• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by xfassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7387 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NYP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Broke my tube and need a replacement, nothings easy anymore . I see they're available as LED but I want to keep the original neon. So if I understand this, the originals are neon, which means they are white when off, colored when on. If they are colored when off, they are argon? Is there a noticeable difference? So anyone know who sells the closest to original neon?

#5 4 years ago

I did check out Bay Area, but in the description it says they remain the same color when off. I thought that meant they are argon? Has anyone tried the ones that Bay area sell? Would love to hear some feedback.
TIA

#12 4 years ago

I got an amazing offer from ralphwiggum that I couldn't pass up, hopefully if it works I can keep the original in there and not worry about a replacement. Thanks Tim! This is Pinside at it's best!

3 weeks later
#13 4 years ago

Big Shout out to Tim (ralphwiggum) for going to all the trouble finding the right box, doing a great packing job and sending me his CV neon tube, let's hope it's contagious! Thanks again Tim!

1 month later
#15 4 years ago

Unfortunately the neon on got from Tim was DOA, regardless it was a nice gesture and much appreciated. I thought I would try the neon from Pinball Center in Germany because he had green but it arrived 5" inches shorter than the original? Anyone else had this happen? I have 2 CV's and both neons are 5"- 6" longer than the one I got from pinball center. He claims I'm the only one, I find that difficult to believe that no one would notice such a big difference in size. Anyway I'll probably try the ones from planetary, they only have yellow and purple left. Thanks again Tim, you tried!

IMG_7387 (resized).jpgIMG_7387 (resized).jpg
#18 4 years ago

I did try the transformer and no luck, probably going with the purple neon from Bay area, just to keep it more original, but I'm tempted by the LED replacement, seems a lot easier, but seems I don't do things the easy way

Be careful ordering these from the Pinball Center, I don't see how I could be the only one to complain about such a difference in length. It's not like it's an inch shorter, if you look at the pic it's significant.
thanks again Tim!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NYP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cv-neon-replacement-options?tu=NYP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.