4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinstym
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinstym.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

We have a Compaq Presario V6000 that hasn't been able to be hooked up to the internet in 5 or 6 years. Virus? Haven't used it since. Wife says she needs to do a factory restore? The thing has gotta be at least 11 years old.

We also have a 9 year old Macbook Pro. We never use it.

All internet activity is on the phones nowadays.

I was thinking of grabbing a new laptop today. I'd like to be able mess with pinball browser, and I would like to have the ability to possibly make my own Pinsound mix (can't use a macbook for Pinsound?). Maybe even manage some music for my phone (have kies on the macbook and it hasn't worked correctly in probably 2 years now). I have a Galaxy S9 if it matters. Lots of music on an external hard drive.

Is there any cool deal out there today that anyone would say I should grab? I have absolutely no idea about features or specs. I pretty much want to at least do the stuff mentioned above.

Thanks for any feedback.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks.

I had ordered something and passed out before the time you posted.

After watching some cyber deal vids on YouTube, I got an HP Pavilion 15z touch with the upgraded screen for $499. It said it was a $850 savings. Idk. Hopefully it works out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinstym.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cyber-monday-laptop-help?tu=Pinstym and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.