• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by arolden
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi all,
Having problems with cirqus voltaire juggler saucer solenoid.
During gameplay the solenoid is very weak and has to fire several times to just barely eject the ball.
However, when I go into the solenoid test menu it fires hard every time without fail and has no issues ejecting the ball. This is happening to the right saucer, the left is working fine.
Any ideas?

2 weeks later
#2 6 years ago

Have you tested the driver transistor for that solenoid?

#3 6 years ago

Take the mechanism apart and clean it. There is likely dried grease that is slowing the eject down. This happen to my TOTAN and it was a simple thing to clean up and fix.

4 months later
#4 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Have you tested the driver transistor for that solenoid?

Yes. I've changed out the transistor. Didn't make a difference. Just don't know why the solenoid fires strong in test mode but weak during gameplay.

#5 6 years ago

Did you clean the crap out of it? Test mode and gameplay have different amounts of available power. Mechanical binding can be just enough resistance to be weak during gameplay and strong when there’s more current for testing.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Take the mechanism apart and clean it. There is likely dried grease that is slowing the eject down. This happen to my TOTAN and it was a simple thing to clean up and fix.

Cleaned everything and replaced the solenoid and sleeve but still weak during gameplay.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Did you clean the crap out of it? Test mode and gameplay have different amounts of available power. Mechanical binding can be just enough resistance to be weak during gameplay and strong when there’s more current for testing.

I'll try swapping over the eject post from the other saucer and make sure they're super clean. Thanks for the advice.

#8 6 years ago

Yeah, since there are two of them and they’re wired the same, see if it travels with the mechanism. If not, I would look at the board after that. Good luck.

#9 6 years ago

Is the plunger rubbing against or hitting the red eject shield at all? This would cause it to be weaker than normal. Loosen the assembly slightly and readjust it to test.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.50
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cv-juggler-saucer-eject-weak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.