• Latest reply 11 years ago by parkway
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4348.JPG
#1 11 years ago

So after I could get myself to stop playing my new (and first) pin, a Cyclone, I started to get to work trying to diagnose and fix a couple of issues that came along with it. First I figured I'd tackle the relatively simple task of some lighting in the backbox that wasn't working.

IMG_4348.JPGIMG_4348.JPG

All those lights seem to share a common braid. No fuses out; I tested a known good bulb in a couple of sockets and still nothing. I can see where I assume it's fed power from the interconnect board; the connector is a little burned, but not totally toasted, and from what I can tell, is still making good contact with the header pin on the board. Header pins for that connector (I think it's J7) don't seem to be burned at all and in good shape. I think there's a relay (mounted on the back of the white board) that helps control these lights, but during attract mode I can still hear it clicking on and off when I put my ear to it; just no backbox lights. I've read Clay's guide and been sifting through posts here and RGP, but still can't seem to find a direction to go in to figure it out. I'm still a noob at circuitry and such. Anyone able to lend a hand? Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

Well for a start replace the connector that is a little burned and the pins on the board it plugs onto. When you put the new pins on, check continuity of them onto the board away from the repair area to be sure you didn't lose through board continuity.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Ok thanks. I've got molex parts on the way. I'll post back after I change the connector and header over.

#4 11 years ago

Sure enough, replaced the connector and they work. Thanks, LTG. Now on to the non-working left slingshot......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyclone-backbox-lighting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.