Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Luzur
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am restoring a Bally Cybernaut and I thought I was done till I was watching a few YouTube videos and realized some of my sounds aren't playing. This machine has been in my grandfathers private collection for the last 25 years and is in excellent shape, however as long as I can remember the sounds have been the same. It has the cybernaut "heartbeat" sound and others but not all of the sounds in the videos! Any suggestions the pin is the 808 of the 900 ever made. So I assume it would have had all of the chips and drivers they put in the game. Thanks for any hints or tips

#2 6 years ago

I don't know how much experience you have. There's a lot of possibilities here, but one of the first I would check is the sound options, there is several settings in the manual on page 7. http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=614

Next, check that the socketed ICs are firmly in place into the sockets. If it hasn't been touched in 25 years, there is a possibility of the phenomenon known as "chip creep" to occur, where the ICs lift out of the sockets gradually, sometimes causing pins to not make contact. Simply turn the power off and firmly press the socketed ICs into the sockets (sometimes you'll hear a creaking kind of noise, indicating the pins are going deeper into the socket) Anyway, it's one quick thing to check for.

Another would be a bad/loose or otherwise dirty cable connector to the sound board, or cracked or cold solder joints.

#3 6 years ago

Wayout, huge thanks and a quick easy fix. It was the default sound and after I use the manual from the link you provided I changed it and everything is working perfectly thank you so much!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from DCSPORTSFAN:

Wayout, huge thanks and a quick easy fix. It was the default sound and after I use the manual from the link you provided I changed it and everything is working perfectly thank you so much!

Excellent! you are welcome.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from DCSPORTSFAN:

Hahah, yeah, i ahd the same "problem" with my Cybernaut when i got it, totally wrong sounds

Luckily i had the original manual so i found out that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cybernaut-sound-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.