Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Assuming the conditions of the pins are equal, do you guys think a CV Sample pin is a good straight up trade for an AFM? Do you think cash would have to be added to one side of the deal?

Thanks for any feedback
The Honch

#2 12 years ago

I'd say the CV is worth more but AFM has been trending higher lately so who knows.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Assuming the conditions of the pins are equal, do you guys think a CV Sample pin is a good straight up trade for an AFM? Do you think cash would have to be added to one side of the deal?

I think the CV owner would come out ahead in that deal: some cash would have to be added (IMHO)--based on desirability/availability.

#4 12 years ago

Are you only looking for trade? I have a buddy looking for a CV. Man I love you collection.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Are you only looking for trade? I have a buddy looking for a CV. Man I love you collection.

Thanks, I have been toying with the idea for a while. I gotta say I was looking at NM's collection and that could be my version of a perfect collection, it's only missing a BK2000. BTW I never heard back from you regarding your pinball problem, shoot me an e-mail with the issue. Maybe I can help.

Regards,
The Honch

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

I think the CV owner would come out ahead in that deal: some cash would have to be added (IMHO)--based on desirability/availability.

How much cash do you think would have to be added?

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I gotta say I was looking at NM's collection and that could be my version of a perfect collection, it's only missing a BK2000.

Thanks for the kind words Honch.

I'll have to play a BK2000.

Quoted from Honch:

That's a tough one. The unknown I'm not sure of is how much of a premium a buyer might assign to a CV being a sample vs regular production. Would of course also depend on the condition of the equal machines (both in need PFs & decals vs. being near perfect).

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

NM said:

Hard to judge the value of pins when price guides come out once a year.

An AFM just sold on RGP for 4000 bucks within 30 minutes. No pictures, No description, multiple offers. AFM is in demand right now. I think yours being a sample machine adds value though, the value is probably on your side depending on condition of each machine.

My point: Price guides probably have CV higher, but what people are currently buying and selling them for, they are about the same. If you get any cash in the deal, I think you would have made out in the long run as I think in a couple years the AFM will be worth more.

#9 12 years ago

PS--removing the sample aspect from the equation, these obvservations are noteworthy:

Both titles in need of PFs/decals to make them perfect: somewhere around $3800 each.

However, both titles in near-perfect condition--CVs: I know of an HUO that had a hard time pulling $6500; whereas AFM in the same condition...wouldn't surprise me if it brought 8K now (the demand just seems so high right now).

#10 12 years ago

I tend to agree with you NM, AFM seems to be a hot title right now. I value my game in the mid to high 4k range. The playfield on my game is nearly flawless. I'm not sure how much value is added because it's a sample. I figure it might add 1 or 2 hundred dollars based on the rarity.

#11 12 years ago

There seems to be a lot of Sample CVs ! AFM will always be worth more than CV even if the CV is in nicer shape !

Afm also has a ton of very cool mods that can be added to enhance the game, not so much for CV .

Good luck on the trade !

Jim

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Afm also has a ton of very cool mods that can be added to enhance the game, not so much for CV .

That's because CV already came with all the mods.

I have both, and with the stacking abilities in CV, which should be done on every single multi, I may give it the edge.

AFM has been selling at outrageous prices lately though. CV has been high for a while. I think its one of those things that comes down to the demand and you, as it's hard to base what one is worth over the other.

#13 12 years ago

I looked for a cv for a while. Most where above 5k. Found one for sub 4k but it could use new head decals and has some insert ghosting. Plays great.

A sample with a very nice playfield would probably fetch 5,500 and up.
AFM with a vey nice playfield would prob fetch 6k but both are affected by recent
Price inflations.

Could easily be an even swap depending on condition of pins. Just my .02c of course.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

My point: Price guides probably have CV higher, but what people are currently buying and selling them for, they are about the same. If you get any cash in the deal, I think you would have made out in the long run as I think in a couple years the AFM will be worth more.

Have to agree with this 100%. I would trade a CV for an AFM straight up in same condition no questions asked. AFM prices have been on the rise lately.

#15 12 years ago

Neil has a great collection for sure. Just has 1 or 2 too many sterns (JK).

Neil does have great taste in pins.

I think its a fair trade. AFM is a better pin IMO but they are both high A list pins. I just shopped my AFM this weekend and forgot how awesome it is.....probably the very best pin ever made. CV is up there too but I prefer to play my CV with a good buzz on.....

Play hard, have fun

Bill

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Neil has a great collection for sure. Just has 1 or 2 too many sterns (JK).

LOL!

FWIW, I really do want a CV one day (hopefully soon: been pursuing an abandoned location game for some time; reluctant owner).

Love JPop's flow.

Regards,

NM

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Have to agree with this 100%. I would trade a CV for an AFM straight up in same condition no questions asked. AFM prices have been on the rise lately.

+1 because it is the game I would most like to own out of the two.

#18 12 years ago

I really don't understand who made CV a A list pin ? I have had a CV and own a AFM ! I took the flippers out of CV and still joined the circus !

Jim

#19 12 years ago

AFM in my opinion is a much better pin. i've played cv many times and it's not my kind of theme.

I think AFM is the true holy grail of pins....thats why the price is on the rise.

when i can't decide I.....buy them both

#20 12 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I guess it's just something I'll have to work out if such a trade is offered. Anyway, if any owners of AFM are interested let me know.

Thanks,
The Honch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cv-trade-for-afm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.