(Topic ID: 233810)

Cyclone - Certain Flashers Not Working

By Poindexter

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Newbie. Owned my Cyclone for 4 years. Works great. But a couple months ago some of the flashers stopped working. I have run the Lamp Test and the Coil Test. Looking at the manual I can't determine what I can do to fix these flashers. I tested all the fuses for continuity. All passed. I also swapped out known working lamps to the non-working and still no joy. From what I can see these are the flashers that are not working:
The 4 gate lane guide flashers
07C #89 Flashlamp Cyclone (pf) & R Eye (bb)
Flasher on 17 AE-23-800 Left Jet Bumper
Flasher on 19 AE-23-800 Right Jet Bumper
Flasher on 17 AE-23-800 Bottom Jet Bumper

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the Coil Test would test all these flashers.

Any guidance on ways to additionally diagnosis that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Poindexter:

07C #89 Flashlamp Cyclone (pf) & R Eye (bb)

This is a flasher.

Quoted from Poindexter:

Flasher on 17 AE-23-800 Left Jet Bumper
Flasher on 19 AE-23-800 Right Jet Bumper
Flasher on 17 AE-23-800 Bottom Jet Bumper

These are not flashers but pop coils.

Quoted from Poindexter:

Any guidance on ways to additionally diagnosis that would be greatly appreciated!

I would start by checking for power at the flasher bulbs that don't work. This power wire usually orange is jumpered from bulb to bulb and if there is a break somewhere then a group of bulbs maybe affected.
If the bulbs have power, then I would look at the resistors on the inner connect board. But since there a 4 bulbs out this would mean the 4 resistors have gone bad. I would think that a broken power wire is more likely.

#3 5 years ago

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I will test for power and backtrack to a break. Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-certain-flashers-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.