3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bemmett
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I am debating whether I want to go all in on this mod or not, so I am posting this to see if there is any interest. I initially made these plastics for myself, but because of the minimum order required I ended up with a few extra sets that I have already sold. Now the question is whether I should print more and sell them on top of what I have already done. Without further ado, here is what I made:

Wolverine plastic to go over the newton ball mod from Mezel mods:
20150117_pinball_0012_(resized).JPG

Replacement for Magneto:
20150117_pinball_0034_(resized).jpg

Replacement for the blackbird:
20150117_pinball_0013_(resized).JPG

When I got the newton mod I wasn't into the idea of using a figurine on top of the 3D printed bracket so I came up with the plastic to go over it. Once I had that I felt that Magneto seemed to stand out too much, so I made up a new plastic to replace him with. Finally, I have never been a fan of the stacked plastic over the blackbird so I made a new one for there as well.

What do you guys/gals think? I am worried that it's only a small subset of XM owners who have the newton mod, so the potential market might be pretty small.

#6 3 years ago

So it looks like most people are into just getting a piece or two instead of the whole set. That may change how many of each I would print. I thinking I would do an equal amount of each, but maybe I should do fewer Magneto's and more Wolverines and blackbirds.

2 weeks later
#16 3 years ago

Sorry guys, I have been really busy with work but I do plan on making another run sooner than later. I'll update here when they are ready and make a real for sale thread with all the info.

1 week later
#22 3 years ago

I will be doing another run, it's just a matter of finding time and energy. I am super busy with work right now, buy hopefully it will slow down a bit at the end of the month.

1 month later
#28 3 years ago

Sorry guys, life has just been too busy for me to get around to printing more of these. Plus shipping is a hassle that I don't feel like dealing with again. However, I am really happy with how they turned out, so here are the image files for whoever wants to try and print their own. See this link: http://imgur.com/a/aQ0HW

I had them printed and laser cut at a local print shop and used the following sizes:
Blackbird: 1.75" across at the top, or maybe closer to 1.875" if you want.
Wolverine: 2.125" across.
Magneto: 5.75" across with the back cape scaled to overlap a little bit.

I printed magneto in two pieces and used double sided tape to attach them together. It give it a bit more depth which I thought turned out pretty well. For all of them I would recommend that you do some test prints to get the sizes the way you want before going somewhere to get them printed for real.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redundor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside