(Topic ID: 100496)

CV Multi-ball stacking strategies, let's hear em.

By hardware

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by hardware
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I had this machine for almost 4 years and never looked into Multi-ball stacking which is probably the best feature on this pin, lol. Today I randomly stacked Multi-balls 3 times in one game and man does it make this game come alive. Now I gotta get the rules down to do this more often. Reminded me of playing total annihilation with 4 balls. Very busy and a lot of fun. Awesome stuff!

#2 9 years ago

No replies? I always try to knock out the first ringmaster right away. Then bring the 2nd ringmaster up. Now I work on either Juggler or Highwire and get 2 locks( I prefer Juggler as those failed ramp shots are deadly.) Now I get most but not all hits on the ringmaster. Now start Juggler or Highwire multiball and start pounding the ringmaster to get the two multiballs stacked. ALWAYS keep a ball trapped on the right during this stack. That way, when you drain down to one ball you can quickly hit the ramp to collect the Voltair's Multiple Jackpots. Another great stack is to collect three(or is it 4?) ramps before getting any locks. Now lock 3 balls on the Highwire ramp. If your last shot to the lock is also your last shot to begin Strike an Arc you can stack Strike an Arc with Highwire. Stack this with Ringmaster and you are really stacking on CV!

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for your post Loter_breath this is something I will be trying

#4 9 years ago

Multiball good!!!!!!

So many ways I do not strategize this.

#5 9 years ago

For completion's sake, here are the major stacks you are able to accomplish in Cirqus Voltaire:

- Ringmaster + Highwire + Strike-an-Arc
- Ringmaster + Juggler
- Ringmaster + Strike-an-Arc
- Ringmaster + Highwire
- Highwire + Strike-an-Arc
- Neon + Juggler (this multiball is EPIC; but it takes pure luck to activate it. When Juggler multi and side show is lit, Neon can be stacked, which allows for huge scores)

#6 9 years ago

I have my Ringmaster on a timer. Makes it interesting trying to stack him with other things.

In the Home Roms, up to 5 multiballs can be stacked,

Ringmaster
Highwire
Strike an arc
Juggler
NEON

The first 4 can be forced to stack concurrently because of the multiball restart feature, but NEON cannot be forced to stack with the others.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks to both who provided this info !

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

For completion's sake, here are the major stacks you are able to accomplish in Cirqus Voltaire:
- Ringmaster + Juggler
- Ringmaster + Highwire
- Neon + Juggler (this multiball is EPIC; but it takes pure luck to activate it. When Juggler multi and side show is lit, Neon can be stacked, which allows for huge scores)

This exactly. I almost get pissed off if I don't do the first one for the first Frenzy.

It's been said that you can stack SaA, High, and a RM, and if you previously had juggler ready for ball three, once you drain the second last ball in MB, shoot the juggle before the MB times out, and you restart the previous three and add juggler to it. I have tried and tried this, and if it is possible, the window must be uber tight, as I have never been able to do this. tough to keep trying when you can just hit the ramp immediately after MB and cash out the super duper jackpots.

As for Neon - your machine gives Neon?? you lucky bastard. Home roms make it next to impossible to get. I've seen it I believe 7 times in the 3.5 years I have owned it. Wicked cool though when it happens.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

This exactly. I almost get pissed off if I don't do the first one for the first Frenzy.
It's been said that you can stack SaA, High, and a RM, and if you previously had juggler ready for ball three, once you drain the second last ball in MB, shoot the juggle before the MB times out, and you restart the previous three and add juggler to it. I have tried and tried this, and if it is possible, the window must be uber tight, as I have never been able to do this. tough to keep trying when you can just hit the ramp immediately after MB and cash out the super duper jackpots.
As for Neon - your machine gives Neon?? you lucky bastard. Home roms make it next to impossible to get. I've seen it I believe 7 times in the 3.5 years I have owned it. Wicked cool though when it happens.

I played the Pinball Arcade emulation to gather info

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

- Ringmaster + Juggler
- Ringmaster + Highwire

Thanks for the info. I don't think I have ever had NEON MB. How do you start it?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Thanks for the info. I don't think I have ever had NEON MB. How do you start it?

NEON is a random side show award.

Side show, when lit, is available at the left orbit.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

NEON is a random side show award.
Side show, when lit, is available at the left orbit.

Random is too kind. You have a better shot of being struck by a russian satellite than seeing it in home roms.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Another great stack is to collect three(or is it 4?) ramps before getting any locks. Now lock 3 balls on the Highwire ramp.

2 shots. 2 + lock 3 balls = 5 shots for (the first) strike an arc.

arc/hw/rm is the easiest giant stack and is usually easily good for 40M or so points.

Depends on the situation of course, but in match play I would usually try to stack one of juggler/hw/arc with each of the multiball ringmasters. Any stack gets you 4 balls, and having easy stacks for each ringmaster is pretty advantageous. That said, I would probably only generally bother shooting for VMJ with arc or otherwise 3 MBs running.

2 weeks later
#14 9 years ago

At first people weren't replying to this. I thought people hated me for at least a week.

Now I'm busy cleaning up my WH2O, but I will get back to this thread. I'm glad people are putting in some advice. Looking forward to using it.

#15 9 years ago

Is it actually *less* likely on the home rom? I mean, of course it is when Copy Cat (ugh) is one of the awards, but of the remaining awards is it less likely?

Maybe it's time someone makes a new version of the home rom... One without Copy Cat

#16 9 years ago

I think I've read if you beat 2 or 3 ringmasters before going to the sideshow for the first time during the same game neon Multiball will be the reward. Not sure if this is accurate or even close.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
1,234 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cv-multi-ball-stacking-strategies-lets-here-em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.