pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0357 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 6.49.57 PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 7.27.29 AM (resized).png

There are 1,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 36.
#501 6 years ago

Just got my Cyclone. My entire family is in love with it! Everything works and its a great machine... thank you to the person whom I got it from, you took care of it, and I plan to do the same.

As a newbie, I have no idea how the settings work and the manual reads like greek to me. Does anyone know of a video that goes through the setting and how to make adjustments?

1 week later
#502 6 years ago

I had a problem where the ball would hit the leading edge of the Ferris wheel ramp and bounce back into the Ferris wheel for another ride. My original solution was to add a small filler bracket between the Ferris wheel and the Ferris wheel ramp. The bracket solution consistently worked for more than ten years. Then the problem suddenly reappeared.

My new theory is that the under-playfield plastic pulley on the motor assembly shaft was wore out. The inner hub of the pulley has a flat spot corresponding to a flat spot on the shaft. The flat spot on the pulley had become elongated and the pulley had a bit of slop. When a ball rolled into one of the four Ferris wheel compartments, the weight of the ball would pull the pulley toward one end of its slop. When the ball passed over the Ferris wheel's top center of gravity, the weight of the ball would pull the pulley toward the other end of its slop. The Ferris wheel would suddenly lurch forward and the compartment would quickly pass the edge of the ramp before the ball gained enough momentum to roll out onto the ramp.

My solution was to remove the pulley and press it back on with a paper shim between the flat spots of the pulley and shaft. One thickness of copy paper was all it took to snug things up. The difference was subtle, but the result was clear. Without any sudden lurching of the Ferris wheel, the ball had plenty of time to get rolling. Now the ball lands on the ramp beyond the ramp's leading edge.

There are a few more details and pics on my Cyclone repair page... http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/cyclone/repair/repair.html

160 (resized).jpg160 (resized).jpg

230 (resized).jpg230 (resized).jpg

240 (resized).jpg240 (resized).jpg

#503 6 years ago

Thank you for sharing the information on the Ferris Wheel

1 month later
#504 6 years ago

I'm swapping out my old PF to a CPR PF. Would anyone have an LED PF lighting recipe you'd like to share with me?

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from sawbill:

I'm swapping out my old PF to a CPR PF.

I can't help you with the LEDs, but I just finished my Cyclone swap, so let me know if you have any problems that I might be able to help with.

#506 6 years ago

Just sold Cyclone. I’ll miss it!

1 month later
#507 6 years ago

Anyone holding a Plastics Set they want to part with?

Alternatively, anyone sitting on the specific piece shown here (564-10SP)?

Thanks

CDB42945-A809-4E46-9695-BA8A1814D70D (resized).jpegCDB42945-A809-4E46-9695-BA8A1814D70D (resized).jpeg

#508 6 years ago

I've got that piece. It's 30 yrs old and kinda yellowed, but it's not broken. I took it off when I put on new CPR plastics. PM me your address and I'll send it to you if you want it.

15213551062531687679405 (resized).jpg15213551062531687679405 (resized).jpg

#509 6 years ago

I’ve looked at several pics and 99 percent of the roller coasters are on the right side of the skill shot area... but a few are on the left side....

Mine was on the left side (minority). It doesn’t sit real well on the right... any advice?

Randy

9642A836-D80E-4FDC-B772-CA1FD798B7EC (resized).jpeg9642A836-D80E-4FDC-B772-CA1FD798B7EC (resized).jpeg

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from flaa1a:

I’ve looked at several pics and 99 percent of the roller coasters are on the right side of the skill shot area... but a few are on the left side....
Mine was on the left side (minority). It doesn’t sit real well on the right... any advice?
Randy

???????????????????????????? explain!

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from flaa1a:

Randy

Its supposed to be on the right side... Sometimes people move it to the left to cover up damage and/or broken off mounting tabs. Your issue is that when they do this, the spacers you need to mount it on the right, tend to disappear.

#512 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply’s.... and that’s why it looks like this!!

Any ideas on making them?? Or just throw it on the left side!?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#513 6 years ago

Btw... my name is Randy and I’ve had this cyclone for about a month... it’s my first pin. I appreciate readin all the stuff and info you have all posted. I love playing this game as it takes me back to the late 80s! Cyclone was in the EZ stop in Plains Kansas and we would play in the evenings after cutting wheat or days on the farm.

I am having a sound issue with my Rottendogg MPU that we have installed (battery damage on old one). But it seems that several system 11 A-C maybe having similar issues... voices are way louder than music....

I’ll keep reading and hope to find a fix!

I also like to mess with old pop machines in my extra time.

#514 6 years ago

What’s in the garage? An old GMC pick-up? That cyclone doesn’t look bad at all.

