(Topic ID: 281943)

Custom sounds for gottlieb system 1 questions.

By madrandomize

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tuukka
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madrandomize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi to all ! I would like some knowledge sharing from you guys.
I have a gottlieb system 1 Count-down pinball machine.
It is working correctly and has all the mods done to it and it works fine for the duration i have it.
I love the game but i hate the sounds .It has simpple beeps and boops (3 sounds total) that i grew abit bored about it.
I dont want to add chimes.

So let me explain first what is the situation.

System 1 has the sounds controlled via the solenoid board,that is why i can install very easy a chime box.
I think that the voltage that goes to the sound board is usual 5volts signal and then by passing inside the solenoid board it uses the transistors to give higher voltage and then go to the sound board and make a sound.(i am trying to explain it with layman terms because i dont know better)

One questions is : Can i intercept the signal (when it is at the 5 volt stage,before going to the solenoid board) by removing the connector going to the solenoid board, and then attach a custom soundboard to those wires and use custom sounds?

This will allow me to use 3 sounds from an custom soundboard library and use the default switches of the machine with minimal effort.

My problem is that i dont have arduino or some other electronics experience to tinker with

The other way is to just use a soundboard and wire 20 different mechanical switches but at the risk of drilling under the playfield and potentially making a mess with an extra cable harness that will go from the switches to the sound board.

Does any of you have any experience with this kind of customisation?

Thanks in advance for any responses and i look forward to any suggestion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madrandomize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-sounds-for-gottlieb-system-1-questions?tu=madrandomize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.