Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jpop_lineup.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I've seen these CVs going like wildfire these last few weeks. What's up with that?

If I were to say I will consider offers of $8k for mine would people be interested?

Not even sure if it's a price check thread, but for that coin, I probably couldn't say no...

#2 11 years ago

I think the 6k to 7.5k range is what they are selling for (condition and location being a factor). CV is not riding the gravy train like MM, AFM, or MB in price craziness

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I've seen these CVs going like wildfire these last few weeks. What's up with that?
If I were to say I will consider offers of $8k for mine would people be interested?
Not even sure if it's a price check thread, but for that coin, I probably couldn't say no...

I'm with you. It seems like they were going for about $6.5 for quite awhile and now may have taken another small jump. I really love mine, as does my family, but it's getting close to the take the money and run point! We'll see what happens at MGC. I usually get nice offers there even though mine is not perfect and it's always marked not for sale...LOL!

#4 11 years ago

I'm tempted to put up a feeler just to see what bites on the hook!

#5 11 years ago

Just sold mine for $6500, a real nice one might fetch $7k. High end restor could bring $8k I would say

#6 11 years ago

My guess is they will be increasing in price once playfields become available.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

That seems to be the usual trend. As CV is known for playfield issues with insert ghosting, clearcoat chipping, etc...I'm guessing it will be even more important to this title.

In a way I hope they don't keep climbing because my daughter would not be happy with me if I sold it!

#8 11 years ago

Not uncommon to see collectors acting like lemmings and selling their machines when others are fetching a premium. It's been the flavor of the month recently and even some posts were made commenting about it. Once people start talking about it then everyone must get one to keep up with the Joneses. I like CV and owned one it the past, but for the price it's fetching I can think of a number of other games I would rather own.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I think the 6k to 7.5k range is what they are selling for (condition and location being a factor). CV is not riding the gravy train like MM, AFM, or MB in price crazines

+1

Most I've seen sell lately have been mid 6's or a little lower. I think they have to be really nice to break that 6.5 mark.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

You mean playfields that actually have decent, correct colors? Playfields have actually been available for a bit at shows, but they're pretty bad.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#11 11 years ago

Last year I had two friend's pick up their really nice ones for $6000 (HUO claimed) and $7000 (HUO documented with bill of sale). I had my CV for around 2 months and this sight made me happy each time to see it but I just wasn't enjoying it as much as TOM or TOTAN so when the opportunity was presented to me to roll it into another game I enjoy much more I did it.

jpop_lineup.jpgjpop_lineup.jpg

My CV was pretty nice for a re-import with scrolls and Bill Davis clearcoated playfield which was traded for a HUO SM (red) this past January so I would like to think I got $6000 value out of mine. I had just a little bit less then that into it because it did have some issues the previous owner didn't know how to deal with such as your typical bad switch bodies for that era of WPC95 game and a ribbon cable that wasn't seated properly causing random resets

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

My CV was pretty nice for a re-import with scrolls and Bill Davis clearcoated playfield which was traded for a HUO SM (red) this past January

I traded my huo SM red last summer for my CV...I think I had the SM priced at 4500. No clearcoafed playfield though...but other than a chip below the flippers, has a super nice one.

#13 11 years ago

I see dealers selling CV well over 10k, seems to have taken a major jump. Its certainly a very unique machine. I enjoy mine, but the theme looks very out of place in my collection. Yes, the IPB playfields are horrible, I bought one.

#14 11 years ago

6 to 7 grand a lot of them out there

#15 11 years ago

I remember seeing them at $6500 HUO from the likes of Teekee, I thought the price was ridiculous even then for that title.

#16 11 years ago

I know some people aren't big fans of actual ads or sales but here goes:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-cirqus-voltaire
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cv-in-florida-boca-raton-33428-for-saletrade
same one with the price lowered: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cv-6250-boca-raton-fl-33428

Here's a CQ one from RGP that I saw priced higher, didn't sell, then the price got lowered. Scroll down to second post:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cv

There was also a fairly decent one on here in Minnesota that Im unable to find right now but it was priced aboved 6k, finally came down to 5700 or 5800, and sold.

Fattrain just sold his for mid 6k's he said (I remember him typing it in some thread, didn't see it in this one) I wouldn't have thought it was worth quite that, but it sold.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-cv-in-northern-california

I also personally had a perfect HUO one offered to me for $8.75k. Which I thought was crazy.

From me watching prices of these closely for the last few months, and I have, I would say that they are typically worth high 5k's to low 7k's depending on condition.

Just my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cv-is-worth-what-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.