Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rx3
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you already cut your cable services?”

• I am not living in the 20th Century! I cut it a long time ago. 87 votes
      72%
    • Thinking about it..... 20 votes
      17%
    • I am holding on for dear life! 14 votes
      12%

(121 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1906D28D-59F1-455D-9FC9-F1256F211965.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Thinking about cutting my cable and saving $100/month. Are you still paying for cable and if not, what streaming services (if any) do you subscribe to?

We just did this a month ago. Finally dumped DirectTV and saved $115 per month for their "cheapest" package. We just weren't watching it at all anymore and with hardly any new programming coming out, it made it even that much easier. I was hesitant for the longest time, but I can honestly say it was a fantastic move and I wouldn't go back. We have Amazon Prime, got a free 6 months worth of Disney+ with 2,000 Disney rewards points and I just paid $9 for a month of Nextflix to watch Cobra Kai...which I will probably just cancel now until there is something else I really care about on it again. Plus we have all the standards for free; Roku, Digital Antenna (40 channels), Youtube, etc. Even with just the free stuff, it's more than we could ever watch.

In vintage fashion, trying to cancel DirectTV was a joke. We called and they "let" us cancel really easily, I was surprised. Then came reality. They called 5 different times after that trying to get us to stay until I got them to stop. I was assured I had paid through Dec. 21st and after that I didn't need to do anything and just wait for the confirmation e-mail...which never came. Dec. 21st came and went and we did lose our service, but we got our bill notice and DirectTV was still on there. Had to call them two more times where I was still assured that we would not be billed for anything no matter what the notice said. Brace yourselves...they still charged us $115...shocker. At that point, I just called the credit card and disputed the charge as I was through wasting my time with them. The credit card company gave us the credit, got it worked out and now in Jan. we were not billed again. Yay.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cutting-the-cable-cord-poll?tu=LesManley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.