Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by klyguy533
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 days ago

I'm looking to put anti-reflective glass on my 1982 Gottlieb Striker. It's a System 80 Widebody, not the standard Williams widebody that they all sell. I think its 24 5/8" x 48 1/2" Glass. I'm not brand loyal to anyone. Can I get anti-reflective Glass in this size?

#2 5 days ago
    Quoted from klyguy533:

Can I get anti-reflective Glass in this size?

It would have to be custom made. No idea on who or cost.

LTG : )

#3 5 days ago

If you find a place, let us know. That would be nice to have on my black hole.

#4 5 days ago

How many could we get together on a need for this? It would likely need to be at least 250 for me to be able to make anything happen. PM me with thoughts

#5 5 days ago

can't you just have a glazier cut a sheet of anti reflective "museum" glass to size? I had this done for a large display case

#6 5 days ago
    Quoted from CrisCrow:

can't you just have a glazier cut a sheet of anti reflective "museum" glass to size? I had this done for a large display case

Tempered ?

#7 4 days ago

I've wondered before if you can just buy anti-reflective film and make any glass the equivalent of Magic Glass, etc. for less money.

#8 4 days ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I've wondered before if you can just buy anti-reflective film and make any glass the equivalent of Magic Glass, etc. for less money.

You can. Look at cars with it. Looks like crap. Plain glass is better.

#9 4 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You can. Look at cars with it. Looks like crap. Plain glass is better.

Wasn't referring to the junky car stuff. More about wondering if someone makes a film along the lines of what was being used in a museum display case that you could apply yourself. But I think it's more of an optical coating than a film.

I was actually talking to the guy that installed the 3M UV film on the basement windows (where the pins are located) about the Magic Glass and showed him the pins that had it installed on. We tossed around some thoughts, with the result being if I took him a piece of glass, we could do an experiment pretty cheaply.

#10 4 days ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

How many could we get together on a need for this? It would likely need to be at least 250 for me to be able to make anything happen. PM me with thoughts

250 might be all the registered Widebody System 80s in the US. I don't think we'll be able to swing an order like that.

#11 4 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Tempered ?

it is tempered, I used a company in long island when I lived there. I'll try to find the name. I used to work in glass (blown glass, totally different industry). I might know a few people that may be able to find a source

#12 3 days ago
    Quoted from explosiveegg:

If you find a place, let us know. That would be nice to have on my black hole.

Well I found a place. They quoted 1/4" so would need to be updated for 3/16". The quote was $3,059.73 plus shipping. I'm going to have to pass on that one and keep looking.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside