Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Psw757
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

detail-1 (resized).jpg
    detail (resized).jpg
    Altec_3.jpg
    Altec_2.jpg
    Altec_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    PiAS2518bot.png
    PiAS2518top.png
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    sound_board.JPG
    MP3_Cab.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr2xbass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

How do you guys get the music to stop when the ball ends or game over occurs??

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Keep in mind, the mp3 trigger does NOT do polyphonic (IE only one sound at a time). The wav trigger can multiplex tracks

The wavTrigger from robertsonics is a much better choice than the mp3Trigger for custom pin sounds. Same price, more functionality. I am unfamiliar with the offerings of adafruit or raspPi, so I cannot comment on what they offer, though other programmer friends say they are good.
    But as far as the wavTrigger: if all you want to do is add bg music it is quite simple enough to use one of the physical contact inputs on the WT and wire it to the out hole switch. The programming on the WT has many options including a "STOP All Tracks" function.

I'm currently working on a setup using the WT and an Arduino, with the Arduino using the serial port to communicate with the WT and acting as an "interpreter" between the WT and the original commands the soundboard would have received from the MPU. ..a little more involved on the programming side than the very simple WT utility is. When I get all the kinks worked out, I will be more than happy to share my Arduino sketch. But as I mentioned, the WT utility program is very user-friendly and easy to understand if you are wanting to find a way to use just the WT alone.

checked out www.robertsonics.com I assume?

#146 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Every switch matrix I've seen (including early Stern) has some sort of low voltage flowing through the existing switches which will trigger that channel repeatedly.

From the robertsonics website: "Trigger inputs support passive (contact closure) or active (3.3V / 5.0V logic) as well as inverted modes on an individual basis."

#147 7 years ago

Though, in all fairness and honesty, I must offer up that I have not actually tried this method of direct connection to an existing switch. I do have the WT and am currently working on it but I will take some time aside to experiment and see if this method does or does not work. I'll report back with my findings, probably Wed evening.

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Every switch matrix I've seen (including early Stern) has some sort of low voltage flowing through the existing switches which will trigger that channel repeatedly. So unless you intend on rewiring everything and PROC-ing it, it's not as simple as just wiring this in.

After some quick experimenting with all of the various "trigger type" options with the WT, I can say in full confidence.. I am incorrect, toyotaboy has it right: You cannot use a switch that is wired into the switch matrix, it does give false triggers. It is not as simple as just wiring it in.
    BUT!! it CAN be as simple as replacing the existing single switch with a dual switch. Not a dual contact switch, but a dual switch with two sets of blades that can be triggered by one actuator. One set gets the wires that the original switch had, the other set goes to the WT.

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
    detail-1 (resized).jpgdetail-1 (resized).jpg

#152 7 years ago

True, $8-10 a switch can be pricy when trying to do an entire game.

I'd only make this suggestion for an application such as Chosen_S was asking about where he only wants to be able to start and stop background music.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr2xbass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-sounds?tu=mr2xbass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.