Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by moonwk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Can anyone give me some advice the best way to cut chrome trim so the edges are nice, straight and smooth like the ones that are on there currently. I tried an utility knife but it just isn’t cutting it.
    Thank you,

#2 6 years ago

I used a hack saw on mine.

#3 6 years ago

Which hacksaw blade worked for you?

#4 6 years ago

I assume your talking flexible T mounding around the head. I cut chrome trim for my Avatar LE one time and recalling trying to get it 100% perfect with no luck. Once I installed this it, I was happy with the outcome just the same.

You might be able to replicate a grove to put the end in so the trim lays flat. Cut across with a straight edge, remove from groove and cut the back spine of t-molding.

#5 6 years ago

I simply used a standard blade. I laid the channel on its side and just took my time cutting especially towards the end. Knock off any little burrs with some fine sand paper

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I assume your talking flexible T mounding around the head. I cut chrome trim for my Avatar LE one time and recalling trying to get it 100% perfect with no luck. Once I installed this it, I was happy with the outcome just the same.
    You might be able to replicate a grove to put the end in so the trim lays flat. Cut across with a straight edge, remove from groove and cut the back spine of t-molding.

I will try this. Any special blades.

#7 6 years ago

Fresh razor blade works great - press through like you would butter... don't 'saw'

Support the piece where you are cutting

#9 6 years ago

Scissors for the win

#10 6 years ago

I will try each of these and see what works best for the final cut.
    Thank you

#11 6 years ago

Ok. Razor and hard backing worked out well. What type of glue do you recommend?

#12 6 years ago

Gorilla Glue!

#13 6 years ago

Elmers

#14 6 years ago

How about rubber cement? Is that going to damage the wood?

#15 6 years ago

You don't really want to glue it in if you don't have to. Right sized T-molding stays in with friction. If it's too small... just use some hotglue dabs here and there to help tighten it up. like every 8" or so.

#16 6 years ago

Any particular hot glue you would suggest?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cutting-cutting-chrome-trim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.