P1020317.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Finished up my custom TSPP. Has all nuclear green trim powder coated by Matt at back alley. Ramps are powder coated green on the left and purple on the right. Has a green DMD. Green trim around the back box. The playfield is clear coated. The pin is a HUO thanks coasterguy.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Pics P1020317.JPGP1020317.JPG P1020318.JPGP1020318.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Pics
] P1020319.JPGP1020319.JPG P1020320.JPGP1020320.JPG

#4 11 years ago

Pics

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Pics

// Error: Image 50649 not found // // Error: Image 50650 not found // // Error: Image 50651 not found // P1020323.JPGP1020323.JPG P1020324.JPGP1020324.JPG

#6 11 years ago

Pics

// Error: Image 50652 not found // // Error: Image 50653 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg P1020325.JPGP1020325.JPG P1020326.JPGP1020326.JPG

#7 11 years ago

Pics

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg // Error: Image 50657 not found // P1020327.JPGP1020327.JPG

#8 11 years ago

Pic

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Not sure why they are upside down?

#10 11 years ago

Great work....Your pics suck

#11 11 years ago

The nuclear green looks great!!!

#12 11 years ago

That will look great on st Patrick's day!

#13 11 years ago

The nuclear blast is such a minor part of the whole Simpsons thing...I cannot for the life of me understand making the game so green. Looks really bizarre to me, to be honest.

It's The Simpsons....

YELLOW Metal!!!! YELLOW DMD!!!!!!!!! LOL

#14 11 years ago

The Green DMD really makes it pop, that's a nice touch.

#15 11 years ago

Rarehero nuclear plate is in simpsions alll the time. Then I guess you wont like my FYG as it has yellow trim and ordered a yellow DMD for that as well.

#16 11 years ago

I think the green looks nice. what about the metal ramps?

#17 11 years ago

Thats great! Talk about making a game your own! Thats the way to to it.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The nuclear blast is such a minor part of the whole Simpsons thing...I cannot for the life of me understand making the game so green. Looks really bizarre to me, to be honest.
It's The Simpsons....
YELLOW Metal!!!! YELLOW DMD!!!!!!!!! LOL

I kind of agree, but obviously you didn't do it for other people. I'd probably have tried to pull a color out of the background like yellow, red or pink; but that's the thing about modding, you do what you like. Enjoy it!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I think the green looks nice. what about the metal ramps?

I think they are nicely done, but the green is such a "bold choice" you're either going to love it or hate it. I don't want to be mean, but let's just say I wouldn't pay a premium for the work you put into the game. If it had been a different color, I probably would have.

Personally, I think I would have gone with pink, which would have been another bold choice. I just think it might have popped with the "Pinball Party" text, apron and plastic boarders. Plus, it reminds me of the doughnut frosting. I think my choice would have been love / hate too.

Others have suggested yellow, but I think that might be a mistake too. It would be safe, but it might be lost in all the yellow already on the machine.

On a positive note, I do like the radioactive cutouts. I think that help sell the vision you were going for.

PS: Your lineup is amazing, and I'm super jealous. If you ever want to do a part time trade, my Fish Tales for any of you machines let me know. I'd love to try something new, but I don't have the bankroll.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Rarehero nuclear plate is in simpsions alll the time. Then I guess you wont like my FYG as it has yellow trim and ordered a yellow DMD for that as well.

I don't know that "nuclear plate" means....so, moving on...lol...yellow would fit FGY as the cabinet has lots of yellow/red/orange. Yellow/Red are Stewie's colors. Don't really see the benefit to a yellow DMD on FGY...again, would be a perfect fit on Simpsons since there are Simpsons characters constantly on it - who's skin color is supposed to be yellow. I'd throw the yellow DMD on Simpsons and put the green on your CV.

#21 11 years ago

Pink?

Okay, I know how I can sell my wife on TSPP now. Thanks.

#22 11 years ago

pimp my simpsons!!
i love the ramps!

#23 11 years ago

I should have my nuke green stuff from Matt soon too!

I am doing bubblegum pink & baby blue for the coin door, topper & shooter housing though.

Something to consider... I am getting green speaker grills & painting black nuclear symbols on them too. Also the yellow flippers look/play nice in white rubber FYI.

Anyway I like it, looking forward to completing mine!

I never considered the ramps... I wonder if a matching bubblegum pink & baby blue would fit mine? Damn you for the idea!

#24 11 years ago

Ok TAT, I'll buy it back now.
I really dig this! Looks awesome.

#25 11 years ago

Pretty cool green color, personally I would've done yellow as it seems to match the simpsons theme a bit more, but pretty cool nonetheless

#26 11 years ago

Hey tatman9999 How do you get the black plugs that cover the nuts on the inside of the cab off where the hinges are that connect the back box to the cab? I have the same set of rails from pinball life. Thanks.

#27 11 years ago

I used a razor blade. I did not put them back on. It is just a sticker.

#28 11 years ago

Ok thanks. To get the left side off did you have to remove the upper playfield?

#29 11 years ago

No just move the playfield out. Very easy to do.

#30 11 years ago

A very quality job, but not the color I would have picked. IMO, the playfield and DMD look great but the sides and legs are pretty gaudy. But then yellow would have likely been too much as well...maybe white would sharp (you'd have to polish it every freakin' day).

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from dasmb:

A very quality job, but not the color I would have picked. IMO, the playfield and DMD look great but the sides and legs are pretty gaudy. But then yellow would have likely been too much as well...maybe white would sharp (you'd have to polish it every freakin' day).

Agreed with ^

But it is nicely done!

#32 11 years ago

I think the nuclear green rocks but I prefer the duff beer can mod over the beer mug. Only other thing I would add is kodos or kang and duffman playmates figures.

Does anyone make decals for the white stand-up targets (comic book guy, Kwiki mart and the 3 bully targets).

#33 11 years ago

Love the coloured ramps but hate the green trim

#34 11 years ago

Hey JayDawg! Check pinballdecals.com. They make all the pinball target decals, including TSPP.

#35 11 years ago

Thats pretty awesome! Its a total shout out to the original DE Simpsons

#36 11 years ago

I like everything except the pop bumper caps..... need to find some way to change the boring gray stock towers to match the green

#37 11 years ago

The green is a little much, but I love to see mods like this, makes it so unique.

#38 11 years ago

Great job, but I don't think the color goes well with the game.

#39 11 years ago

Looks good Tatman, definitely jumps out at you now and the PF looks great. Enjoy!

#40 11 years ago

A TSPP and a FG back in the fold. Nice job!

#41 11 years ago

I think the green gose good. Yellow would be to much. I have a set of yellow that I am installing on my FYG today. I set the yellow on TSPP and I did not like it.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I think the green gose good. Yellow would be to much. I have a set of yellow that I am installing on my FYG today. I set the yellow on TSPP and I did not like it.

Nice. I've seen yellow on Family Guy. Looks nice, also. I'm thinking of trying yellow tmolding on my AC/DC premium to replace the chrome. Might be a good accent.

1 week later
#44 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Nice. I've seen yellow on Family Guy. Looks nice, also. I'm thinking of trying yellow tmolding on my AC/DC premium to replace the chrome. Might be a good accent.

I will try yellow t molding on fyg

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I like everything except the pop bumper caps..... need to find some way to change the boring gray stock towers to match the green

I say put big awesome colored LEDs in there. Towers spend half the game lit and pulsing.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from dasmb:

I say put big awesome colored LEDs in there. Towers spend half the game lit and pulsing.

Color changing? Or red? Can I use flashers or 555?

#47 11 years ago

Any color would be cool. Manual says thats a 555. I'm not much for mods but I may do a pair of big bright greens in mine, something like these http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=262&categoryId=13

#48 11 years ago

The love child of Homer and Shrek.

Looks good, maybe just a little too much green for me but nice job.

#49 11 years ago

Nice work Tatman!

Curious how the backbox trim is done (original trim pulled & painted; new trim painted & added; plastic paint, etc.)?

Quoted from tatman9999:

Green trim around the back box.

#50 11 years ago

I removed the old black t-mold. I ordered green t-mold off of e-bay. It was $20 for 25 feet of arcade t-molding.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-tspp-with-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.