4ED3645DA (resized).jpeg
Cyclone_Instruction (resized).jpg
Cyclone_FreePlay (resized).jpg
untitled (resized).JPG
9C3045C1-6565-4D8E-A9A0-592A36A5DDEB (resized).jpeg
8C051DF3-523E-410D-B714-6204AE7A886A (resized).jpeg
FDC5D376-EEBE-48C6-BD6F-5A2E4595AB84 (resized).jpeg
147D09DB-F79C-4A94-8C94-CED4109E5515 (resized).jpeg
5BB781E7-6605-4373-951F-CFFA71C0A8B4 (resized).jpeg
3E4E0563-99A9-4EB8-A1FD-7504E41C0476 (resized).jpeg
32E8BF72-1A8D-4A0A-A4BB-BE5479CBDE6F (resized).jpeg
20190208_115444 (resized).jpg
20190208_115434 (resized).jpg
cycloneupper (resized).jpg
Cyclone.jpg
Comet.jpg

There are 820 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#802 49 days ago
Quoted from GregOPinball:

What are your favorite Cyclone mods?

Unmodding is my favorite mod. I just like it as a classic original.

#803 49 days ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Unmodding is my favorite mod. I just like it as a classic original.

I agree for the most part. Other than LEDs (including a purple in the spook house) I kept mine original. I do have the 3 larger Mr_Tantrum coasters sitting on top of the head. But even that is temporary until I build something nicer for them.

For my Comet I did put in the red cycle jump from freeplay40. That just looks too good to resist.

#804 47 days ago

Thanks gentlemen for your ideas!

As far as unmodding, I'm with you, it's a classic just the way it is, so I'm not getting him anything crazy.

May just go with something simple, like lighted flipper buttons, or under-pin lighting.

We'll see.

1 month later
#806 10 days ago

Hey Everyone! Helping a friend find a suitable replacement for Switch 5647-12133-01. It is the switch in the 10k spot on the shooter lane "Shuttle 10K (kickbig). I see these are discontinued. Any suitable replacements out there?

Thanks!

#807 10 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey Everyone! Helping a friend find a suitable replacement for Switch 5647-12133-01. It is the switch in the 10k spot on the shooter lane "Shuttle 10K (kickbig). I see these are discontinued. Any suitable replacements out there?
Thanks!

Is the switch bad, or the actuator? The switch is a standard sub-micro and the old actuator can be swapped over to the new switch. If the actuator is missing or borken, you may have to make a new one by buying a universal switch with a long straight actuator and bending it to the proper form... In which case you can use one of the other (same orientation) shuttle switch actuators as your template.

#808 10 days ago

Actuator snapped in half. Where can we get a long straight one? So we just get the actuator and snap it into the existing switch base and bend to our liking?

#809 10 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where can we get a long straight one?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-SMSW

Quoted from chuckwurt:

So we just get the actuator and snap it into the existing switch base and bend to our liking?

Yes, but I suggest replacing the switch as well, since it comes as an assembly. You will also likely need to swap over the diode, or better yet, install a new one on the new switch.

#810 10 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-SMSW

Yes, but I suggest replacing the switch as well, since it comes as an assembly. You will also likely need to swap over the diode, or better yet, install a new one on the new switch.

Thanks. Since the switch leads are oriented different on this one than the original, how do we make sure we put the wires on the right lugs? Same question for the diode.

#811 10 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks. Since the switch leads are oriented different on this one than the original, how do we make sure we put the wires on the right lugs? Same question for the diode.

Actually I just realized that I gave you the wrong link, and I forgot that the 10K switch is not a sub-micro like the others, its a standard Cherry microswitch. Im looking for the right link for you.......

#812 10 days ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Actually I just realized that I gave you the wrong link, and I forgot that the 10K switch is not a sub-micro like the others, its a standard Cherry microswitch. I'm looking for the right link for you.......

ok well, apparently a standard microswitch is not available in a universal actuator style...If it were me, I would convert it to a sub-micro, but I have tons of spare generic parts and 28 years of pinball repair experience. I can't in good conscious suggest that you do this because the switch will have to mounted differently and new holes made for the screws... But if you take it on, you will need the switch I linked in post 809, and this bracket... https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8719. And a couple of these... https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4002-01105-07
Wire the switch and diode exactly like the other sub-micro's in the shuttle lane. The green/yellow wire is common to all of them and attached to the same lug.

#814 10 days ago

My kingdom for CPR to get those direct print playfields going uggggggh. ~_~

#815 7 days ago

Sale Pending!
Fully shopped/refurbished “Freshly shopped and cleaned Hurricane for sale or trade. New balls New posts New rubbers Cleaned ramps Cleaned all plastics Premium LEDs added to GI of game Please review picture...”
14 days ago
Kearsley , MI
2,499 (Firm)

Just posted my Hurricane for sale.

#816 5 days ago

Finally in the club!!

3BC1DED4-1AAB-4D8F-AD06-D6C4ED3645DA (resized).jpeg
#817 5 days ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Finally in the club!!

Hey you, with the face! The best single-ball pin ever!

#818 5 days ago

Does anyone know of a source for purchasing just slingshot plastics for Cyclone? I see that they were once available on eBay, but no longer. All my other plastics look good, and I just need the two slings. I'd also take a used set as long as they were not cracked or broken - any help would be appreciated.

#819 5 days ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Does anyone know of a source for purchasing just slingshot plastics for Cyclone?

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/cyclone/?p=1

Only catch is the don't ship to the US, but if you have a friend in Canada....

#820 5 days ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/cyclone/?p=1

Only catch is the don't ship to the US, but if you have a friend in Canada...

Very cool - thanks for the link!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
2,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Lake Tahoe, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 820 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside