Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Ballypinball
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Does anyone know where to pickup a backbox light panel (white backbox tub) for a CV? Looked in all the usual spots and even cold called a few places to see if they had anything kicking around, as at this point just about anything would be better the the one that’s in place.

#2 8 months ago

The uniqueness of that light panel and the rarity of demand makes it hard to find. Did you try Pinball Spare Parts Australia? Maybe a wanted ad in the market.

#3 8 months ago

I have an idea. Since I have not attempted this I could be wrong. If the light panel is the same width as a typical wpc 95 panel, the you might be able to make one using two of the blank ones from like, Marco. You could cut both panels to make one longer panel to fit the CV back glass. Since you cant see it once it’s installed the seam would be irrelevant. It would work til you could find a replacement.

#4 8 months ago

Hello, i also search this one in new or a replacement, but its really hard to find. Nobody has one...

I had to do a big repair on my because of the cannon. But now its fixed for years. If you want to check how i made that here is a link from a german forum. Check the pictures, it will help to get an idea.

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/plastikwanne-cirqus-voltaire-gebrochen.219743/

Hope this helps...

Greetings Daniel

#5 8 months ago

Is it not possible to make a wood panel light board ?
The plastic tubs are always brittle and hard to deal with.
Was going to look at this option on my AFM , but it went to a new home

#6 8 months ago

I also searched the world and could not find one. I managed to restore mine around the cannon with fibre glass and white plastic paint made it look like new but it is very brittle still. Was advised to consider micro sheets of fibre glass and white gel coat but that would make the tub thicker and cause grief with the plastic posts

I was going to find out if this could be 3D scanned and then 3D printed in a better modern material but cost may well be an issue on a one print basis.

Not sure if anyone has tried this yet?

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Is it not possible to make a wood panel light board ?
The plastic tubs are always brittle and hard to deal with.
Was going to look at this option on my AFM , but it went to a new home

Not sure how you would get the edges done in wood so it would fit the channels. Did you have something you were going to try?

#8 8 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The uniqueness of that light panel and the rarity of demand makes it hard to find. Did you try Pinball Spare Parts Australia? Maybe a wanted ad in the market.

Yeah tried them no luck. Sent an email to see if they had something unlisted

#9 8 months ago
Quoted from BigMo:

I also searched the world and could not find one. I managed to restore mine around the cannon with fibre glass and white plastic paint made it look like new but it is very brittle still. Was advised to consider micro sheets of fibre glass and white gel coat but that would make the tub thicker and cause grief with the plastic posts
I was going to find out if this could be 3D scanned and then 3D printed in a better modern material but cost may well be an issue on a one print basis.
Not sure if anyone has tried this yet?

Fibre glass seems like an okay idea. Right now it’s using duct tape so fibre glass would be a step up? Did you just use tape and drill out the light holes?

#10 8 months ago

Pretty sure i have a stack of these

#11 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I also might be interested in one of those!

#12 8 months ago

same here. Let us know if you find some Ballypinball

#13 8 months ago

Pm sent

#14 8 months ago

whthrs166 - Yes please, I’m in

#15 8 months ago
Quoted from Dr-Hex:

Fibre glass seems like an okay idea. Right now it’s using duct tape so fibre glass would be a step up? Did you just use tape and drill out the light holes?

I am documenting my rebuild and this is the post around the panel, hope this helps. We easy but messy and took about 60mins. I left the panel for about 24 hours before I painted it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-rebuild-#post-5969572

Here is the before and after

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-rebuild-/page/2#post-5980088

#16 8 months ago

yes i have some found the box, just had personal issues this past 2 weeks with family member passing away in pallitive care
will get back to people Monday

#17 8 months ago

yes i have some found the box, just had personal issues this past 2 weeks with family member passing away in pallitive care

Damn... Sorry for your loss. Thanks and looking forward to your PM.

#18 8 months ago

Yes, sorry for you loss.

I would be interested in one also.

#19 8 months ago

I want one as a spare if you have luck finding.

#20 8 months ago

Sorry to hear that mate and no rush, you and your family come before pinball

#21 8 months ago

So sorry for your loss. Family always comes first.

#22 8 months ago

Got one I only have 3 will reply to you and the next 2 that responded

#23 8 months ago

all sold pending payment

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside