pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
There are 1,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 37.
#751 5 years ago

Jaystream you took the same class
Finger painting 101.
I looked at that area but thought I like it forward in my “ face “ so to speak
Also looked at comet back by drac but it tight in there.

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

This is what I was thinking...[quoted image]

I think it would definitely have to be smaller there, so let me know dimensions when you can if that is what you really want. Also, is there an easy/non obvious way to run a lighting cable from that position to wherever you need to power it?

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, is there an easy/non obvious way to run a lighting cable from that position to wherever you need to power it?

Yes, that's part of the reason I thought it might be a good spot.

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Yes, that's part of the reason I thought it might be a good spot.

Just posted an update with the new Comet coaster added: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-comet-coaster

#755 5 years ago

Just added a colored version of the Comet (yellow sled with red seat backs to resemble Comet backglass)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-comet-coaster

#757 5 years ago

Hey all. Got a tech question.
My numeric displays (3and4) are not working . The Alpha numeric displays (1and2) are very strong and show no signs of outgassing. It i hard to believe that 3 and 4 are just outgassed.
can someone put me on the right track here to troubleshoot 3 and 4. unfortunately I don't have another display to test in there.

Thanks

#758 5 years ago

I've got an issue where activating the left flipper blows Q-46 in the switch matrix. This happens every year or two. EMF from the flipper coil?

Any educated guesses or experience with this problem out there?

Thanks,

CC

1 month later
#759 5 years ago

Does anyone need this plastic? I have a spare in pretty good shape. Where it appears darker blue is just a reflection. The color is uniform. $25 shipped to lower 48.

20190208_115434 (resized).jpg20190208_115434 (resized).jpg20190208_115444 (resized).jpg20190208_115444 (resized).jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

Price drop to $20 shipped

2 weeks later
#760 5 years ago

I am the proud new owner of a Williams Cyclone. Way back in 1988 I was a senior in high school and worked at the local arcade. We had a Cyclone there and it became my favorite pinball game, and still is. I've been playing the Cyclone at Salem Willows in Salem Mass all these years, and finally got one for my house.

I'm a happy guy.

#761 5 years ago

Welcome to the club! Your story sounds like mine, although I was 12 playing at our local pool. To own this machine was a dream that I never thought would come true. I can completely understand and feel your elation! You are going to have many happy days playing and maintaining this game. Fair warning though, you will probably catch the bug and want more machines!
-Chrissi

#762 5 years ago

Welcome and congrats!!! Cyclone was my favorite in HS/college also. Got hooked again on pinball a few years ago and Cyclone was my first for the home, great feeling indeed. But yeah, watch out, they multiply quickly!

#763 5 years ago

Thanks. Yes, I already want more. I would love to get an Addams Family, but they’re so expensive I don’t know. I’d like an EM game, as well, for nostalgia.

#764 5 years ago
Quoted from Iceberg:

Thanks. Yes, I already want more. I would love to get an Addams Family, but they’re so expensive I don’t know. I’d like an EM game, as well, for nostalgia.

Never give up! I though it was impossible, yet it fell into place!

32E8BF72-1A8D-4A0A-A4BB-BE5479CBDE6F (resized).jpeg32E8BF72-1A8D-4A0A-A4BB-BE5479CBDE6F (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#765 5 years ago

Hello all!! Just became part of the club as I grabbed a cyclone yesterday. Been looking for a decent priced machine for a couple years now and finally found one. I love this game!!

Quick question... I'm on the hunt for a paper copy of the manual, not the parts book, the main book. Anyone got one out there they might sell? Thank you and game on!!

2 weeks later
#766 4 years ago

Anyone know the part number for the high voltage switches for the flippers? I could use some new ones, Thanks!

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Anyone know the part number for the high voltage switches for the flippers? I could use some new ones, Thanks!

EOS switch
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7811

Cabinet switch
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-10A-48

3 weeks later
#768 4 years ago

Joined the Cyclone Club this time last year - my first pin! Stupidly bought it sight unseen and the playfield wear is pretty extensive. Still it plays well. Hoping they make a hardtop for Cyclone sometime soon!

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from flukey:

Joined the Cyclone Club this time last year - my first pin! Stupidly bought it sight unseen and the playfield wear is pretty extensive. Still it plays well. Hoping they make a hardtop for Cyclone sometime soon!

Have you considered putting in a CPR playfield?

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Have you considered putting in a CPR playfield?

PDX_Pinball has the right idea cpr has them still kinda surprised thought these would have sold out.

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from cp1610:

pdx_pinball has the right idea cpr has them still kinda surprised thought these would have sold out.

CPR has them?
I didn’t see any available.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from flukey:

I recently bought one myself. The pictures were of another machine...total bait and switch.
I still bought it though for much less than asking. Still paid too much I think.
I just bought a new ramp, shit ton of comet LEDs and more parts on their way.
Wait till you see what gunk lives under the pop bumpers.

#773 4 years ago

Hey all, I‘m a long time member (it was my third pin ever), I see I‘ve never posted. I was wondering what kind of strategy others are following when playing. Cyclone is all about points I think so I have mine set at 2.5 Mio for replay so that is my goal. It means I have to either get the comet jackpot at double scoring or get one jackpot on each ramp. Getting the replay at the boomerang scoop is exciting, but dangerous and going for the extra ball at the right standups is really tough. How do folks get the ball from the left flipper to the right flipper when going for the cyclone gate bonus? I always wish I had the touch to let the ball roll up the right flipper so I could do a light tap to get it over to the left flipper every time. So usually I trap the ball on the right flipper and pass it over. How do you approach this great game?

#774 4 years ago

Can someone please help me out. I need to know if the back box lamps #57-64. 500,000-4,000,000 are #44 bayonet or #555 wedge.
Same for lamps #27-32 Comet 20K - 1 million.
Are the GI lamps in the back box bayonet or wedge?
Thanks.

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Can someone please help me out. I need to know if the back box lamps #57-64. 500,000-4,000,000 are #44 bayonet or #555 wedge.
Same for lamps #27-32 Comet 20K - 1 million.
Are the GI lamps in the back box bayonet or wedge?
Thanks.

All controlled are wedge. The lamps under the coaster on the right and Williams sign & clown are bayonets. The Comet 20k - 1M controlled are wedge in my machine. The configuration can vary depending on when the machine was made but this is the configuration in my machine.
3E4E0563-99A9-4EB8-A1FD-7504E41C0476 (resized).jpeg3E4E0563-99A9-4EB8-A1FD-7504E41C0476 (resized).jpeg

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

All controlled are wedge. The lamps under the coaster on the right and Williams sign & clown are bayonets. The Comet 20k - 1M controlled are wedge in my machine. The configuration can vary depending on when the machine was made but this is the configuration in my machine.
[quoted image]

You are a Champion! Thanks for clarifying.

#777 4 years ago

Does anyone have a resource for a new mystery wheel? The one I have is cracked in the back.

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Does anyone have a resource for a new mystery wheel? The one I have is cracked in the back.

I know it was used on several games. Just need the decal if you get one. I think even Marco had them.

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I know it was used on several games. Just need the decal if you get one. I think even Marco had them.

Go to redbubble and order the medium sized sticker. Very nice repro and it's like 10 bucks

#780 4 years ago

Still can't find one. Some dude on shapeways has the design in his store but it says "not for sale". I asked him for the file in a message but he hasn't gotten back.

#781 4 years ago

If the hub is cracked or broken repair it with epoxy easy fix

#782 4 years ago

Left out hole when the ball ejects goes right down the middle, can I adjust the outhole?

#783 4 years ago

Left out hole when the ball ejects goes right down the middle, can I adjust the outhole?

Check leveling left to right

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Check leveling left to right

Thanks will do, what angle do you guys have your games setup to 6.5 degrees?

#786 4 years ago

Yes you can. Life the pf and loosen the screws attaching the scoop, adjust and re-tighten. (It might take a few tries to get it just right)

#787 4 years ago

Funky display issue. Top segment on bottom two displays was out. Replaced the displays (bottom was also burned) and the problem persisted with the LEDs, but now of the game is cool the segments will work for about a minute and fade out. I verified the wiring and solder end to end for the segment so I think it must be an issue with either the 4.7k sip caps or a chip somewhere getting hot? Anybody ever see anything like this?

Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: turned out to be one of the PIAs

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wish I saw that blue ramp a year ago !

1 week later
#789 4 years ago

Pretty cool toppers for Cyclone...

Stainless steel:
https://www.coasterdynamix.com/collections/nano-coasters/products/stainless-steel-cyclone-coaster
147D09DB-F79C-4A94-8C94-CED4109E5515 (resized).jpeg147D09DB-F79C-4A94-8C94-CED4109E5515 (resized).jpeg

Painted:
https://www.coasterdynamix.com/collections/nano-coasters/products/stainless-steel-cyclone-coaster-painted
FDC5D376-EEBE-48C6-BD6F-5A2E4595AB84 (resized).jpegFDC5D376-EEBE-48C6-BD6F-5A2E4595AB84 (resized).jpeg

Painted, in an acrylic display case:
https://www.coasterdynamix.com/collections/nano-coasters/products/deluxe-stainless-steel-cyclone-coaster
9C3045C1-6565-4D8E-A9A0-592A36A5DDEB (resized).jpeg9C3045C1-6565-4D8E-A9A0-592A36A5DDEB (resized).jpeg

LEGO-compatible:
https://www.coasterdynamix.com/collections/cdx-blocks/products/lego-compatible-cyclone-roller-coaster
5BB781E7-6605-4373-951F-CFFA71C0A8B4 (resized).jpeg5BB781E7-6605-4373-951F-CFFA71C0A8B4 (resized).jpeg

Wooden (expensive!):
https://www.coasterdynamix.com/collections/classix/products/cyclone-rollercoaser-model
8C051DF3-523E-410D-B714-6204AE7A886A (resized).jpeg8C051DF3-523E-410D-B714-6204AE7A886A (resized).jpeg

#790 4 years ago

I plan to pick up a cyclone next week for pretty cheap. I am usually an em gal, so bear with me....previous owner says it worked one day and the next it didn't. Any idea where to start when I get it home?

#791 4 years ago

Voltages first! Start from power board. Unless something obvious like battery corrosion in which case you'll either need to clean and dig into what components are bad or replace the MPU outright. Good luck!

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from MNpin66:

I plan to pick up a cyclone next week for pretty cheap. I am usually an em gal, so bear with me....previous owner says it worked one day and the next it didn't. Any idea where to start when I get it home?

When I started working on SS games I found both the PinWiki website and Clay's repair guides to be invaluable. Clay's guides have been officially taken down for some time now, but you can still find them if you look hard enough. Hint: try Googling "repairing system 11". Good luck with your project.

#793 4 years ago

Flipperwinkel for me. He has a guide for all kinds of problems on most systems.

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Flipperwinkel for me. He has a guide for all kinds of problems on most systems.

That is the copy of Clay's guide.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from Timmo:

When I started working on SS games I found both the PinWiki website and Clay's repair guides to be invaluable. Clay's guides have been officially taken down for some time now, but you can still find them if you look hard enough. Hint: try Googling "repairing system 11". Good luck with your project.

untitled (resized).JPGuntitled (resized).JPG
#796 4 years ago

Just created my new Cyclone apron cards. Cost is $10 for the pair (includes US postage - will ship outside of US with postage quoted per order) which are photo printed on ultra gloss photo paper with clear gloss vinyl overlaid on top. Please PM me if interested.

Cyclone_FreePlay (resized).jpgCyclone_FreePlay (resized).jpgCyclone_Instruction (resized).jpgCyclone_Instruction (resized).jpg
#797 4 years ago

In case anybody was interested, I don't recommend this one. The case that I received doesn't match the one in the picture and isn't very nice. The coaster itself is pretty cool though and makes for a good, subtle, small topper. So if you're interested in it, I'd go for the painted one that's NOT in a case.

#798 4 years ago

Greetings, Fellow Cyclone Lovers.

Playing Cyclone got me through many a lonely Saturday night back in college.

As fate would have it, my brother beat me to the punch & picked up a Cyclone of his own and now I get to play it again (as long as I drive 5 hours to the Philadelphia suburbs, grr!)

Anyways, here's my question:

What are your favorite Cyclone mods?

It's my brother's birthday & I'd like to surprise him with a new toy or mod. But they're hard to find. Hopefully he doesn't see this post.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
GTO

#799 4 years ago

A center ramp that is still one piece

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from GregOPinball:

What are your favorite Cyclone mods?

Hard to beat Mr_Tantrum's mini light up coaster. See previous page of this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 37.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only/page/16?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.