Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rx3
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you already cut your cable services?”

• I am not living in the 20th Century! I cut it a long time ago. 87 votes
      72%
    • Thinking about it..... 20 votes
      17%
    • I am holding on for dear life! 14 votes
      12%

(121 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1906D28D-59F1-455D-9FC9-F1256F211965.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 3 years ago

Late to the cord cutting party but finally cancelled my cable - Verizon is coming Jan 20th to upgrade Fios internet from 75M to 1G and dropping the TV and 3 boxes altogether - was paying $235 monthly, new bill will be $80. Not planning on adding any TV service if it has commercials, we do pay for Prime, Netflix, Hulu and use a shared HBO account

Also shout-out to mcluvin who piqued my interest when he mentioned using a home network Pi-Hole adblocker. Literally may be the best thing I did for myself in 2020 as it filters out much of the nonsense the internet has become. Raspberry Pi kit was $70 on Amazon and only took about an hour or so to set it up using various YouTube videos.

It's very interesting to see how different website have commercialized, on Pinside I get zero blocked queries but if I go to a site like CNN it blocks 60+ ads and trackers per page

1 week later
    #56 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
    I cut my cable this morning! YAHOO!

It's official! Woke up this morning to disconnected cable - seems the earth is still spinning so I think we will be OK.

Cant wait for the first bill without TV package/box rentals

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

They didn't make it easy! After waiting for 25 mins for a customer service rep, the smooth jazz hold music finally stopped. She tried to convince me to stay offering me all sorts of discounts and other options. After I repeatedly said no thank you. She said it would take her a second to update my account and then... We got cut off. Lol
    Had to call back and do the whole thing over again... I got a different person this time and it went through. I even ran over to my TV to check after hanging up. Lol.

I cancelled mine using Verizon's using online chat. Super easy chat took all of 10 mins - was obviously offshore customer service so when he started on his script for customer retention I suggested we save both of us time and just cancel the tv package, upgrade internet to 1G, and I purchase their modem. He sent an email for me to confirm what we agreed to and the deal was done.

All things considered it was a pleasant and efficient experience

#62 3 years ago

Ha - and the Verizon installer today was a pinhead! He mentioned he has been looking for a Tales from the Crypt and he had never heard of Pinside, so I expect we will have a new member soon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cutting-the-cable-cord-poll?tu=boscokid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.