Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Hyperion
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

013.JPG
    014.JPG
    012.JPG
    025.JPG
    028.JPG
    029.JPG
    030.JPG
    026.JPG
    022.JPG
    004.JPG
    003.JPG
    007.JPG
    006.JPG
    008.JPG
    005.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

Just bought some items that I'm thinking of making custom toppers for my Bally pins.
    1 Lost World
    2 Viking
    3 Elektra
    Would like some feedback & tips on how to wire LEDs into them & how to mount.
    thanks

005.JPG005.JPG 008.JPG008.JPG

#2 12 years ago

2 viking

006.JPG006.JPG 007.JPG007.JPG

#3 12 years ago

3 elektra
    this ones tricky... its real crystals 22.8 pounds

003.JPG003.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG

#4 12 years ago

Those will look great especially, electra

#5 12 years ago

Cool toppers, I especially like Lost World.

#6 12 years ago

Nice custom toppers. The Lost World one will be especially cool.

#7 12 years ago

Awesome pieces for toppers. the skull for Lost Worlds would really be great with some low pulsing red light in the eyes!!!

#8 12 years ago

I will be stealing that idea for Elektra . Its an odd game, a very odd game but id call it one of the hardest games I own. Never been able to get the 3 balls at once.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I will be stealing that idea for Elektra . Its an odd game, a very odd game but id call it one of the hardest games I own.

You have some good games in your collection. You should post some pictures of your games in the archives. (ALIEN STAR) for example.

#10 12 years ago

very nice choices, jealous

#11 12 years ago

Thank you all for your comments. All of these items were found on ebay, hopefully some of you will come up withsome interesting ideas for toppers for your machines.

3 weeks later
    #12 12 years ago

Update: Got some leds from radio shack and used my dremel to create the socket holes. Then did a test run wiring to the coin door... the Viking topper looks good to go but the lost world topper green leds were too weak. so back to the drawing board on what leds to use, maybe just buy some #44 sockets + green leds and mount them in there.

022.JPG022.JPG 026.JPG026.JPG 030.JPG030.JPG

#13 12 years ago

heres the lost world

029.JPG029.JPG 028.JPG028.JPG 025.JPG025.JPG

#14 12 years ago

Way cool LED eyes!!! Awesome job!

#15 12 years ago

The viking looks ready for primetime!

#16 12 years ago

That viking is BA! Hmmmm, I work at a golf course, you'd think I could come up with something for NGG??

#17 12 years ago

Those are great mods.

#18 12 years ago

nice work.

#19 12 years ago

That viking looks stellar!

#21 12 years ago

This might be a lot of extra work and money, but for the crystals, I would mold them up and cast in clear resin. That would cut the weight down considerably and you could drill the casting anyway you want for lighting effects.

Plus, you'd have the mold, so you could make multiples.

Johnny

#23 12 years ago

Nicely done.

#24 12 years ago

Another update : got the dragon skull fitted with 2 lamp sockets and wired .... MUCH BRITER!

012.JPG012.JPG 014.JPG014.JPG 013.JPG013.JPG

#25 12 years ago

The downside while testing another custom toy (Judge Death figure w/ LED) on my viking coindoor I bridged the +&- and all the lights went out on just the coindoor! Checked the fuses in the backbox but didn't see any burnt? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

#26 12 years ago

Man, sorry to hear that! Your toppers look sweet though. I would change the fuse that operates the coin door just to be sure.

#28 12 years ago

Toppers look great, did you figure out the door light issue?

#30 12 years ago

That Lost World topper turned out excellent. Too bad about the door though...

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I will be stealing that idea for Elektra . Its an odd game, a very odd game but id call it one of the hardest games I own. Never been able to get the 3 balls at once.

Hmmm... I believe Elektra is only 2 ball - multiball.

That crystal does looking pretty cool, but damn, I would be scared to put something that heavy up there and have it crash and burn on the playfield....

#32 12 years ago

Gonna try an find somewhere to cut down the crystal, so it will weigh less and have a flat bottom for mounting.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-toppers-for-my-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.