pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 6.49.57 PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 7.27.29 AM (resized).png
There are 1,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 36.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Would someone mind snapping a few photos of how thenflippers are suppose to be wired? Specifically for the lane change. Mine isn’t working and I have a few wires detached

I've got a couple from my playfield swap pictures.
IMG_2178 (resized).JPGIMG_2178 (resized).JPG
IMG_2179 (resized).JPGIMG_2179 (resized).JPG

You might be able to get a glimpse in my flipper rebuild video that I shot on my Cyclone:

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

I've got a couple from my playfield swap pictures.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
You might be able to get a glimpse in my flipper rebuild video that I shot on my Cyclone:

This video is awesome, helped me rebuild mine!

1 week later
#703 5 years ago

Here's my craft project for the month. I made a topper from the CPR promo parts. For more pics and details, click and scroll to the bottom of the page...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/repair/repair.html

topper-11 (resized).jpgtopper-11 (resized).jpg

topper-13 (resized).pngtopper-13 (resized).png

topper-12 (resized).jpgtopper-12 (resized).jpg

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I made a topper from the CPR promo parts.

That looks great!

I love that you used blue star posts on the right and red on the left. Nobody will ever know, but it is as it should be.

3 weeks later
#705 5 years ago

Where can I find the clear plastic that goes in front over top the spook house. My ball keeps hitting the drop Target and flying and hitting the glass, the drop Target doesn't go down the first time. Thanks

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Where can I find the clear plastic that goes in front over top the spook house. My ball keeps hitting the drop Target and flying and hitting the glass, the drop Target doesn't go down the first time. Thanks

make one . try strong spring on target.

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

Where can I find the clear plastic that goes in front over top the spook house.

I've seen that on ebay, don't see it on there now though.

#708 5 years ago

And it's now back on ebay ($15 with shipping)....

ebay.com link: Clear Plastic Set for Williams Cyclone Pinball Machine

#709 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up.

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

I just cut my own out of plastic. works great.

#711 5 years ago

It was fun being in the Cyclone club for 5 good years.
I felt I had to move on -- to bring in a lovely pinbot to keep me company -- made by nearly the same design team. =)
-mof

#712 5 years ago

So ....My love of pinball was rekindled when I bought a Cyclone 7 or 8 years ago. I ended up selling that game to Mof here who started this club.( I thought I wanted a fancier game with more balls, Well...finally after 4 or 5 years I bought another. Yes I really love the game and am happy to be back in the club.

Mof, you still have it? I bet you do.

#713 5 years ago

Ha....I didn't read the post right above mine....Well there ya go....everyone needs a change. funny how that worked

#714 5 years ago

Proud new owner of mof's former Cyclone! I'll have to post some pictures. I own a nice Comet, which I love, so how could I not buy a Cyclone? They belong together.

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Proud new owner of mof's former Cyclone! I'll have to post some pictures. I own a nice Comet, which I love, so how could I not buy a Cyclone? They belong together.

The circle is complete!

#716 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The circle is complete!

Is it okay that I left Hurricane out of the circle? Not a big fan of that one.

p.s. mof sure knows how to shop a pin! Playing a former mof pin is a real treat. Thanks again, mof!

#717 5 years ago

We used to hang out at a pizza shop about a mile from my house as a teenager that had a cyclone. Fell in love with it. My first pin too!

#718 5 years ago

Cyclone was also my first pin. Bought it 12 years ago. It's the founding member of my system 11 collection.

s11 (resized).jpgs11 (resized).jpg

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is it okay that I left Hurricane out of the circle? Not a big fan of that one.

That's the way I was thinking too. Then a super nice one came up for sale about an hour away. Figured I might not get another chance at such a nice one and said what the heck. Turns out I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, and the kids are loving it. They did a great job with the lights, some of the music can be a bit annoying though. Game play is very different from the rest of my games. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase.

Anyway, congrats on the Cyclone and welcome to the club. Oh and to add a little Hurricane incentive, if you pick one up, Pinside will give you a "Carnie" achievement badge.

#720 5 years ago

Is there any place that still sale the flags and have them in stock?

