Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Psw757
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

detail-1 (resized).jpg
    detail (resized).jpg
    Altec_3.jpg
    Altec_2.jpg
    Altec_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    PiAS2518bot.png
    PiAS2518top.png
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    sound_board.JPG
    MP3_Cab.jpg
    There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 7 years ago
    Quoted from mr2xbass:

it CAN be as simple as replacing the existing single switch with a dual switch. Not a dual contact switch, but a dual switch with two sets of blades that can be triggered by one actuator. One set gets the wires that the original switch had, the other set goes to the WT

Yes, if there isn't already a dual contact switch somewhere, you can replace a single with a double. Even then that can get pretty expensive (single leaf switches are pricey as it is)
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=152

that's why many opt to build their own separate cherry switch with an arm, because cherry switches are very cheap (as low as a buck)

#152 7 years ago

True, $8-10 a switch can be pricy when trying to do an entire game.

I'd only make this suggestion for an application such as Chosen_S was asking about where he only wants to be able to start and stop background music.

3 months later
    #153 7 years ago

Took what I learned from here and modded my 1980 Gottlieb Amazing Spiderman. Kind of tedious but I had a lot of fun figuring it out.

#154 7 years ago

That is the most amazing Spiderman I've ever seen Very nice work on the playfield. Backglass looks great too- who did the repro for you?

#155 7 years ago

that is great, real nice work

#156 7 years ago
    Quoted from sudsy7:

That is the most amazing Spiderman I've ever seen Very nice work on the playfield. Backglass looks great too- who did the repro for you?

Thanks for the kudos. Vid's playfield restoration thread helped me immensely. Shay did the incredible work on the reproduction ASM backglass and the youtube video doesn't do it justice: http://shayarcadegroup.com/

2 months later
    #157 7 years ago

Need a little help determining what kind of switches I need to order.

I want to install sound on a Hollywood heat at the ball drain switch where it can play music on ball drain and during attract and end of game. I think I need to order a double switch with one contact but not sure what one exactly?

Also, if I wanted to add sounds at the in/outlanes what type of switch would you recommend to piggyback with?

I'm using two MP3 triggers, one for soundtrack triggered by switch in shooter lane and the second is for sounds/callouts.

Thanks for the help!

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-sounds/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.