Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by whthrs166
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Just a little point in the right direction please.

On occasions my flippers don't work when I start a game. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I've tested them in switch tests and they activate and beep as they should. I also gave the optos a really good clean with some IPA not that long ago which removed a lot of dust and dirt.

What else should I be looking for? A mate has suggested replacing the U20 chip I think he said???

Thanks.

#2 4 years ago

U20 on the CPU has nothing to do with flipper which run through the fliptronics board.

I'd reseat ribbon cable between CPU and driver board for a start.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

U20 on the CPU has nothing to do with flipper which run through the fliptronics board.
I'd reseat ribbon cable between CPU and driver board for a start.
LTG : )

Thanks LTG. Will have a look over the weekend.

#4 4 years ago

This may also be as simple as making sure the coin door interlock switch is fully closing enabling the high power.
IF the ball is always kicking out of the trough though you can skip that suggestion because the coils are working and just not the flippers so a look deeper is needed but it is worth a glance if not. The bracket that closes the interlock switch can easily bend back a bit and not engage it well.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

This may also be as simple as making sure the coin door interlock switch is fully closing enabling the high power.
IF the ball is always kicking out of the trough though you can skip that suggestion because the coils are working and just not the flippers so a look deeper is needed but it is worth a glance if not. The bracket that closes the interlock switch can easily bend back a bit and not engage it well.

Thank you for the tip! The balls have been kicking out perfectly but will triple check this as well.

#6 4 years ago

Why is it with this machine one issue opens a Pandora's box!!

Re-seated ribbon cables and now I have the VUK constantly firing when the game turns on?! Originally it was one of the Juggler holes, now this?!?

Thoughts please.

#7 4 years ago

We have a CV in our club and it has been a PITA sometimes by locking multiple coils on at start and other random stuff going on. Eventually we reseated the ASIC (large square IC on the CPU-board) and it has been working ever since. Also, some ribbon cables might need to be replaced, reseating them doesn't always help. The sockets in the header has lost its contact pressure and/or its plating.

My first test would be to change the ribbon cables with another game or new cables.

#8 4 years ago

with the VUK firing it sounds to me like you might have an opto board issue. That game has a 7 switch opto board under the play field. I would start by reseating all the plugs (game off) on the opto board. If that doesn't help, try swapping the board from another game that uses that 7 switch opto board if you have one. TOM, TAF, TZ, ect...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
1,234 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cv-flippers-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.