#515 6 years ago

72 Chevy Cheyenne Super... other hobby. About into that as much as pins at this point.... maybe a bit more!! Hoping to learn more about pins!&

Used to be into Toyota FJ40s. Traded my 40 and bought a Chevy!!

7BE9CFB7-158B-4055-88E3-905A17DEDB75 (resized).jpeg7BE9CFB7-158B-4055-88E3-905A17DEDB75 (resized).jpeg

8C6285E3-2369-4E1E-9457-22C9C959BCE8 (resized).jpeg8C6285E3-2369-4E1E-9457-22C9C959BCE8 (resized).jpeg

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from flaa1a:

Thanks for the reply’s.... and that’s why it looks like this!!
Any ideas on making them?? Or just throw it on the left side!?

Any plastic or nylon bushing that is the smallest overall diameter, and the 6-32 screw will fit trough is fine... Dont get something to large in diameter or the gate wires will jam up on it... But you can trim those down too if necessary. They are about 3/8" tall, but obviously you can cut it down. I'm sure you could find something at a hardware store that would work. And probably pick up a couple screws that are long enough to go through everything.

#517 6 years ago

Thanks for the info... I was thinking about using a segment from a beaded jump rope... I give it a try tomorrow.

Randy

#518 6 years ago

That’s a great looking truck.

Welcome to the club. Cyclone is a great game.

#519 6 years ago

I joined the cyclone club in January. My first pin. Family loves it. One thing I would like to do is to set the jackpot at a higher starting value after we hit the three cyclones. We would like to start it at 2 1/2 million. I have looked through the manual but I am too new to this hobby and can't figure out what to do. Any suggestions on where to look to set it up differently? Thx.
update : so I think k I figured something out. I changed my Lane bonus to go from 5,000 factory setting to 99,000. I assume this will help get the jackpots back up faster. It was adjustment 42. I will play tomorrow and find out. Thx.

Added over 6 years ago: Jackpot grows much faster now but still starts at 500,000. Seems to have been successful with adjustment 42

#520 5 years ago

Hello Cyclone fans,I have a NOS skillshot ramp,with the gates and plastic installed.
Plus a NOS Ride the Comet main ramp,in original package.
Comes with the switch,light,and ramp flap attached already.

For sale,who needs them both.
No idea what they are worth either.

Skill shot ramp is sold,still have the other one.

#521 5 years ago

4F1F496B-3F5C-4068-A659-BAA3C9BA30CD (resized).jpeg4F1F496B-3F5C-4068-A659-BAA3C9BA30CD (resized).jpeg

148D6E06-BB66-470D-A11E-691961FB03FE (resized).jpeg148D6E06-BB66-470D-A11E-691961FB03FE (resized).jpeg

#522 5 years ago

My friend owns a Cyclone, which was given to him by his uncle a year ago. It is in player's condition. It plays well but the playfield was never waxed and has worn off and planked all over. It came with the manual and these decals, which I scanned at the college library, with his permission. They are not for sale, but may help someone reproduce them to be screen printed on vinyl. The missing flags are on the game's playfield. There is also a partial set for sale on eBay, and a photo of a bigger set on Planetary Pinball's site.

Cyclone decals (resized).jpgCyclone decals (resized).jpg

#523 5 years ago

I forgot to mention that the diamonds and rectangles are both 3 1/8” long by 1” tall when removed from the sheet. The black outlines bleed over about 1/16”.

#524 5 years ago

Do most of you have this piece on your Cyclone? I’m talking about the tickets plastic under the Ferris wheel. Mine is missing and I saw this one on another one here in town....just wondering?

Randy

6D1F74BF-619E-4B1E-AD63-6E6FE662C405 (resized).jpeg6D1F74BF-619E-4B1E-AD63-6E6FE662C405 (resized).jpeg

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from flaa1a:

Do most of you have this piece on your Cyclone? I’m talking about the tickets plastic under the Ferris wheel. Mine is missing and I saw this one on another one here in town....just wondering?
Randy

Mine does. Never thought to look on others.

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from flaa1a:

Randy

Umm, yes! It belongs there, its part of the game, its supposed to be there, and have nuts on the studs holding it on!

#528 5 years ago

Cyclone CPR Playfield. This has some crazing on the inserts and some rippling around the subway windows. This is considered a "C" level playfield. $300.00

IMG_5797 (resized).JPGIMG_5797 (resized).JPG
IMG_5798 (resized).JPGIMG_5798 (resized).JPG
IMG_5799 (resized).JPGIMG_5799 (resized).JPG
IMG_5800 (resized).JPGIMG_5800 (resized).JPG
IMG_5801 (resized).JPGIMG_5801 (resized).JPG
IMG_5802 (resized).JPGIMG_5802 (resized).JPG

#529 5 years ago

Hi all,

Just joined.

Picked up a project machine. It's in pretty nice shape except for two broken sling plastics, a couple of holes in the front cabinet and, oh yes....won't boot. of course two of the batteries leaked, but I don't see any obvious acid damage to the board. The diagnostics LED flickers, while the other 2 LEDs are solid. Also, no displays at all. Is that consistent with a bad CPU? When powered up, the GI lights, and you hear a chime, but that's it.

#530 5 years ago

+ 5 v and blanking LEDs on, diagnostic led blinking normal operation. Check displays fuse f1 on power supply

#531 5 years ago

1/10a slow blow + - 100v fuse on center back box is bad.

now to find one of those suckers and find out what caused it to blow.

#532 5 years ago

The HV section of power supply probably needs rebuilt,check for bad transistor in that section

#533 5 years ago

thx

#534 5 years ago

Does anyone have an old worn playfield they'd be willing to sell? Looking to practice my art skills by doing a custom modded version. Still needs to be straight and have intact inserts, as I'm hoping to swap it into my machine at some time.

#535 5 years ago

WoooHoooo.....

Got my new(ish) Cyclone playing. Kind of.

It turns out that the CPU is good. It still has a blown 1/10a fuse on the HV circuit, and a 5a on the GI circuit.

The remaining problems that I see at this time are:

1) No displays, hopefully replacing the 1/10a fuse will take care of that, although I'm not optimistic that it won't blow again.
2) The drop target does not pop up
3) Mystery Wheel on BG does not spin

Also, any recommendations to for replacing those missing batteries, I'd rather not run a remote battery holder. Perhaps a chip of some sort?

TIA.

It's a great feeling to see a machine come to life.

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

The remaining problems that I see at this time are:
1) No displays, hopefully replacing the 1/10a fuse will take care of that, although I'm not optimistic that it won't blow again.
2) The drop target does not pop up
3) Mystery Wheel on BG does not spin

Update:

I replaced the fuses, so far they haven't blown again.

Number 3 display does not work at all, the others do.

Drop target and Mystery Wheel still not working.

#537 5 years ago

New update.....

I ordered an Xpin display and some optos.

One of the fuses did blow again. It's the 5a SB on the GI fuse bank. wires are wht/grn any thoughts?

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Drop target and Mystery Wheel still not working.

Fixed. Bent pin on the power supply.

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from flaa1a:

Randy

Do you need this plastic? I'm sure I have my old one when I replaced the plastics.

Quoted from flaa1a:Do most of you have this piece on your Cyclone? I’m talking about the tickets plastic under the Ferris wheel. Mine is missing and I saw this one on another one here in town....just wondering?
Randy

#540 5 years ago

Hi everyone. Looking for advise for my cyclone. My Ferris Wheel is acting up. During regular play it will go normal but when a ball is shot into the wheel it will stop. I can move it with my hand a bit and it will work with the ball and throw it on to the ramp. I can see the motor turning under the playfield. any suggestions? Thanks

#541 5 years ago

You need to replace the belt. Here's a link to it at Marco; I'm sure it can be found elsewhere as well.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8145

#542 5 years ago

Does anyone have a good scan of the Spook House decal?

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Does anyone have a good scan of the Spook House decal?

I don't but you can buy nice ones here...

http://www.classic-arcades.com/STORE/index1.html?c10.html&1

Just replaced my spook a few weeks ago. Not sure why the set comes with rabbits rather than cats. Rabbits are for Comet.

Anyway, welcome to the club!!! Glad things seem to be fixing up pretty well for you.

#544 5 years ago

Thank you,

I couldn't find them at any of my usual suspects. I wish I saw this post before ordering from Ministry of Pinball and paying shipping from europe.

Oh well. They have rabbits too. Somewhere someone mixed up Cyclone with Comet.

#545 5 years ago

Does anyone have a picture and/or measurements of the 10k switch wireform?

Mine is broken off and the switch is not available anymore.

TIA

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Does anyone have a picture and/or measurements of the 10k switch wireform?
Mine is broken off and the switch is not available anymore.
TIA

1 1/4 inch out from end of where it connects.
Then 90 degree turn in.
1/2 inch.
Another 90 degree turn toward the front.
1/4 inch.
45 degree turn upwards.
1 1/4 inch.

Pics (worth 1000 words) coming shortly.

20180407_200403 (resized).jpg20180407_200403 (resized).jpg

#547 5 years ago

Perfect,

Thank you. I thought that it may look more like the other rollovers (it doesn't) The parts manual shows a totally different shape.

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Perfect,
Thank you. I thought that it may look more like the other rollovers (it doesn't) The parts manual shows a totally different shape.

No problem, learned something new, I also had no clue it was so different from the rest.

#549 5 years ago

always glad to help, lol

#550 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Do you need this plastic? I'm sure I have my old one when I replaced the plastics.

That would be great if you have it! Shot me a pm!? Thank you!

Randy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 1,793 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-clubmembers-only/page/11?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.