#721 5 years ago

Very partial set on ebay...

ebay.com link: WILLIAMS unkown sticker sheet cyclone slugfest pinball machine part

Don't recall seeing them anywhere else.

#722 5 years ago

Cyclone is our first pin too, thought I would be happy with just that, but we caught the bug.
We were lucky that our machine came with the flags.

sadiecyclone (resized).jpgsadiecyclone (resized).jpg
#723 5 years ago

Hi everyone, I just finished a PF swap on my Cyclone, fixing everything, and getting it playing 100%. The thing I am unsure of is, the music volume seems to increase and decrease, the callouts are consistent in volume, but the music volume kinda floats up and down. Is it supposed to be like that? or maybe I have some sort of board issue. It has been awhile since I played someone else's Cyclone, and there are no others to compare it to near me. Thanks for your feedback!

#724 5 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Hi everyone, I just finished a PF swap on my Cyclone, fixing everything, and getting it playing 100%. The thing I am unsure of is, the music volume seems to increase and decrease, the callouts are consistent in volume, but the music volume kinda floats up and down. Is it supposed to be like that? or maybe I have some sort of board issue. It has been awhile since I played someone else's Cyclone, and there are no others to compare it to near me. Thanks for your feedback!

There are times where the music “ducks under” the rest of the sounds. System 11 can only play two of the three (music, sound effects, speech) at the same time I believe. So if it only does it when multiple sounds are happening I wouldn’t worrry about it. If it randomly goes down with nothing else happening, that’s different.

#725 5 years ago

Mine currently does the dame thing. However I know I have the incorrect sound board in there. There are different revisions. Before my original sound board stopped working I didn't have any music fade. The incorrect one has a section of the board that isn't populated. It also causes some sounds to not work. Do your dracula sounds work? The "won't you come in" and few others are whats missing on mine.

#726 5 years ago

I don't recall mine doing that. It is apart right now being restored though.

#727 5 years ago

You can see 2 different boards on this thread...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-soundboard-roulette

#728 5 years ago

This is what I have.

1545273658203-756556179 (resized).jpg1545273658203-756556179 (resized).jpg
#729 5 years ago

Yup, that looks like my original. R18 area is much more populated. Sent mine out for repair, so hopefully I'll have proper sound bsck soon.

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Replace your sound pot.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Replace your sound pot.

Or spray contact cleaner in it to see if it helps. Can test with a multimeter too.

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are times where the music “ducks under” the rest of the sounds. System 11 can only play two of the three (music, sound effects, speech) at the same time I believe. So if it only does it when multiple sounds are happening I wouldn’t worrry about it. If it randomly goes down with nothing else happening, that’s different.

This could be part of what I am experiencing, I am going to have to play it a bunch more and pay attention, Thanks for helping!

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Do your dracula sounds work? The "won't you come in" and few others are whats missing on mine.

Yes, the Dracula callouts work, I don't seem to be missing any callouts or sounds, just the back ground music volume changes.

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

This is what I have

Thanks, the game and serial number tags on my sound board match all of the tags on the rest of the boards, and it looks the same as yours.

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Replace your sound pot.

Actually the original sound pot was broken somehow, so I robbed the one out of my riverboat gambler, to get the game playable. I do have a couple new sound pots coming from Marco's

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Actually the original sound pot was broken somehow, so I robbed the one out of my riverboat gambler, to get the game playable. I do have a couple new sound pots coming from Marco's

New pot seems to have fixed my Comet sound, so hopefully does the trick for you also.

1 week later
#737 5 years ago

I've been commissioned by a Cyclone owner to custom create a Comet Coaster model that resembles the one on the backglass, so I wanted to gauge interest from other Cyclone owners out there in potentially purchasing one. The idea is to mount it on the shelf at the back left. I'm still in the prototype stage but very close to finalizing, so I wanted to show my progress. FYI, dimensions are 2" wide x 5.875" long x 1" tall.

I'll have 2 options for purchase (please PM me if you are interested).

