(Topic ID: 31405)

Custom/Different shooter rods..whatchu got?

By Toasterdog

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shrek_shooter_005.jpg
    SAM_0015.JPG
    SAM_0013.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Seems like there is lots of opportunity to put personal spin on shooter rods. I'm sure plenty of you have. Now yesterday I changed out my standard RBION with a silver/swirl ball shooter rod from pinball life and think it looks pretty good. I also bought a blank rod and plan on making a custom one for myself for Tron or RBION, just need to come up with a good idea.

I have seen a few for sale and some look good, but seems like there should be more out there.

Just curious if anyone has a pin where they made there own or swapped a different one in and would like to show it off. Thanks SAM_0013.JPGSAM_0013.JPG SAM_0015.JPGSAM_0015.JPG

#2 11 years ago

I've seen a great looking boulder one for WH20, perfect fit in the theme of the game. Would love to get my hands on one for mine.

#3 11 years ago

I wanted to post pics since I'm asking others to do so. Not the best pics, but have to head off to work so don't have time to stage and perfect my photos.

#4 11 years ago

I can't take a picture now, and I've since swapped it for a more conventional one,

But I bought a Radical! from forumite PEN, and it came with a custom-made skateboard shooter rod that I believe he said he made himself. It's pretty cool, but it just never felt right to me.

Hey PEN, if you want it back for any reason. It's just sitting in the cash box.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

But I bought a Radical! from forumite PEN, and it came with a custom-made skateboard shooter rod that I believe he said he made himself. It's pretty cool, but it just never felt right to me.

Yep, has to feel good in the hand for sure. I'm not going to be putting a lightcycle on my shooter rod for tron. Might look okay, but wouldn't feel right. (Not even sure it would look good lol)

#6 11 years ago

Seems like there is lots of opportunity to put personal spin on shooter rods. I'm sure plenty of you have. Now yesterday I changed out my standard RBION with a silver/swirl ball shooter rod from pinball life and think it looks pretty good. I also bought a blank rod and plan on making a custom one for myself for Tron or RBION, just need to come up with a good idea.
    I have seen a few for sale and some look good, but seems like there should be more out there.
    Just curious if anyone has a pin where they made there own or swapped a different one in and would like to show it off. Thanks

I have made a few, 8 and 9 balls and the swirls for CV.

http://www.pullsdirect.com/liberty-hardware-pn9013-34mm-small-wire-swirl-knob-with-ball-top-from-the-forged-iron-ii-collection/p1164777

Here is one I made for Shrek.

shrek_shooter_005.jpgshrek_shooter_005.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/customdifferent-shooter-rodswhatchu-got and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.