Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cyclone (resized).jpg
20210102_212500 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I bought a Cyclone a few years back and a lot of the GI bulbs were burnt out. I finally got around to fixing it. I pulled all of the playfield plastics and replaced all of the incandescent bulbs with LEDs in the GI. I knew some of the flashers were out but not as many as I found when I was changing the GI bulbs. I replaced all of the flasher bulbs that were bad with new # 89 incandescent flasher bulbs I had. Everything went well except for the three flashers under the playfield that are daisy-chained together blinked two or three times in test mode then went out. I lifted the playfield and saw all three of the flashers were blown.

Does anyone know what would cause the three flasher bulbs to burn out almost immediately and / or what I can do to diagnose and fix the problem? I have attached a picture of the three flashers in question. About 50% or more of the GI was burnt out and as I mentioned earlier a lot of the flashers were as well.
Is there possibly a bigger issue responsible for the amount of burnt out GI and flashers? The guy I got it off of did a playfield swap and you would think he would have at minimum replaced the burnt out GI bulbs and not put burnt out bulbs back in when he did the swap but who knows I guess.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

20210102_212500 (resized).jpg20210102_212500 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

The Boomerang flashers need to be #1251 lamps (28V).

Cyclone (resized).jpgCyclone (resized).jpg
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

The Boomerang flashers need to be #1251 lamps (28V).[quoted image]

Good find!

I was wondering what the "1251" on the display meant next to "boomerang" in test mode. None of the other flashers had any numbers with them in test mode.

I wonder why the boomerang flashers run at a different voltage?

Thank you very much for letting me know that I had the wrong bulbs in it!

#4 3 years ago

The voltage is the same (about 24V).
The "on" time is longer at the Boomerang.
That's why a 12V bulb burns right away after a few seconds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Belfast, NY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.