- With Lighting Included = $44 includes shipping to US (will include white Comet Pinball Matrix LED strip, 12 inch Matrix extension, and Matrix alligator clips to attached to GI socket)
- Without Lighting = $32 includes shipping to US (model will still include channel for LED strip, but you supply your own lighting)

Model Rendering
Coaster.jpgCoaster.jpg

Actual Model
IMG_1684.JPGIMG_1684.JPG

Placement (model will set on ledge in front of bottom red part of "RIDE THE COMET FOR A MILLION" sign)
cyclone1.jpgcyclone1.jpg

First Prototype (in plain white just for testing - final will be 3D printed in colors as shown above, or I can do custom colors)
IMG_1681.JPGIMG_1681.JPG

Lighting Channel and Strip
IMG_0088.JPGIMG_0088.JPG

#738 5 years ago

looks cool nice work. not sure how it would look on ramp. can't wait to see.

#739 5 years ago

I'm getting really close to a final, and here is my latest effort. Turns out the filament I used (marble) is a little too dark to dissipate the light the way I want. I'm reprinting in white and will post when done (I think this will be the final version). Unfortunately, I only own a Getaway so no pics of it actually installed in a Cyclone.

cyclone.jpgcyclone.jpgcyclone1.jpgcyclone1.jpgcyclone2.jpgcyclone2.jpg

#740 5 years ago

you need Nancy Ronny and the rest of the gang figures.

#742 5 years ago

Nice work, old friend...

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nice work, old friend...

Thanks, and nice to hear from you again - hope all is well.

#744 5 years ago

Very cool, but isn't that the Cyclone? If it's a Comet for the Cyclone I figure it should look like the one on the Comet backglass. I not really into mods for my Cyclone, but that is really nice looking. Bet blue seats would be perfect.

cometglass (resized).jpgcometglass (resized).jpg
#745 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Very cool, but isn't that the Cyclone? If it's a Comet for the Cyclone I figure it should look like the one on the Comet backglass. I not really into mods for my Cyclone, but that is really nice looking. Bet blue seats would be perfect.
[quoted image]

Yes, it is the coaster modeled off the backglass of the Cyclone (which is what I was asked to create). I don't have the pin, so I may be getting things confused, but I guess both coasters are referenced in the game? I know there is the "RIDE THE COMET FOR A MILLION" sign in the back left where this is designed to go (why I was making the assumption), but now that I've looked at the playfield images I also notice a "RIDE THE CYCLONE THREE TIMES TO GET THE JACKBOT" sign in the back right. I see that the left ramp graphic on the Cyclone looks like the coaster you show from The Comet backglass, and the right ramp graphic looks like the Cyclone coaster that I designed.

So, if the above is the case, the Cyclone coaster I created is designed to be placed on the ledge under the "RIDE THE COMET" sign. Is that a continuity problem for anyone (this was the preference of the owner who commissioned me to create the coaster)?

#746 5 years ago

I think it would look nice next to the "ride the Cyclone 3 times". Not sure it would fit under the glass though. Could you measure the length/width/height? Thanks!

#747 5 years ago

Width = 2"
Length = 5.75"
Height = 1"

Exactly how much room do you have where you are considering? If enough interest, I could potentially redesign/resize a Cyclone that would fit there.

I think that creating a model that resembles the Comet coaster might be more of a challenge for me given the design tools/skills I have access to, since it's features are not as defined nor regular.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Width = 2"
Length = 5.75"
Height = 1"
Exactly how much room do you have where you are considering? If enough interest, I could potentially redesign/resize a Cyclone that would fit there.
I think that creating a model that resembles the Comet coaster might be more of a challenge for me given the design tools/skills I have access to, since it's features are not as defined nor regular.

Thanks, I'll check when I get home and see if it would fit, I suspect it will. Yes, the Comet does look like it would be a lot tougher. One of those light blue color you poster in the other thread would look great.

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thanks, I'll check when I get home and see if it would fit, I suspect it will. Yes, the Comet does look like it would be a lot tougher. One of those light blue color you poster in the other thread would look great.

Well, I'm going to give a shot at the Comet, and I'll let everyone know if/when I'm successful. Freddy had an idea that I like of positioning the two coasters on the ramps as pictured (please be sure to complement him for his masterful artwork)

Comet.jpgComet.jpgCyclone.jpgCyclone.jpg
#750 5 years ago

This is what I was thinking...

cycloneupper (resized).jpgcycloneupper (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

There are 1,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only/page/15?hl=j67ab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.