New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 117625)

CV Cirqus Voltaire ROM #?

By Magicchiz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by bobukcat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

CV Owners. What ROM are you running? Have to had any issues? I just picked up one with the original 1.3. Everything seem ok. But I heard the Home Rom is the way to go. What does everyone think? Again any issues after changing?
Magicchiz

#2 5 years ago

Home ROM is the way to go!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Home ROM is the way to go!

Agreed

#4 5 years ago

Like everyone already said: 2.0 H ist a must. Makes CV a totally new game adding animation abort, new levels for the wizard mode second time through, new video mode, option for Timed Ringmaster Modes, etc. etc.

Here's the (pretty extensive) change log: http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/cv_home.txt

No issues here.

#5 5 years ago

homeroom you can skip animations with flipper button. Speeds it up after you have played some games on it.

#6 5 years ago

The home rom is what you want, unless you have some reason to need coin operation.

LMK if you need one!

#7 5 years ago

I used to run a self-modified version of the home ROM when I had my sample games. It also helped that I beta'd the home rom, so I'm really partial to it.

#8 5 years ago

I'd be shocked if anyone seriously recommends anything other than the home ROM. If they did, I'd suspect sarcasm or trolling. (Not including a location operator)

#9 5 years ago

Ok Home rom it is. Where is the best place to pick one up?
Magicchiz

#10 5 years ago

I maybe in for some home rom's also. I will need to check to what I have in it now.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

The rom files are on www.ipdb.org/

You can get a flashed EPROM on ebay.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Pinsider Johnwartjr. He posted three comments above yours.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

The home rom is what you want, unless you have some reason to need coin operation.
LMK if you need one!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

Here's where I usually get them.

http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/wpc.html

#14 5 years ago

That's a good place to start. They are cheaper on my site than they are on eBay. I appreciate any and all business

#15 5 years ago

Ok John Payment sent! I am assuming that is all I need. No security chip or sound upgrade?
Magicchiz

2 years later
#17 3 years ago

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I found it and ordered myself a home rom from http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/wpc.html. I payed for this via PayPal, but have yet to hear anything after almost 2 weeks and multiple emails.

Can anyone recommend another place to get this eprom, other than eBay?

2 years later
#18 4 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I found it and ordered myself a home rom from http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/wpc.html. I payed for this via PayPal, but have yet to hear anything after almost 2 weeks and multiple emails.
Can anyone recommend another place to get this eprom, other than eBay?

Any updates? I'd like a Home ROM also.

#20 4 months ago

This Home ROM is your best bet.

#21 4 months ago

If someone were to ask me nicely, I'll burn them a ROM, and charge the cost of the chip and shipping.

4 weeks later
#22 3 months ago

How do you install it?

#23 3 months ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

How do you install it?

You pull the old chip out and insert a new one, preferrably with a good DIP style chip puller but if you are careful a small flat blade screwdriver will do the trick. Just be sure the game is turned off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 189.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside